Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
This thread is dedicated to getting attention for 7th Moon, specifically, so that eigoMANGA will adapt it into a manga, video game or both. This is a very important and serious business proposition, and I really don't want anyone getting in the way, so no trolling. I really want to talk to the people at eigoMANGA, although anyone who supports it is welcome to show your support, and ask any questions or make any suggestions that help the project along. Basically I'm cool with any posting as long as you're not a jerk, also known as following the site's Terms of Use.

So most of the details are on my profile, but I'm reserving the next two comments to go into some greater detail. I have Gaia avatars of my characters because I can't draw well, so anyone who wants to take a stab at that is welcome, and I will pay you in Gaia Gold for any quality images.

1. What this thread is
2. Manga Adaptation
3. Video Game Adaptation

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Manga

Quote:
7th Moon is a biotechnology and prosthetics corporation built on an eponymous satellite and for two decades since World War III, they have provided the world with food and medicine. Secretly, they have also been creating an army to subjugate those who would dare to challenge their authority. Then one day, a team of soldiers including a cyborg named Hidariude and his close friend Kichiku are sent on a test run to take out what they are told is a terrorist base that threatens their safety. In the wake of battle, a crying child awakens Kichiku's sense of compassion. Kichiku runs away with the child, Douji, while Hidariude returns to 7th Moon and rescues Keisei, a catgirl created as a slave and the four learn the ancient mystical secrets of martial arts and combine these skills with the powers provided by the highest technology, going from the company's greatest assets to their most dangerous liability. They are the Espers, Earth's last hope against 7th Moon...

Yeah, so I don't want to give too much away... the book is currently in print and you can get it at Amazon and Barnes and Noble, the links are in my sig and on my profile. I also sell it at conventions when I can manage to get to one. I want it to be a manga, but I can't draw, so I am simply asking for eigoMANGA to lend their talents to adapting my prose into manga. And don't say it can't be done, Yen Press does it all the time. I am willing to do whatever it takes, and talk to whoever I need to so if anybody is interested, please contact me. I wrote the story with manga adaptation in mind and made a point of describing visuals as much as possible, so there shouldn't be a lot of problems, of course if I'm wrong I'm open to discussion to correct my shortcomings.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Video Game

For the video game I was thinking of a fighting game like Vanguard Princess. I like the artwork and the mechanics are cool, so if there was just some way to use my characters. I have basic images on my profile as Gaia Avatars and I try to describe them in my book. For the game, I would have each character have five combos, including three generic multi-hits that every character shares, plus a special ranged attack and an ultimate attack. For starters I would say only use the main four protagonists and four main antagonists. In story mode you can choose any of the protagonists, then fight the other protagonists as training, then fight the antagonists. In Arcade Mode you can play as any character. After trying Vanguard Princess, we could even use that system of 2 on 2, since two of the protagonists may work better as support so it could be set up that in story mode protagonists are automatically paired with Douji and antagonists are automatically paired with Hime and you can choose during arcade mode.

For anyone who wants to know more or has some thoughts to share on this, quote this post to begin a sub-discussion on 7th Moon the Video Game.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
So I tried multiple contacts with eigoMANGA, finally sending them a direct e-mail. They rejected me. They said they aren't set up that way. Well, Yen Press does it and if eigoMANGA doesn't they're missing out on a great opportunity. I ask everyone now to stand up to eigoMANGA and make them recognize their mistake.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
eek ...uh, thanks for stopping by

IRL Genius

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The reason why eigoMANGA rejected you is not because they did not like your material or anything like that but because they really are not set up at way. eigoMANGA is primarily a manga publishing company that is trying to move forward and break into the gaming industry. In other words, they are a hosting company not a production company. The manga and games that they are promoting and selling is not theirs per say to begin with. They are trying to go towards that direction but they are not a big company or have enough staff to start creating original in-house content yet. Your best bet is to create the manga and game yourself and then appeal to eigoMANGA to publish it for you. They cannot produce your story, game or content because they do not have that kind of manpower. I wish you the best of luck for your story, and I hope you are able to make it a reality.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Miku_Ayawei
The reason why eigoMANGA rejected you is not because they did not like your material or anything like that but because they really are not set up at way. eigoMANGA is primarily a manga publishing company that is trying to move forward and break into the gaming industry. In other words, they are a hosting company not a production company. The manga and games that they are promoting and selling is not theirs per say to begin with. They are trying to go towards that direction but they are not a big company or have enough staff to start creating original in-house content yet. Your best bet is to create the manga and game yourself and then appeal to eigoMANGA to publish it for you. They cannot produce your story, game or content because they do not have that kind of manpower. I wish you the best of luck for your story, and I hope you are able to make it a reality.

I just want to take a moment to thank you for actually giving me an honest and helpful piece of feedback. I am so used to trolls telling me what a piece of crap I've made and how I'm wasting time, space, and bandwidth that I almost stopped believing that there were actually reasonable and encouraging people like you out there. Admittedly I'm no farther forward, but at least I feel better about it. Also you can help me by following the links in my sig and on my profile or going directly to Amazon and ordering my book, I need the money and the fan base.

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Hidariude
Manga

Quote:
7th Moon is a biotechnology and prosthetics corporation built on an eponymous satellite and for two decades since World War III, they have provided the world with food and medicine. Secretly, they have also been creating an army to subjugate those who would dare to challenge their authority. Then one day, a team of soldiers including a cyborg named Hidariude and his close friend Kichiku are sent on a test run to take out what they are told is a terrorist base that threatens their safety. In the wake of battle, a crying child awakens Kichiku's sense of compassion. Kichiku runs away with the child, Douji, while Hidariude returns to 7th Moon and rescues Keisei, a catgirl created as a slave and the four learn the ancient mystical secrets of martial arts and combine these skills with the powers provided by the highest technology, going from the company's greatest assets to their most dangerous liability. They are the Espers, Earth's last hope against 7th Moon...

Yeah, so I don't want to give too much away... the book is currently in print and you can get it at Amazon and Barnes and Noble, the links are in my sig and on my profile. I also sell it at conventions when I can manage to get to one. I want it to be a manga, but I can't draw, so I am simply asking for eigoMANGA to lend their talents to adapting my prose into manga. And don't say it can't be done, Yen Press does it all the time. I am willing to do whatever it takes, and talk to whoever I need to so if anybody is interested, please contact me. I wrote the story with manga adaptation in mind and made a point of describing visuals as much as possible, so there shouldn't be a lot of problems, of course if I'm wrong I'm open to discussion to correct my shortcomings.

This sounds pretty good. smile

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Infinite_Randomness
Hidariude
Manga

Quote:

This sounds pretty good. smile

Thanks, I'm hope I did a good job and I hope you and many others enjoy it.
Hidariude
Manga

Quote:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff