Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
We'll run out of oil.
Eventually (maybe even before we run out of oil) we'll have hydro powered cars.
Maybe even wind or solar powered. - roof made of solar panels?
....don't ask -^ I have an idea but it probably doesn't work.
this would be really expensive....

Mewling Man-Lover

[NPC] Diedrich
Hello!

Hi! Did you know that humans consume over 85 million barrels of oil every day? Where are we getting these barrels, and will we ever get over our dependency on barrels?

Do you think we'll ever ween ourselves off oil, or will we always crave its sweet taste and lubricating properties? I would like a car that runs on old eggs or maybe one that harnesses the power of yelling.

What do you think will happen?

Sorry, but I have to go now. Bye bye!

And here I was hoping that Diedrich was going to be speaking out against BP, Exxon, and all the other Oil companies who funded the Teaparty candidates that now control the House rolleyes (or the Senate in Canada, for that matter stare ).

Did you know the Republicans had wolves declassified from the Endanger Species Act as part of their whole "Budget Cut" scheme? eek I cannot believe anyone is okay with that! mad And it will do nothing to reduce the deficit either! stressed

Mewling Man-Lover

Also, did you know most Republicans with Oil Money also support groups that deny evolution, reject the existence of dinosaurs, and believe the Biblical Creation story is historical fact? eek What makes this ironic is that all of these Oil Companies employ Paleontologists in order to ascertain areas best suited for setting up Oil Rigs, as the information these scientists can provide will help determine the depth of the Oil and how much their will be based on age stare

Furthermore, Oil is highly subsidized in the US, much like how Healthcare is in Canada and the UK. So, technically, the US engages in Socialized Oil rolleyes Isn't that funny? rofl
User Image
HAPPY
EASTER
User Image
HAPPY
EASTER

11,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[NPC] Diedrich
Hello!

Hi! Did you know that humans consume over 85 million barrels of oil every day? Where are we getting these barrels, and will we ever get over our dependency on barrels?

Do you think we'll ever ween ourselves off oil, or will we always crave its sweet taste and lubricating properties? I would like a car that runs on old eggs or maybe one that harnesses the power of yelling.

What do you think will happen?

Sorry, but I have to go now. Bye bye!

heart sweatdrop
Everybody can dream that the great They will just take care of all of us and figure out how to keep our way of life going on alternative energy. It's not that easy. There are nearly 7 billion people on Earth and that's because petroleum has made life so much easier. But every single alternative energy source COMBINED doesn't equal the empire that oil has created. A lot of people have to die in order for us to have sustainable alternative energy. There's just not enough to go around.
That's why it's so important to eat local food and support your local economy. Cause really, your friends, family and neighbors are gonna be the only people you got.
And people who are saying there's still gonna be cars around in the future, a car is made entirely of oil. The plastics, the paints, the shatterproof-ness of the windshield, the tires, the oil and petrochemicals used to maintain the car...everything is made using oil. It's probably a better idea to invest in a horse at this point.
Euphoric Ghost
I'm not sure what'll happen if oil runs out... maybe we'll be set back to industrial age... then steampunk people will be happy. lol.

We're still living in the Industrial Age.

9,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
in the california desert it is always windy and mostly too sunny they could easily use wind and solar power and it's an hour away from the ocean for hydroelectric...why don't they use what they got?

Quotable Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
The question is, why?
Why are we so power-hungry for oil and other power sources?
Do you see what mankind has done to our planet?
The colors have faded, water is polluted, and horror rages on in the world.
Let us fight for our planet!
We have one life on earth.
Let's make it count!
biggrin

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
sweatdrop Well even though we contribute to this problem quite a bit, And I Wish I could fix It all, Natural Disasters Cause quite a Bit of the Problem.

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Befriended 100

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Befriended 100
Dairy Cow _lover
xp
heart

Quick Reply