Welcome to Gaia! ::

Commander in Chief

Hello!

Hi! Did you know that humans consume over 85 million barrels of oil every day? Where are we getting these barrels, and will we ever get over our dependency on barrels?

Do you think we'll ever ween ourselves off oil, or will we always crave its sweet taste and lubricating properties? I would like a car that runs on old eggs or maybe one that harnesses the power of yelling.

What do you think will happen?

Sorry, but I have to go now. Bye bye!

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Part of the problem is that the electric car was killed in 2001 :-[ I think all people should watch Who Killed The Electric Car?, maybe the people can try to get the EVs back to the production line and into people's hands.
Nope I think were screwed atleast for the next 10 years. We are too dependent on gas I hope people get fed up enough to figure out alternate sources for energy.
Pyramid Head`s Toy
Part of the problem is that the electric car was killed in 2001 :-[ I think all people should watch Who Killed The Electric Car?, maybe the people can try to get the EVs back to the production line and into people's hands.

God I hate this economy.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Markski
Pyramid Head`s Toy

God I hate this economy.

It had nothing to do with the economy... It was all about oil being profitable and EVs costing less to be fixed which meant that the companies wouldn't get the millions from consumers for repairing the cars.
Pyramid Head`s Toy
Markski
Pyramid Head`s Toy

God I hate this economy.

It had nothing to do with the economy... It was all about oil being profitable and EVs costing less to be fixed which meant that the companies wouldn't get the millions from consumers for repairing the cars.

I know I just complain about everything because prices are so high over here and I work my but off and barely have enough to survive on.
yep this world sucks

Welcoming Gaian

XD I would love to just drive around, not a care in the world, yelling at the top of my lungs all day. whee Unfortunately, I am not yet old enough to own a car. emo

Someday...
heart heart Part of the problem is that the electric car was killed in 2001 :-[ I think all people should watch Who Killed The Electric Car?, maybe the people can try to get the EVs back to the production line and into people's hands. heart heart
I thought it was spelled "wean"... question

Interesting Genius

9,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
I'm building a perpetual motion machine, I just need something to hold it together. Soon the world will be powered by a UNnatural energy source!!! biggrin BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
i cant wait until solar panels get affordable! 4laugh
Just like New Mexico cool

Interesting Genius

9,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Junk Hobo
i cant wait until solar panels get affordable! 4laugh
Just like New Mexico cool

I said I was building a perpetual motion machine!!! confused

5,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
User Image

User Image
We could use tin cans, but then the number would be very high and look scary gonk

An electric car won't help the environment if you have to charge it from your home that is powered by a natural gas/coal/petro. power plant neutral That and how to properly recycle the batteries in those electrics matter as well.

I would hope using hydrogen would work. It's abundant, doesn't pollute but sadly isn't that efficient yet (last time I checked anyway).

User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff