Welcome to Gaia! ::

dats really cool info
Vegetarian diet
dixe10
I use the swirly bulbs at my house, though I barely need to use them. The sun gives me most the light I need. ^^

Lonely Seeker

My dad really annoys me when he always offers to drive me home in his SUV when I'm about to leave after visiting. It's a fairly short distance, and it just makes far more sense to walk for multiple reasons. stressed

So anyways, walking and taking public transportation are probably my most constant contributions. I also try to use lights and the tap as little as possible. Oh and I recycle! whee I really need to switch to the new bulbs as soon as I have some more money, though. ^^;

Shirtless Pants

Currently I have the blinds open so I can use the sun as light as opposed to lightbulbs. I've also been following a pesco-vegetarian diet for a little over four years now, so I've been reducing my footprint in that aspect for a while c:

Friendly Phantom

I recycle.
I try to buy stuff from thrift stores, because not only are they cheap, and it's also recycling in another sense.
I try not to drive too much either.

Shy Conversationalist

12,600 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I don't know if this is reducing my carbon footprint, but I turn off our lights everytime no one's using them. We recycle paper and pop cans...
I reduce my footprint by using energy saving lightbulbs, but only at night. The sun is out and I use it whenever I need to see during the day. Go Planet EARTH!

Toothsome Bilge rat

15,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
HUAAA DIEDRICH. <33
I just turned off all the basement lights. o-o

Amateur Pumpkin

14,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
Reduce, re-use, recycle.

Diamond Glitch

16,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Olympian 200
The usual. Re-usable shopping bags, hanging my laundry out to dry on sunny days instead of putting it in the dryer, recycling, things like that *shrugs*

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Those special light bulbs. Carpooling. Walking instead of driving short distances. Reading instead of playing video games or watching TV. Also, the obvious: turn stuff off before you leave a room or go to sleep.

Rainbow Exhibitionist

Public transportation, and perpetually lobbying for more of it.

Rainbow Cutie-Pie

User ImageUser ImageRemember, life is waiting--

I'm not hugely good about reducing my carbon footprint, but I definitely prefer natural light to artificial, and I try my best not to use paper towels to dry my hands--I let my hands drip-dry to save paper. My mom thinks I'm nuts, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me and it probably helps. I will use paper towels for big kitchen messes, though... *sigh* I wish I was doing more! If my area wasn't overcast for at least 180/365 days of the year, I would try to talk my parents into solar panels...

so embrace it!User Image

Barton Elder

10,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
Did you know that plants eat Carbon Dioxide?
Did you know that the green house effect actually cools the Earth?
Did you know that climate change is a natural thing the Earth does, to regulate itself? Nothing to do with humans.

Okay, bye now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games