Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think that they are taking gaint steps backwards. Im a Gamer this xbox is just for Gamers though
I honestly cannot make a rational judgement. Nothing is concrete to me, because I can't base anything off of what I know right now. All these new features and rules are really troublesome, and until I either have one or see one in action, I really don't think I can have a formal opinion on whether Microsoft ******** up or not.

Everyone is getting heated about things they don't know or understand. Seems pointless. I think the only reason why the PS4 is so popular currently, is because its much safer and relate-able; there is no surprise. And its cheaper too. These things really are not that convincing to me.

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
I feel the same way. Some of the features could be tremendous successes if implenented well, but they have made them so unfriendly to the consumer and user. I like the snap feature, but to need a separate device and subscription to use it to full when I already have a cable provider and DVR... It's just silly. And that's only one example of their bad functionality and consumer friendliness decisions.
I'll be damned if voice recognition, kinect, and interactive movie style games that priorize visuals/cinematics over gameplay are the future of gaming.

Cloud gaming and digital distribution is the future of gaming (or rather, the future of console gaming. PC gaming is a decade ahead in that regard), but they're going about it in a wrong way that just comes across as anti-consumerist.

Hilarious Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
I feel the same way but they could of done better, just better luck next time.

Distinct Hunter

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I love my Xbox 360, and would love to get the next gen console, but it has so many flaws that can't be overlooked. The price tag isn't even the worst problem, so I figure I'll wait until after the release to see if Microsoft change things. After viewing a PS4/XboxOne comparison thing it looked as if the PS4 is more game orientated while Xbox is more entertainment, which is really weird in my opinion. I'd never consider changing consoles, but I might just stick to Xbox 360.

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
I'm disappointed, the 'features' are more like restrictions and forcing people to use the kinect feels like an invasion of privacy, especially for those who do not want to use the kinect.

Being unable to trade games will also be a problem, I always trade games with my friends to see if I want to buy whatever game it is, I don't have much money so I have to choose my purchases carefully.

So im just going to stick with the 360.

Dangerous Lover

9,175 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I think Microsoft really missed the mark this time. From what I've heard the Xbox One sounds majorly anti-consumer. I suppose I'll have to stick to my 360 until they get a clue.

Newbie Noob

11,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Magical Girl 50
      (-`ω´- )
      microsoft really really ******** up this time.
      i've been an xbox fan for as long as i remember, and i love microsoft to pieces...
      but really ?

Dapper Fatcat

3,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
hmmm well Xbox One seems to be, of course, improved, but it's just that some of the improvments are.... not good xD I also know that Xbox One still is in the making and a few adjustmentss are bound to be made biggrin so I'm optimistic about the Xbox One I guess

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I kind of feel like they kicked all their fans in the teeth. If not because of their anti-consumerist turn, if not for their sketchyness with PRISM and always on kinect, it's for them lying at E3. Not a verbal lie, but a physical one. Apparently the people who played games "on the xBox One" were actually just playing the games on high end PCs. Check it out.

I know it's tumblr, but pictures are pictures and I'm pretty sure those machines in the cabinets aren't the xBox One. There are other similar stories where people have taken photos, but were detained by Microsoft until they deleted the photos. More and more information is surfacing about Microsoft being just a shitty company. I'm not sure what else will come up, but it's like the train wreck that never ends.

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I'm not really sure how to feel about it.

Sex Symbol

So, apparently when you buy the Xbox you have to install stuff onto it along with any games/features you get. On a 500gb device. It's pretty much downgraded itself to a PC. Not saying that PCs are bad, but there's no use in buying something for $500 that's like a PC and restricts your gaming.

I have so many complaints about it. But the fact that you have to keep your Xbox connected to the internet at all times irritates me. I have a friend in the Air Force and he can't play the Xbox One because where he's stationed has really shitty internet connection. I used to play Xbox Live with him but his internet would cut off every now and then. It limits so many other people who serve my (America) country and that's so heartbreaking.

You still have to pay for Xbox Live AND if you want Netflix you have to be a certain member. The policy is so confusing and complicated and it limits them so much that I don't think anyone will buy it. I mean, I bought the game, therefore I should be able to lend it out to my friends or sell it because I bought the game with my hard earned money.

There's other features that irritates me about it but those are the main ones.

Sex Symbol

Adnama Lavode
I kind of feel like they kicked all their fans in the teeth. If not because of their anti-consumerist turn, if not for their sketchyness with PRISM and always on kinect, it's for them lying at E3. Not a verbal lie, but a physical one. Apparently the people who played games "on the xBox One" were actually just playing the games on high end PCs. Check it out.

I know it's tumblr, but pictures are pictures and I'm pretty sure those machines in the cabinets aren't the xBox One. There are other similar stories where people have taken photos, but were detained by Microsoft until they deleted the photos. More and more information is surfacing about Microsoft being just a shitty company. I'm not sure what else will come up, but it's like the train wreck that never ends.

I read an article and apparently there's a high chance that it's true. During video game demos - that customers/others were playing - there were noises of Windows computers starting up and turning on and maybe some error noises. That's terrible.

Microsoft sure knows how to put on a good soap opera.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff