Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Elder

9,875 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
The title explains what I am about to tell you all. Soon enough, I'm hoping you'll all understand...

Now, how ironic is it that around the time of Earth Day, a volcano in Iceland erupts and sends plumes of smoke across the Atlantic and Erurope? Very, I would say. Now first, let's all go over what Global Warming and science have to say...[I have to say, first, that I'm not experienced in the field of science nor do I know a lot about volcanoes. I'm just sating what I've learned online and from my parents.]

Okay. So, Global Warming basically says that we, as humans, are polluting the Earth and here fore causing the overall tempurature of the world to rise exponentially and damage ecosystems across the globe. Just listen; this is what I'm going by. [If the definition of global warming is any different, just know that I'm talking about THIS definition, okay? Don't flame me for getting it wrong. I'm only fifteen.]

As an arguement to this, here is a fact: One volcanic eruption causes ten times more pollution than the whole human race has caused total since the discovery of fire.

With that in mind, haven't we seen a rapid LOWERING of the tempurature on the planet since Eyjafjallajokull [for those who don't know, that is the name of the volcano in Iceland] erupted? That is just what volcanoes do...they LOWER tempurature on the Earth. This is proof that we are not the ones causing the Earth to heat up in any way whatsoever.

Just to linger on how science actually disproves Global Warming; isn't it in our textbooks that the Earth has been constantly heating and cooling for millions of years over extended periods of time? That's all I have to say about that.

So the only conclusion we can arrive at is that Global Warming does not exist!

I think I've said enough. If anybody has an arguement against my use of logic, just know that I don't know everything and I'm just stating what should make sense to everyone else, and I'm entitled to my own opiniated views. Thank you.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
why don't you go tell NASA that they're basically wasting billions of dollars studying the greenhouse effect and the like

i'm sure you're right and they're wrong.

that was sarcasm by the way. wink
awww i lost the game >.< lolz and happy earth day and whatnot ^_^
Myriad Lapse

With that in mind, haven't we seen a rapid LOWERING of the tempurature on the planet since Eyjafjallajokull erupted? That is just what volcanoes do...they LOWER tempurature on the Earth. This is proof that we are not the ones causing the Earth to heat up in any way whatsoever.

the Earth has NOT been lowering its tempurature beforethe volcanic eruption. We have seen a rapid INCREASE in the tempurature of the Earth. And yes we humans have been a key factore in the planet warming up, what with our exast fumes, big factores, etc. If we could stop the pollution that the we humans are doing/causing, the Earth would have a decrease of tempurature. The ozone layer has been rapidly thining, and that is not a good thing. And the cause is US, if we weren't here. then the Earth might be surviving. And no it is not proof, and yes were the main part of the cause of Global Warming.

and by the way i'm 15 to, so...

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
Swifty14
Myriad Lapse

With that in mind, haven't we seen a rapid LOWERING of the tempurature on the planet since Eyjafjallajokull erupted? That is just what volcanoes do...they LOWER tempurature on the Earth. This is proof that we are not the ones causing the Earth to heat up in any way whatsoever.

the Earth has NOT been lowering its tempurature beforethe volcanic eruption. We have seen a rapid INCREASE in the tempurature of the Earth. And yes we humans have been a key factore in the planet warming up, what with our exast fumes, big factores, etc. If we could stop the pollution that the we humans are doing/causing, the Earth would have a decrease of tempurature. The ozone layer has been rapidly thining, and that is not a good thing. And the cause is US, if we weren't here. then the Earth might be surviving. And no it is not proof, and yes were the main part of the cause of Global Warming.

WELL NOT EVERYONE IS A GENIUIS SPELLED WITH A J Swifty14!!!

Timid Kitten

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Blob's To You 100
Global warming is natural the hole in the Ozone is not we are creating the hole so its our falt

Timid Kitten

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Blob's To You 100
Global warming is natural the hole in the Ozone is not we are creating the hole so its our falt
----------------silence! your king mustn't be inturrupted!

User Image

We, humans have no recordings of the temperature of the Earth.
      It begun 100 years ago. Your s**t that the Earth's temperature has been lowering since the eruption, is false, since you provided a claim, without a single backup of proof. The Earth is going, up, up and steeply up! The only reason it would lower, would be the ash blocking the sun.

And, no, a volcano does not do that much pollution. Where is your proof? gonk

I wont continue to prove the contradictions and falsities, if you have not a single shed of viable proof. neutral

avast! you have inturrupted our king! ----------------

Familiar Lover

7,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
don't forget the increse of 233 percent increase in natural disasters in the 2000's compared with the 1980's and the fact that climate related disasters have increased tenfold since the 1950's
iSam Pucket
Swifty14
Myriad Lapse

WELL NOT EVERYONE IS A GENIUIS SPELLED WITH A J Swifty14!!!

im not a genius its just common sense
I like what you are saying, about the temperatures and what not but I do have to tell you that every hundreds of thousands or so years the Earth will shift causing mild or major changes.

Basically right now all we are seeing is mother nature being extremely pissed off, we messed up ... alright. That is all we did, we took our chances and we are suffering the consequences.

The Earth is shifting however, the changes in temperature/climate and just things out of the ordinary that are happening (like constant rainfall in Texas) is just coming with the moving package. I don't believe we will be dead in the year 2012 like they say and while NASA is investigating all of this they are just twiddling their fingers and playing with random pieces of technology to make the world a little more ... user friendly.

I like the idea they are just having a ball terrifying pretty much everyone.

Helpful Monster

dmkoz
don't forget the increse of 233 percent increase in natural disasters in the 2000's compared with the 1980's and the fact that climate related disasters have increased tenfold since the 1950's

Assuming that in the 1980s and 1950s they kept accurate records of such
disasters. I hope you know technology has improved a lot within last 5 years
let alone the last 20 + plus.

So, we know can spot more disasters now then at that time period. So that
statistic is well inaccurate.
Myriad Lapse
As an arguement to this, here is a fact: One volcanic eruption causes ten times more pollution than the whole human race has caused total since the discovery of fire.

That's completely untrue. The actual output of CO2 from volcanoes is a mere 100th of the CO2 produced by human activity.

Quote:
With that in mind, haven't we seen a rapid LOWERING of the tempurature on the planet since Eyjafjallajokull [for those who don't know, that is the name of the volcano in Iceland] erupted? That is just what volcanoes do...they LOWER tempurature on the Earth. This is proof that we are not the ones causing the Earth to heat up in any way whatsoever.

Volcanoes temporarily lower temperatures due to the ash blocking sunlight.

Quote:
Just to linger on how science actually disproves Global Warming; isn't it in our textbooks that the Earth has been constantly heating and cooling for millions of years over extended periods of time? That's all I have to say about that.

Scientists do not dispute that the planet warms and cools naturally. However, what the data shows is that small changes can trigger feedback cycles that lead to huge consequences. Our extra CO2 will warm up the planet slightly, which in turn will cause ice sheets to melt, which means that there will be less ice to reflect the sunlight back into space, which means the Earth will absorb more heat, which will make it even warmer, so on and so forth. And that's just the beginning.

Quote:
So the only conclusion we can arrive at is that Global Warming does not exist!

First you say it's natural, and now you're saying it doesn't exist? Please make up your mind.

Finally, before responding, please read this site and this site.

Helpful Monster

Lightkit and Darkkit

You have a very valid point.

And we can do something about the Ozone hole. We just have
to figure out how to do it. The Ozone layer is made of O3.
A good portion of our pollution is O3. So, if we can learn to move
that portion to the hole area of layer then problem could be
solved.
Nana gotta tell you something ... not EVERY site you look at has ACCURATE information.

So telling people to go read sites when all of this is poorly proven is ... well not going to give much of a purpose. We are playing our cards at a guessing game ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff