Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Conversationalist

Isn't syncopation more used in breakbeat than four on the floor?
Edit: Terribly sorry Layra burning_eyes ............ Maybe I can make something as intellient as you about this and talk about early synth history...........or a kind of "comprehensive guide to essential hardware'' If you wan't.........
White Linen
Isn't syncopation more used in breakbeat than four on the floor?

GODDAMNIT. DON"T POST HERE!!! But the answer is yes, and that's why so much four-to-the-floor percussion is boring as s**t. The best we get is usually off-beat hats.
i dislike this thread because of how rigid you make production out to be

this is probably why your music sounds rigid and bland to me..bleh

also feel sorry for people just starting out who stumble upon this. seems like you want everyone to sound like you. emotion_puke

The Committee Staff Member

pyo retsu

also feel sorry for people just starting out who stumble upon this. seems like you want everyone to sound like you. emotion_puke

Welcome to the Electronic forum. If you have any suggestions, please, feel free to give us your input. I haven't listened to any of Layra-Chan's tunes, but I'm sure some would say they're great, depending on what genre they're into.

I used to come to these parts, but I took a two year hiatus, and before all of that, I hadn't met but one person here who made their own compositions. During those two years, I was working on different tracks of my own, unfortunately with the FL Studio demo. Around 2010, I had created three different tracks, all longer than my normal duration for music, and I was quite proud of what I had created.

There was a major problem, though. While my songs sounded amazing to those who knew nothing about music production, they were far from being amazing. The melodies are great, but there was a lot missing. I've recognized this problem ever since.

I do believe this guide is helpful. It doesn't say that we have to make our tunes like someone else, but rather, it gives us a general idea to work with. I'm sure that after reading this guide, my tracks won't sound anything like Layra-Chan's. Recently, I had done a remix, and I knew it had problems. I could hear it myself. I began to feel discouraged. That was until I had seen this guide.

You may not agree with what she has to say, and that's fine. So if you have a few words, please share with us. Don't just come in here and say that this is probably why her stuff sounds rigid and bland.

In the end, this guide separates those who use a music program just to make music without knowledge, and those who make music with the knowledge in mind. You know what they say, "Knowledge is power," and "Music is a worldly language." There isn't any point in making something if you can't understand it.
Jono Blue
pyo retsu

Welcome to the Electronic forum. If you have any suggestions, please, feel free to give us your input. I haven't listened to any of Layra-Chan's tunes, but I'm sure some would say they're great, depending on what genre they're into.

I used to come to these parts, but I took a two year hiatus, and before all of that, I hadn't met but one person here who made their own compositions. During those two years, I was working on different tracks of my own, unfortunately with the FL Studio demo. Around 2010, I had created three different tracks, all longer than my normal duration for music, and I was quite proud of what I had created.

There was a major problem, though. While my songs sounded amazing to those who knew nothing about music production, they were far from being amazing. The melodies are great, but there was a lot missing. I've recognized this problem ever since.

I do believe this guide is helpful. It doesn't say that we have to make our tunes like someone else, but rather, it gives us a general idea to work with. I'm sure that after reading this guide, my tracks won't sound anything like Layra-Chan's. Recently, I had done a remix, and I knew it had problems. I could hear it myself. I began to feel discouraged. That was until I had seen this guide.

You may not agree with what she has to say, and that's fine. So if you have a few words, please share with us. Don't just come in here and say that this is probably why her stuff sounds rigid and bland.

In the end, this guide separates those who use a music program just to make music without knowledge, and those who make music with the knowledge in mind. You know what they say, "Knowledge is power," and "Music is a worldly language." There isn't any point in making something if you can't understand it.

uh hi thanks for welcoming me? are you a moderator or something? what a weird way to introduce urself .__.

this guide doesnt separate anything and i think it's a waste of time reading. if you need help recreating a sound just ask the person who made it first directly or listen to the song and experiment with your own synths and vsts till you get somethin just as cool.

the world is full of enough cookie-cutter producers

The Committee Staff Member

pyo retsu
uh hi thanks for welcoming me? are you a moderator or something? what a weird way to introduce urself .__.

this guide doesnt separate anything and i think it's a waste of time reading. if you need help recreating a sound just ask the person who made it first directly or listen to the song and experiment with your own synths and vsts till you get somethin just as cool.

You're welcome. I am far from being a moderator. The Electronic forum is actually quite slow, so asking people to help you with something such as recreating a sound could be awhile. From what I got out of this guide was more about what to do and what not to do.

By the way, what is your definition of cookie-cutter producers?
Jono Blue
pyo retsu

You're welcome. I am far from being a moderator. The Electronic forum is actually quite slow, so asking people to help you with something such as recreating a sound could be awhile. From what I got out of this guide was more about what to do and what not to do.

By the way, what is your definition of cookie-cutter producers?

i didnt mean this forum
havent heard anything from anyone here that i dont already know how to reproduce rofl

i meant looking up the actual artists theyre interested in and getting in touch with them. it's worth the effort.

a "what not to do" and "what to do" guide is idiotic and backwards. do whatever you ******** feel like there arent any rules man! if you need help with the mixdown that might be a bit different. i can link you to better guides on how to save enough headroom in your mix or where a good range of frequencies you want certain sounds to sit

but other than that there arent any absolutes like that. only the sith work in absolutes...
pyo retsu
only the sith work in absolutes...

Ahaahaaaa tipped by my inner Star Wars nerd. rofl
Tuonetar
pyo retsu

25 Vanguard on Jung Ma

join me twisted
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu

25 Vanguard on Jung Ma

join me twisted

Is that some TOR jargon? Haven't got it, macfag here. gonk
Tuonetar
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu

25 Vanguard on Jung Ma

join me twisted

yeah sad damn i really wish they made a port to macs im dying to see how it looks on my dad's computer
I wasn't aware that people were trying to take this guide as a list of absolute rules. I wasn't aware that anything labeled "guide" was supposed to be a list of absolute rules; I thought a list of rules would labeled "rules" or "laws" or something like that. Also, I was under the apparently mistaken impression that once you've moved past "basic" production, you might not take something labeled "basic production guide" so seriously. It's a good thing I'm not a lawyer since it seems that I can't even interpret my own writing correctly.
I guess that I'll have to put in a little note saying that these aren't supposed to be laws of any sort, right under the part where I asked people to post feedback in the production guide feedback thread instead of in this in the hopes of keeping it somewhat clean looking. In fact, a suggestion that I tell people not to take this guide as absolute rules would have been precisely the kind of thing that would have been nice to see in the feedback thread.
Although I suppose it's too late for that now. Oh well, that's why this is the beta test.
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu

25 Vanguard on Jung Ma

join me twisted

yeah sad damn i really wish they made a port to macs im dying to see how it looks on my dad's computer

I don't know why Mac doesn't do more with video games in general. evil
Aspyr did a really good job converting KoTOR to Mac for the App store. It crashed way less than it did on my PC back home. xd Maybe they'll do something similar for TOR eventually, or some other Star Wars titles. But I doubt it. :C

Oh right this is a production guide we're derailing. Ummm... Pretty good mixdown advice.
Tuonetar
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu
Tuonetar
pyo retsu

25 Vanguard on Jung Ma

join me twisted

I don't know why Mac doesn't do more with video games in general. evil
Aspyr did a really good job converting KoTOR to Mac for the App store. It crashed way less than it did on my PC back home. xd Maybe they'll do something similar for TOR eventually, or some other Star Wars titles. But I doubt it. :C

Oh right this is a production guide we're derailing. Ummm... Pretty good mixdown advice.

they really should do a port! especially since they did one for wow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces