Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Friend

Atari-555
When did I ever say that America is to blame for this? I never once did. I don't doubt others blame us, America is blamed for a lot of things, but I have never believed and never said that it's our fault. America contributes to it, but so does everyone else. Global Warming is a Global problem, not a national one.

If you want the want science behind it, go to the EPA national website. Or watch a National Geographic program. There are sources everywhere out there that give a solid, logical explanation for the things that are happening out there.

Here's a fancy little website run by a University in America. It's got lots of nice info that you can click through and read and watch -----& Webpage Title

If the temperature is decreasing, then why are our ice caps melting at an unprecedented rate? Does that mean that we don't have a problem?

The Earth Climate changes steadily throughout history, there is no doubt about that. What is happening in recent times is that it's changing more rapidly and with a larger degree of change-- something that supports that it might have some other issues helping climate change along. By adding our pollution/gases/etc, I'm sure that we aren't helping the situation.

The holes in the Ozone Layer are also something to be taken into consideration. They weren't there before our adding CFC's into our products, and the second we banned them, the holes started to recover themselves.

I don't think that Global Warming is purely man-made, but rather a combination of Earth's natural processes and what we keep adding/doing to the environment. I don't think it's a hoax, and I don't hate people who think it is-- I just have a different opinion.

What I do believe, however, is that there is a problem, we are contributing to it, and the only way to fix it is to acknowledge that we aren't making it any better.

I must say, you can have your oppinion, and I will have mine. It is, indeed, America. But I personally don't trust EPA anymore.

A couple of Russian Hackers uncovered an Email that more than proved Global warming a hoax.

Your theories are thought out, but where is the evidence truly?

Like I said before, theories need to be revised and checked, but not a scientist is allowed to anymore. (Revised theories contribute to finding the TRUE cause)

Climate will change over time, and I don't doubt that global warming exsists, I doubt that it is our fault.

BTW, Algore's "The unpleasant Truth" had many major errors, that aren't true about Global Warming.

I am not Democratic, or Republican for that matter. I am just an American asking questions.
Official Kiba
I must say, you can have your oppinion, and I will have mine. It is, indeed, America. But I personally don't trust EPA anymore.

Why?

Official Kiba
A couple of Russian Hackers uncovered an Email that more than proved Global warming a hoax.

Proof please or GTFO.

Official Kiba

Like I said before, theories need to be revised and checked, but not a scientist is allowed to anymore. (Revised theories contribute to finding the TRUE cause)

Uhh.. the evidence is in the published papers? That are freely available to everyone? Or are you illiterate?

And you're spouting bullshit. The theory is constantly being revised and checked, as every scientific theory should. Your side is the one that believes in dogmatic truth.

Official Kiba
Climate will change over time, and I don't doubt that global warming exsists, I doubt that it is our fault.

BTW, Algore's "The unpleasant Truth" had many major errors, that aren't true about Global Warming.

Proof please.

Official Kiba
I am not Democratic, or Republican for that matter. I am just an American asking questions.

No, you're not. You're spouting off bullshit Republican rhetoric. GTFO my Gaia.

Invisible Friend

Official Kiba

I'm not.

and I shall not answer your stupid excuse of a post, due to the fact that you really need to check you facts. I am allowed my own opinion, as are you.

I am alike Mayor Oscar Goodman, I have no political party.

And also, I can be on gaia if I want, it is a free country, however unaware of that you are.

Reasons I hate both:

Healthcare

Sarah FREAKING Palin

Wolf Hunting

Wolf hunting

DID I MENTION WOLF HUNTING??

The fact that Obama put the stop in NASA, which is responsible for the techy items we take for granted.

I think Obama's "change" is something I didn't expect. He shouldn't have put Healthcare out in the middle of the reccesion, I will be suprised if we don't go broke because of it.

Generous Receiver

Solarn
Official Kiba

Why?

Official Kiba

Proof please or GTFO.

Official Kiba

Uhh.. the evidence is in the published papers? That are freely available to everyone? Or are you illiterate?

And you're spouting bullshit. The theory is constantly being revised and checked, as every scientific theory should. Your side is the one that believes in dogmatic truth.

Official Kiba

Proof please.

Official Kiba

my advice, ignore him. His intelligence appears to be sub-troll-like, as he has done nothing to prove otherwise. Uneducated claims are not real claims at all.

Invisible Friend

ooobled-
Solarn
Official Kiba

Why?

Official Kiba

Proof please or GTFO.

Official Kiba

Official Kiba

Proof please.

Official Kiba

my advice, ignore him. His intelligence appears to be sub-troll-like, as he has done nothing to prove otherwise. Uneducated claims are not real claims at all.

Thanks.

Generous Receiver

Official Kiba
ooobled-
Solarn
Official Kiba

Why?

Official Kiba

Proof please or GTFO.

Official Kiba

Official Kiba

Proof please.

Official Kiba

Thanks.
Don't thank me. I was talking about you. Try to base your claims on substantiated research, and not word of mouth- and the WORST thing you can do is listen to news stations. Most American news stations are the farthest from valid, as they report opinion more than unbiased truth.

Invisible Friend

ooobled-
Official Kiba
ooobled-
Solarn
Official Kiba

Why?

Official Kiba

Proof please or GTFO.

Official Kiba

Official Kiba

Proof please.

Official Kiba

Thanks.
Don't thank me. I was talking about you. Try to base your claims on substantiated research, and not word of mouth- and the WORST thing you can do is listen to news stations. Most American news stations are the farthest from valid, as they report opinion more than unbiased truth.

I don't...

I am a person, with my own theories. Global Warming is not supported enough to be considered something I can believe in, and yes I do think over my facts.

I have a right to an opinnion, like you do.

And I am NOT a troll, I love the earth, but I don't believe in this Global Warming Crap. It is too shady for me to believe.

Okay?

Generous Receiver

Official Kiba
ooobled-
Official Kiba
ooobled-
Solarn

Why?

Proof please or GTFO.

Proof please.

Thanks.

I don't...

I am a person, with my own theories. Global Warming is not supported enough to be considered something I can believe in, and yes I do think over my facts.

I have a right to an opinnion, like you do.

And I am NOT a troll, I love the earth, but I don't believe in this Global Warming Crap. It is too shady for me to believe.

Okay?
Maybe my earlier "troll" comment was a little harsh, but you've proved my later points. There cannot possibly be any validity in an argument that is based on opinion. Opinion is nice, but not when using it to back-up an argument. You cannot possibly expect people to take you seriously if you base your claims on opinion. Opinion is nice, for art, literature, belief, or anything along that line. No one ever won debates with opinion. And whats more, one cannot say "global warming does not exist" if they use their opinion. They can say "I think global warming doesn't exist." And when you use opinion coupled together with false points, and present it as fact, THAT is where the problem lies.
golbowarmsing is stupiddd they say it gonna happen and it dont and im not typin good cuz i dont feel like typin rte now

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
You are so wrong.
Unfortunately, you're probably fed a daily dose of Fox "Newsy" infotainment. Your parents are more than likely the type of mindless sheep who voted for Bush and his USAPATRIOT Act, yet call for Obama's head on a platter because he wants to make healthcare affordable for all US citizens.
Instead of spouting a bunch of BS you learned from radio jockeys like Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh, try listening to NPR for a week. Maybe you'll learn something.
You all need to stop battling over ... seriously nothing to worry about. Whatever happens throughout the world we live in ... was bound to happen whenever we felt like fking up.

Trying to prove ungiven (new word) knowledge for an area you have no clue about ... is showing childish stupidity. People can believe it is a hoax, people can believe that their cute picture books and the stories teachers tell prove it isn't.

Personally in my opinion ... I do not believe much of this Global Warming nonsense. If it is happening ... okay if it isn't ... okay. I'd rather live free than cower inside my house on a forum with potential high school or lower students trying to show off their story books.

Quote this and make your own nonsense about how I blah did or blah didn't or whatever.

Later.

Green Smoker

16,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
User ImageTaps!Grabs!Yes, you are opinionated. Must be nice to be able to summon that kind of confidence with so little insight into the matter.

Your arguments are so grossly simplistic, it is not worth fooling with. Global warming is a concern, but even if you WEREN'T whistling past the graveyard, telling yourself that if you ignore and deny loud enough then it won't hurt you, it cannot be denied that clean air is a laudable goal.

Are you just into dirt and pollution? There are some freaks out there that seem to think their lungs are impervious to particulates and toxins. Good luck with that approach.

Meanwhile, those of us who GIVE A s**t, will try to support clean behavior, which includes recycling, frugality in energy consumption and just generally, NOT acting like a pig in a wallow in our environment. I know that is a lot to ask from some flat-earthers. We'll wind up picking up your trash too.

Green Smoker

16,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
sukikoo
You are so wrong.
Unfortunately, you're probably fed a daily dose of Fox "Newsy" infotainment. Your parents are more than likely the type of mindless sheep who voted for Bush and his USAPATRIOT Act, yet call for Obama's head on a platter because he wants to make healthcare affordable for all US citizens.
Instead of spouting a bunch of BS you learned from radio jockeys like Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh, try listening to NPR for a week. Maybe you'll learn something.
User ImageTaps!Grabs!

Very well put. 3nodding
Hmmm, that may be true if you cut about how much resources we humans use. We chop down forests, we are starving for oil, we are reaping up all sorts of minerals from Earth. In Africa deserts, 1/4 wells are being abandon because they are dried up, and the number is increasing every year.

Think of how many cars are driven everyday. Think of how much resources are consumed everyday? Grain isn't only harvest to make bread, but they are used for other systems too. The ice caps are melting, and a few arctic animals are endanger because of their homeland. About 1% of the ice melts every year. Times that by 40.. Its not a long way until it really shows the disaster.

When ice caps melt, the water rises, and that means floods will happen on coasts. The Jordan river isn't huge like it use to... its very low, and it seems like a plateau your standing on looking down at the water now.

So the ocean will rise, but water in land will be dried up in some areas. Greenland is known for its fresh water, and it has been always been frozen. It now has streams.

A few years ago, my state had the highest temperatures ever recorded in history of that state.

Volcanoes like you mention, can cause disasters when they erupt. They are not the main problem here though. Global warming won't happen because of them... its everything else.

Please do a little more research on this before declaring. This stuff is hard to see because the changes are coming slowly. Don't be so naive hun, and don't be scared either. Earth is always changing. We just have to prepare for it that's all. 3nodding

Invisible Friend

Rei_Toei
User ImageTaps!Grabs!Yes, you are opinionated. Must be nice to be able to summon that kind of confidence with so little insight into the matter.

Your arguments are so grossly simplistic, it is not worth fooling with. Global warming is a concern, but even if you WEREN'T whistling past the graveyard, telling yourself that if you ignore and deny loud enough then it won't hurt you, it cannot be denied that clean air is a laudable goal.

Are you just into dirt and pollution? There are some freaks out there that seem to think their lungs are impervious to particulates and toxins. Good luck with that approach.

Meanwhile, those of us who GIVE A s**t, will try to support clean behavior, which includes recycling, frugality in energy consumption and just generally, NOT acting like a pig in a wallow in our environment. I know that is a lot to ask from some flat-earthers. We'll wind up picking up your trash too.

All I have to say is well said.

I happen to dislike the theory of global warming, because I don't believe that it is human-caused. I would, however, like to keep the polar bears alive..

I do love my Earth clean, and while the kids run around the neighborhood dirtying the place up, I try very hard to institute that you put trash in the TRASH CAN!

Which is very hard when you live in a city where no one gives a damn about the environment. I also would like to state that my house has the most trees/ flowers/ plants in the entire neighborhood.

heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces