Welcome to Gaia! ::

Electric Ambience at it's finest. This band is more awsome than you. Jesus hisself tips his hat to this band. The question lies within: have you heard of them?

----Riki
Massive Attack = trip-hop and not "Electric Ambience", but yes, I have very much heard of them and they're amazing. I have Blue Lines, Protection, Mezzanine, and 100th Window.
[Kenzi]
Massive Attack = trip-hop and not "Electric Ambience", but yes, I have very much heard of them and they're amazing. I have Blue Lines, Protection, Mezzanine, and 100th Window.

I f this is as so, answer me this: In a battle of greatnest, which would triumph: Mezzanine v.s Blue lines? (i havent graced me ears with the later, but i have heard it to be excellent)
Rikimaru098
[Kenzi]

I f this is as so, answer me this: In a battle of greatnest, which would triumph: Mezzanine v.s Blue lines? (i havent graced me ears with the later, but i have heard it to be excellent)

Please do give Blue Lines a listen. What amazes me is that the material is so old (1993, I believe??) but still sounds relatively fresh and innovative. It's truly a very influential, amazing album. That being said...I still prefer Mezzanine. The sound is darker, thicker, and sexier, and I like that. I'm not sure which is more influential...I think Blue Lines was definitely one of the albums that pioneered trip-hop, but Mezzanine was more widely known and heard. It's hard to say.
[Kenzi]
Rikimaru098
[Kenzi]

Please do give Blue Lines a listen. What amazes me is that the material is so old (1993, I believe??) but still sounds relatively fresh and innovative. It's truly a very influential, amazing album. That being said...I still prefer Mezzanine. The sound is darker, thicker, and sexier, and I like that. I'm not sure which is more influential...I think Blue Lines was definitely one of the albums that pioneered trip-hop, but Mezzanine was more widely known and heard. It's hard to say.

I see, what you say is true: Blue lines is a very influentual albumn ive heard (1991 in fact)

If you are such a fan of Massive attack, are you, then, also a fan Portishead
Rikimaru098
[Kenzi]
Rikimaru098
[Kenzi]

I see, what you say is true: Blue lines is a very influentual albumn ive heard (1991 in fact)

If you are such a fan of Massive attack, are you, then, also a fan Portishead

Yes, though not to the same degree. "Dummy" is a wonderful album but that's mainly all I've heard.
Inertia Creeps is my fav song by them...although I only have one album...*erk*

Dangerous Conversationalist

4 words: Greatest romp music ever. Period.
cool
Teardrop is just one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever created in human history.

Assimilated Borg

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I would take a bullet for them.

But not in the face.

*edit*
Favourite song = Sly
Favourite album = Protection
Speaking of Massive Attack...

Has anyone heard Daddy G's new mix for the DJ Kicks series? It's an amazing mix of downtempo/roots/hip hop.
Mmmm, Massive Attack. I fill my playlist with MA before I go to bed. It's good stuff...
So...

The word has been spread 3nodding
Exeron Saiiris
cool

Agreed. cool

Dangerous Conversationalist

[Kenzi]
Exeron Saiiris
cool

Agreed. cool

I knew you would approve! cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out