Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's not much of a secret that PC gaming is still much more convenient and apparently financially a better investment than the PS4 or XBoxOne, Though, why do you refuse?

Because I always see PC users bemused at the idea of people fighting over these consoles.

So, why no PC for you? (I'm not someone who knows much about PCs to say much more than what I said above and if I said anything that could be wrong, feel free to point it out ^_^)

Dangerous Loiterer

My Internet connection makes it impossible to play games on Steam for the most part. I can get an hour or two, but that's it before I get kicked off. When I do get into games like TF2, my ping is a constant 900 even on local servers.
I wish I could just get a PC, oh hold on my wallet is stacked with enough cash to get a decent PC lemme just go get one. All joking aside I really am just unable to. they are quite expensive and consoles like the Ps4 are a nice branch between the hardcore and the casual gamer. For me it's "I would if I could".

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Some people might not have the money or the space for a good gaming rig, which I think can only be done properly with a desktop computer. Or their internet connection might suck. Or they may prefer controllers and sitting on a couch in front of a TV instead of sitting in a computer chair in front of a monitor with a keyboard. Sure there are USB controllers you can use on a PC, but there's a lot of nostalgia getting together with friends on a couch and playing things together on a big screen. You can't really do that on a PC in person. Your friends would need to be at their own houses.

Those are some ideas as to why people like consoles. Though I never really saw a point in console loyalty. It's more about the games that come out and less about what it's played on as long as the consoles do their jobs well. Then again, when a company like Microsoft does something like xBox One, there's a legit reason (or a dozen) to shun it.
I think two of the main reasons are:

• A lot of console gamers are intimidated by all the different specs and system requirements, preferring something fixed.
  • They believe the myths that PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming and requires frequent upgrades.

Caerthakatha
My Internet connection makes it impossible to play games on Steam for the most part. I can get an hour or two, but that's it before I get kicked off. When I do get into games like TF2, my ping is a constant 900 even on local servers.

You don't need internet to run Steam games once they're installed. Only the online ones.

Dangerous Loiterer

LB-UK
You don't need internet to run Steam games once they're installed. Only the online ones.
But that rules out a lot of games I want to play that are multiplayer-based. I don't feel it's worth investing that much into a PC and ending up playing half a game. I've tried playing L4D single-player and felt really disappointed.
Caerthakatha
LB-UK
But that rules out a lot of games I want to play that are multiplayer-based. I don't feel it's worth investing that much into a PC and ending up playing half a game. I've tried playing L4D single-player and felt really disappointed.

If you prefer multiplayer games, that's fair enough, but then how is your console any different? Surely if your internet connection is that bad, the match-making systems typically used on consoles would make online gaming even more unplayable than on the PC.

Conservative Explorer

I have a PC and I play a lot of games on it. I get consoles as well because there are a lot of games that aren't available for the PC, or that I just find more convenient to play on a console.

Profitable Consumer

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Rebuilder 100
Console exclusives
I have decent specs on my PC but my library for it is just considerably smaller. Not that they don't have a big selection without said exclusives, but it misses a lot of key titles especially depending on your preferred genre.

and emulators are bad cause you should be supporting devs of games you like

Dangerous Loiterer

LB-UK
Caerthakatha
LB-UK

If you prefer multiplayer games, that's fair enough, but then how is your console any different? Surely if your internet connection is that bad, the match-making systems typically used on consoles would make online gaming even more unplayable than on the PC.
For some reason, my PS3 holds up somewhat better. I think the Internet connection is exacerbated by Steam in some way, because game downloads take three weeks of 18 hours a day on Steam but 4 hours on PS3. I only disconnect once a day on PS3, whereas I disconnect a dozen times on PC.
Caerthakatha
LB-UK
Caerthakatha
LB-UK

For some reason, my PS3 holds up somewhat better. I think the Internet connection is exacerbated by Steam in some way, because game downloads take three weeks of 18 hours a day on Steam but 4 hours on PS3. I only disconnect once a day on PS3, whereas I disconnect a dozen times on PC.

That sounds odd. Have you tried following these steps?

Dangerous Loiterer

LB-UK
Caerthakatha
LB-UK
Caerthakatha
LB-UK

That sounds odd. Have you tried following these steps?
Yes, many times. After trying various bits of advice, my average connection speed went from 20kb/s to 7kb/s.
PC isn't a console.
pc won't get console exclusives for a long long time.

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

too expensive

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out