Welcome to Gaia! ::

Global warming is a hoax as it is just the way nature evolves...

Agree (yay i have a brain) 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 35 ]
Disagree (yay I'm a hippie on an environmental LSD trip) 0.31168831168831 31.2% [ 24 ]
pollwhore coming through 0.23376623376623 23.4% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 3 >

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Given the options of your poll, it seems perfectly clear that you do NOT want people to think for themselves, but to agree with you, so I'm not going to waste time even just trying to argue with you.

Would have been nicer if you'd been at least honest in the title of your post.
it is funny... but nobody has "solved" the challenge yet. So what if the poll has tainted answers. It's not about the poll anyways.
About Al Gore's video... it's been a well known fact for quite some time now that he tempered with the statistics to support his opinions. If you still believe everything in his video, please read the topic again and start thinking for yourself instead of following the masses like blind sheep.
ahhh to meny worddddzzzzzzzz
Quibuz
it is funny... but nobody has "solved" the challenge yet.

Maybe because we know you've already made up your mind, and nothing you post will make you change it.

If you wanted your questions answered, you could have spent five minutes on Google. The information you're asking for is out there.

Quote:
About Al Gore's video... it's been a well known fact for quite some time now that he tempered with the statistics to support his opinions. If you still believe everything in his video, please read the topic again and start thinking for yourself instead of following the masses like blind sheep.

If you think that the only reason we believe anthropogenic climate change is real is because of Al Gore, you're dead wrong. I couldn't care less what Al Gore does. I'm more concerned with the fact that NASA, AAAS, and just about every other relevant scientific institution agrees that climate change is real, we're responsible, and that we need to do something about it.

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Nana Chaloma
Quibuz
it is funny... but nobody has "solved" the challenge yet.

Maybe because we know you've already made up your mind, and nothing you post will make you change it.

If you wanted your questions answered, you could have spent five minutes on Google. The information you're asking for is out there.

Quote:

If you think that the only reason we believe anthropogenic climate change is real is because of Al Gore, you're dead wrong. I couldn't care less what Al Gore does. I'm more concerned with the fact that NASA, AAAS, and just about every other relevant scientific institution agrees that climate change is real, we're responsible, and that we need to do something about it.

Speaking of google, please google 'Climategate'
QwIrKy
Speaking of google, please google 'Climategate'

I've been watching the Climategate fiasco since day one. It proved absolutely nothing, except that there's no depth denialists won't sink to, including taking e-mails out of context and misrepresenting them to the public.

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Quibuz
About Al Gore's video... it's been a well known fact for quite some time now.

Oh look...I took your comment out of context to make it look like it says something it doesn't. User Image
sounds like an interesting topic but i dont have enough time to read
----------------silence! your king mustn't be inturrupted!

User Image

Your poll appears to be biased.
      Biased poll is biased. neutral

avast! you have inturrupted our king! ----------------
Just because climate change is a normal part of the earth's cycle doesn't mean that our actions aren't having an effect on it. neutral If you're going to try to tell me that the fact the air in Mexico is barely breathable is a completely routine part of the earth's cycle and humans haven't had an effect on it at all, then I think it's clear exactly who doesn't have a brain.
There is something that David Suzuki said that should be taken into consideration I think:
"People say, 'well I'm afraid for the future of the planet'. I don't care for the future of the planet at all! The PLANET will do VERY WELL without us. It got along for billions of years without human beings. The planet will be here after we [humans] go. I don't fear for life on the planet...when you can find life at a hundred degrees Celsius and find life living in highly radioactive pools in sulfuric acid. Life is very very resilient. We as predators at the top of the food chain however are very vulnerable, because we depend on that pyramid of all the diversity of life below us. If there is a species at risk, it is humanity."

I can't help but agree with him myself. Who cares if the Earth is naturally heating up, or we humans are heating it up with our stubbornness, or even both? Certainly not the Earth! Its life as we know it that is in jeopardy. Sure we may not be altering the climate, sure we may be, but if ones things for sure, it is the fact that the temperature is rising and that pointing fingers at the Earth does nothing to help the future on Earth for homo sapians. wink

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Then why are the bees disappearing?
You need to watch more Doctor Who.
fromthatshow
Global Warming is a hoax, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to prevent things that harm the environment like pollution.

^^^
Agree
The Earth Climate changes steadily throughout history, there is no doubt about that. What is happening in recent times is that it's changing more rapidly and with a larger degree of change-- something that supports that it might have some other issues helping climate change along. By adding our pollution/gases/etc, I'm sure that we aren't helping the situation.

The holes in the Ozone Layer are also something to be taken into consideration. They weren't there before our adding CFC's into our products, and the second we banned them, the holes started to recover themselves.

I don't think that Global Warming is purely man-made, but rather a combination of Earth's natural processes and what we keep adding/doing to the environment. I don't think it's a hoax, and I don't hate people who think it is-- I just have a different opinion.

What I do believe, however, is that there is a problem, we are contributing to it, and the only way to fix it is to acknowledge that we aren't making it any better.
Atari-555
I don't think that Global Warming is purely man-made, but rather a combination of Earth's natural processes and what we keep adding/doing to the environment.

Yup. And contrary to the straw man denialists keep putting forth, no climate scientist believes the Earth doesn't go through changes on its own.

What they are aware of, however, is that tiny changes to the Earth's systems can snowball into huge consequences, and that man's added CO2 may very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff