Welcome to Gaia! ::

After Xbox One, can Microsoft do anything to redeem themselves at E3?

Yes 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 9 ]
Maybe 0.16161616161616 16.2% [ 16 ]
Nope. 0.74747474747475 74.7% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The presentation almost made you forget about all of the negatives. That Sunset game and the Curse of Brotherhood game looked cool, but I wouldn't buy an Xbox One for them...

Kawaii Shoujo

Que Sera Sera, what will be will be... truthfully though I don't really give a damn.

In a relationship with PoshuI

Carnival of Rust
It’s 2019. I have just purchased the Game of the Year Doubleplus-good Doritos® edition of Halo 2. It’s a re-rerelease. Once I get home, I put the disc in the console and a pop up prompts me to buy the end user license, so I do. Now I “own” the game as long as I comply with these terms. On the next screen I purchase a multiplayer pass so I can play online with my friends. I’m also prompted to purchase server rights so that I have priority over other players before getting dropped, or for connecting to matches.

Once I’ve finished designating my preferred server, a Taco Bell ad plays. Using the Kinect, I hurriedly fold three virtual burritos in order to continue on to the next ad. It’s a Ford advertisement, but I’m too impatient for the second of three start-up ads, so I spend 300 Microsoft points to skip the remaining ads.

Finally I join the server with my friends, but I notice I have what everyone calls the “noob gun,” and I remember that I forgot to purchase the gun pack. I run out of ammo and realize that pressing X hasn’t done anything. After I die a few times, tutorial text pops up on the screen prompting me to continue; “Say ‘Doritos’ to reload’. I shout Doritos at the screen so my weapon can reload. This guy I just killed dropped an energy sword, but I cannot use it because I haven’t purchased the DLC for it.

Now my preferred server begins to lag. I can’t do anything because I’ve lost connection. Text flashes across my screen: PIRACY ATTEMPT! PIRACY ATTEMPT! and so my Xbox One starts so spew sparks as it alerts the DHS, reporting me for low-grade economic terrorism. The disc has probably finished melting down. I receive an email to my GoogleEye® informing me that Microsoft has banned me from Xbox Live - my entire digital library of music, television shows and downloaded games has been forfeit. They are also charging a $10,000 piracy penalty to my account

When I read this, I laugh but somewhere inside cries from how possible this is.
Nope, I don't think they will. They really went too far on this console making it nothing but a piece of crap. The only way they can redeem themselves is by making the new games exclusive to Xbox One with the Xbox 360....considering they now announced a newly remodeled 360 (which really the f*ck is the point of doing that since the games won't be for the damn system anyway??)
Poshul
Carnival of Rust
It’s 2019. I have just purchased the Game of the Year Doubleplus-good Doritos® edition of Halo 2. It’s a re-rerelease. Once I get home, I put the disc in the console and a pop up prompts me to buy the end user license, so I do. Now I “own” the game as long as I comply with these terms. On the next screen I purchase a multiplayer pass so I can play online with my friends. I’m also prompted to purchase server rights so that I have priority over other players before getting dropped, or for connecting to matches.

Once I’ve finished designating my preferred server, a Taco Bell ad plays. Using the Kinect, I hurriedly fold three virtual burritos in order to continue on to the next ad. It’s a Ford advertisement, but I’m too impatient for the second of three start-up ads, so I spend 300 Microsoft points to skip the remaining ads.

Finally I join the server with my friends, but I notice I have what everyone calls the “noob gun,” and I remember that I forgot to purchase the gun pack. I run out of ammo and realize that pressing X hasn’t done anything. After I die a few times, tutorial text pops up on the screen prompting me to continue; “Say ‘Doritos’ to reload’. I shout Doritos at the screen so my weapon can reload. This guy I just killed dropped an energy sword, but I cannot use it because I haven’t purchased the DLC for it.

Now my preferred server begins to lag. I can’t do anything because I’ve lost connection. Text flashes across my screen: PIRACY ATTEMPT! PIRACY ATTEMPT! and so my Xbox One starts so spew sparks as it alerts the DHS, reporting me for low-grade economic terrorism. The disc has probably finished melting down. I receive an email to my GoogleEye® informing me that Microsoft has banned me from Xbox Live - my entire digital library of music, television shows and downloaded games has been forfeit. They are also charging a $10,000 piracy penalty to my account

rofl rofl rofl OMG! I nearly fainted from laughing.
Considering its their show case... I said nope. Sure, they COULD technically do something, but they would of most likely did it a lot earlier at their press conference. They dug themselves a hole and buried themselves alive. If consumers are any bit the least aware, XBone is likely to be a 'flop' for microsoft, perhaps not to the point it ends their consoles completely though will be a big hamper on it.

Their hope now is Sony starts coming clean on the negatives they are introducing (which we know they are) and its able to draw enough attention to shy away gamers from them and hopefully not just get them to all go to PC.

Questionable Waffles

Carnival of Rust

Poshul

Lol we may get lucky and still be able to watch tv on it XD
Mikado Yumi

Confirmed :: I have no life XD
Carnival of Rust
Carnival of Rust

Poshul

Lol we may get lucky and still be able to watch tv on it XD
Mikado Yumi

Confirmed :: I have no life XD

XD We all have lives!
Basically I nearly fell off my bed laughing over the "Say DORITOS to reload". If only that were real I'd play the hell out of that game.
Microsoft is now that friend we used to have that had it all in highschool, but after that, he got too full of it in his head, and got high on some coke, and jumped off the top of a building thinking that he could fly. RIP microsoft gaming

6,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
Carnival of Rust

Why does that sound so realistic...

the future is frightening. ಥ_ಥ

Shirtless Noob

Sugar Coated Strawberry
They could redeem themselves by saying 'lol only joking. Here's what we're REALLY doing...' and the console being the exact opposite of what they said it was going to be as part of some weird social experiment.

This.

I think if they just take back everything they said and basically did the exact opposite, maybe they could redeem themselves.

Dangerous Humorist

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Edward 100
Xbox will still win the battle in the long run, xbox has a loyal customer base, they will probably loose the cheap people that are concerned with the used game DRM crap. Me personally, I don't buy used games nor do I share my games with anyone so that doesn't really bother me. Plus with the PS3 one of the biggest features was that people didn't have to pay for their online gaming. Now with the Ps4 it's no longer free to play online. So you win on the used game front and lose by having to buy a Playstation plus account. The titles that are going to be launched for the xbox one appeal more to me, so idk.

Rainbow Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Microsoft basically was becoming the casual gamers device by concerning themselves more with multimedia entertainment and tv apps, and apps that weren't even needed like Pizza Hut (really, the point is that you don't leave your Xbox but you're going to have to exit the game and open the app to order a pizza instead of simply picking up the phone?).

This would have been fine if it came at a low price. But it's going to be $100 more expensive than the PS4, which is more concerned with innovating gaming and restricting customers less.

Microsoft should stick to computer software. Only a complete fanboy, or a really casual gamer who just wants a load of tv, would opt for the Xbone over the PS4. I guess if you are REALLY into the games they've made exclusive, yeah I could see your point (I still would wait til it's down in price cause for the content your getting, my opinion, isn't worth it at that price) but there isn't a single Xbox exclusive I want or care about.
Polish a turd, its still a -- you guessed it, a turd. I watched the XB1 reveal, and from my personal viewing, i saw this coming from miles away(metaphorically, that is).. I do admit, Forza 5 looks stunning, but im not investing $500+ for One Game....maybe The Crew as well, but thats(edit smile "Also" for the PS4....Or maybe i should just stick with my 360 for the time being, and laugh at all the people who bought the XboxOne.

Lonely Gekko

6,700 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
Sugar Coated Strawberry
They could redeem themselves by saying 'lol only joking. Here's what we're REALLY doing...' and the console being the exact opposite of what they said it was going to be as part of some weird social experiment.

Yeah, that could work...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces