Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stubborn Gifter

With Super Smash Bros coming in 2014, people are taking random guesses about which characters will become playable in the game. While there's a thread that handle the situation, I think we should have a guessing game too. Only this time, it will be focusing on Assist Trophies.

Assist Trophies have come to assist us whenever we grab our hands on them, whether to assist us or annoy us. So let's play some guessing game on the Assist Trophies. If there's an Assist Trophy you wish to see, write down the name of the character, what game the character is from, and what sort of assistance the character can do.

Not only should we guess about which characters will become Assist Trophies, we can discuss about them too. Is the character be good or bad as Assist Trophy? Why do you think that character perform that assistance? Do you think it will bring previous Assist Trophies back or create new ones?

Stubborn Gifter

List of Would-be Assist Trophies

Luigi (Luigi's Mansion) - Uses his vacuum to suck nearby players and creates damages to the players being trapped inside the vacuum for few seconds.
Lissa (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Heals the holder for few seconds, regardless of being attacked or not.
Navi (Legend of Zelda) - Flies around the screen, annoying the players with constant "Hey! Hey! Watch out! Watch out! Listen!"
Jigglypuff (Pokemon) - Puts nearby characters to sleep when singing, giving other players to attack them.
Pheonix Wright and Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney) - Objection signs flashes across the screen, follows by speech bubbles between them arguing which players will win.
Bass (Megaman) - Shoots around, ending by combining with Treble and blowing away any nearby opponents
Beat (Megaman 5) - Harasses opponents, doing minor damage with stun.
Protoman (Megaman) - Uses his shield to charge forward, pushing players towards a wall or the edge of a stage.
Lethe (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn) - Transforms into her laguz (beast) form and rushes around the field, wreaking havoc.
Tingle (Legend of Zelda) - Randomly summons a variety of strange effects to the players.
Resetti (Animal Crossing) - Gives speeches about different topics. If attacked, he will keep talking. If attacked too much, he causes an explosion.
Waluigi (Mario Series) - Repeatedly stomps players into the ground. This onslaught is followed by either a strong kick or a strike from his tennis racket.
Professor E. Gadd (Luigi's Mansion) - Shows up with one of his weird inventions and it does something different each time.
Fi (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword) - Blocks most of the screen while telling each player what's going on in the battle.

Stubborn Gifter

Hm. That is a GREAT question actually.

Since Megaman has come to town, this opens up a bunch of new possibilities.

Bass(any Megaman game after 7): Bass comes out and shoots around, ending by combining with Treble and blowing away any nearby opponents
Beat(Megaman 5 onward): Beat comes out and harasses opponents, doing minor damage with stun.
Protoman(Megaman 3?onward): Protoman comes out and uses his shield to charge forward, pushing people towards a wall or the edge of a stage. Kinda like the Piplup pokeball from Brawl.
Lethe(Fire Emblem: Path of Radience/Radiant Dawn): Lethe comes out and transforms, rushing around the field and wreaking havoc.

kamari500022 generated a random number between 0 and 1 ... 1!

Desirable Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
? question

Hilarious Fatcat

Navi: Yells out "Watch Out!" towards incoming Falcon Punches. Yells "Listen!" and gives you in-game tips which forces everyone to pause and read what she has to say.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Fi pops up and blocks most of the screen while telling each player how likely they are to win or lose the match.

EDIT: Fi also spews nonsense about what's happening on the battlefield behind her. "Link was just hit by Samus."

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Dude, if Luigi and Jigglypuff show up at all it'd be as returning fighters, not assist trophies. and even is (s)he wasn't going to be playable this time, Jigglypuff would come out of a pokeball, not an assist trophy. Because, you know, (s)he's a Pokemon.

I think Tingle, Resetti, and Waluigi might make a comeback as assist trophies. And they'd be doing the exact same thing as they did in Brawl.

E. Gadd shows up with one of his weird inventions and it does something different each time.

Stubborn Gifter

cocacolapolarbear
Fi pops up and blocks most of the screen while telling each player how likely they are to win or lose the match.

EDIT: Fi also spews nonsense about what's happening on the battlefield behind her. "Link was just hit by Samus."

Forgive me, but what game is Fi from? I'm not very familiar with all the Nintendo games... sweatdrop

Honey of the South

My dear, this is a guessing game. Not a rumor or leaked information about which characters is going to be fighters or assist trophy. Therefore, we can guess as many as we can, just for fun. And although you're right that Pokemon do come out of their Pokeball, I still consider them as "Assist Trophies" since they do assist the players in the game for short period of time.

Interesting Informer

Professor Layton and Luke

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Jisen Meizuki
cocacolapolarbear

Forgive me, but what game is Fi from? I'm not very familiar with all the Nintendo games... sweatdrop

Honey of the South

My dear, this is a guessing game. Not a rumor or leaked information about which characters is going to be fighters or assist trophy. Therefore, we can guess as many as we can, just for fun. And although you're right that Pokemon do come out of their Pokeball, I still consider them as "Assist Trophies" since they do assist the players in the game for short period of time.

Fi is from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

1,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Waluigi from the Mario series again.

Smitten Lover

I have a feeling Lucina and Chrom would replace Marth and Ike, respectively. At the very least I think Lucina would replace Marth even if Ike were still in the game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff