Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Cutie-Pie

5,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Thread Flip 150
CurseofDark

Thanks again! And thanks for sharing, a little bit of that always goes a long way.
Did you want anything specific for your avvie art? I asked you earlier but you might not have seen it 3nodding

My replies... they sometimes take FOREVER.. LOL

Easter Squirrel is awesome, I'll go see if I like her better with the basket off!

Salty Senshi

14,000 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Strange-Angel Designs
CurseofDark
Strange-Angel Designs

Thank you for letting me know! I'll be buying the Body piece to place near my altar - pagan wink - and as soon as I saw it, I felt drawn to it. It has a lot of interpretations for me. I HAVE that feeling, being ridden and trampled by my personal/critical-mental demons, but I also see it as a gorgeous representation of jumping FROM the physical body to be the wild and primeval spirit without bounds. The dichotomy of aching sadness OR unconfined primeval celebration.
Negative Space.. I'm a part-time partner with my boyfriend, there are several nights a week I don't have him in my bed. sad I can definitely relate. Seeing it made me smile, though.. in that happy-sad way, that makes you think of "I can't wait for there to be a body next to me again.."

EEEEEEeeeeee me too! eek Sorry, I don't meet a lot of other pagan people sweatdrop
That's an interesting interpretation, I had meant for the girl on the ground to be the main figure, but the more I look at it now it almost seems like the demon is stepping off to be it's own body so to speak
I feel for ya, after almost three years of a long distance relationship that bittersweet feeling seems to run my life D:
I might go ahead and get those printed for you, gotta box up the printer on thursday (though if you change your mind don't worry about it) Was there anything specific you wanted for your avvie art by the way? Or just the Easter squirrel? XP

-gigglefit- Easter Squirrel works! It's my first time being something OTHER than a pin-up type or a reflection of one of my past RP characters on here, and I found I really like her. Offline, I discovered a couple years ago that I'm a rabbit in animus-spirit and/or animal play. I'd always thought I was ONLY house cat; nope. Bunneh, getting teased and chased by friends who embody wolves, jaguars, one bear, a badger, etc.
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about the "EEEEEEeeeee!" -squeals!- FELLOW PAGAN ARMIGAHD! biggrin I always say it with the knowledge I may come back to find an icy "Oh.", a block, or a dozen questions from someone who's confused/curious/innocent. So... I tend *not* to say anything unless it comes up in conversation. BUT OMIGOD THAT PICTURE! biggrin lol I couldn't help myself but tell! She reminds me a bit of some of the darker/chaotic Goddess figures - Kali, Eris, Sekhmet, Appolonia.. The dark, sometimes violent, fearsome warrior woman poised to leap and attack the enemy/break what needs to be shattered to begin change.
Three years... oyeh.. I feel for you! You're boxing up the printer Thursday, does that mean things are changing soon? And if you are okay with printing the Body piece ahead of time, I will get the money to you asap. I don't know how quickly I could get the money for Space to you, so if you want to hold off on printing that one, I completely understand and agree with the decision. In the meantime, like I said, pimpin' your shop! biggrin

I've always wondered why so many people lean toward wolves/big cats/predator type animals as opposed to like, wombats or something XD
People have actually blocked you after you tell them you're pagan? o.0 Yiiikes!
Yah I was going for a lunar/mother goddess cycle type thing with her, almost a Lilith vrs Eve with the whole image. Come to think of it, breaking what needs to be shattered to begin change is a pretty good description of my mental state at the time o.o
Yesssss! Finally D: Moving across three states to move in with him, I just hope he doesn't get sick of me with all the time we'll be spending together XD
No rush! Order it when ever you feel like, I'm just gonna print em both out so I have them on hand for whenever

Dedicated Cutie-Pie

5,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Thread Flip 150
CurseofDark

I've always wondered why so many people lean toward wolves/big cats/predator type animals as opposed to like, wombats or something XD
People have actually blocked you after you tell them you're pagan? o.0 Yiiikes!
Yah I was going for a lunar/mother goddess cycle type thing with her, almost a Lilith vrs Eve with the whole image. Come to think of it, breaking what needs to be shattered to begin change is a pretty good description of my mental state at the time o.o
Yesssss! Finally D: Moving across three states to move in with him, I just hope he doesn't get sick of me with all the time we'll be spending together XD
No rush! Order it when ever you feel like, I'm just gonna print em both out so I have them on hand for whenever

-kermitflail- YAAAAAAAY FOR MOVING!!! How WONDERFUL! biggrin
Yep, I've actually been blocked on outing myself. -snicker- I think some people are raised to be so afraid of anything different, they immediately shut down and run the other way when they find out That Person they've been chatting away happily with for the past four days is... (dun dun duuuuun) One Of THEM. I feel bad for them that they're missing out on so many chances to expand their world when they're that afraid to challenge what they grew up with (or whatever causes them to immediately say "nope, none of you.. -block-" wink any time they meet someone outside their limited bubble.
I can really see the Lilith vs Eve! (and after all.. Eve was the compliant 2.0 version after Lilith was so hideous to demand her voice be heard, etc. lol!)
So, this past month, I noticed Goddess Danu kept catching my eye.. When I looked back after realizing I *might* be receiving a "call", I saw her mark on my life as far back as art I made in High School 1995 (I'm 36, btw.. lol). I joke that She gave gentle tapping drips.. waited.. waited.. waited.. and then said "enough of this" and dropped a freaking 2x4 on me. LOL
She has been (since I accepted I am receiving a call from Her) poking me in dreams with very specific symbols, etc. What I'm seeing is that I'm not to follow Her in the mode of "life-giving Happy Mother", but in Her mode of Warrior. It's hard to find much information on that.. Everyone seems to share info on her as a happy-fluffy goddess. Bah. I may have to make my own path.. lol
So when I saw that image.. there was SO much there. She IS the body down below, and she IS the fearsome demoness above, reveling in her womanhood.

Dedicated Cutie-Pie

5,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Thread Flip 150
CurseofDark
emotion_kirakira That metal monstrosity is going down!
Apparently he's a little tougher than I thought D: Stick around and post a bit and I'll draw yah some avvie art or somethin
Edit: ! Thanks guys! Art'll be done asap!

Quote:
This notice is to let everyone know that this forum will be archived into the Hot Topics Archive on Friday, April 5, 2013. So wrap up all your threads before then!

I'm happy to follow you to another thread once your moving is done! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces