Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
User Image
wake me up when there is something better on it. ZombieU is the only thing worth jerking off over. Batman, Mass Effect and ASSassin's Creed have been long out on other systems and are old.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
`Devon
I just hope Nintendo doesn't get left behind when the new 360 and PS4 come out. Not that I want it to happen.

"Puts on anti-fanboy shied and hides*

I just find it amusing how people think that nonexistent next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony will be more powerful than the Wii U when we don't even know the Wii U's overall power yet.

Some people are just sadly oh so ignorant and stupid.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Enforcer666
User Image
wake me up when there is something better on it. ZombieU is the only thing worth jerking off over. Batman, Mass Effect and ASSassin's Creed have been long out on other systems and are old.

Lol it's Assassins Creed 3 that's coming to the Wii U not the old ones it's not even out on current gen systems.
Get your facts straight before dissing it. razz
Also it's pitiful that you jerk off to video games.

Greedy Capitalist

2,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm a hardcore gamer who has never much cared for graphics

To me it's always been about gameplay and story, which Nintendo has almost always delivered.

I will say that the titles that are being hinted at and/or promised are freaking AWESOME

and HD is always nice icing on top of a beautiful cake.

SSB4 FTW MAN. FTW.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
iLunar Star
`Devon
I just hope Nintendo doesn't get left behind when the new 360 and PS4 come out. Not that I want it to happen.

"Puts on anti-fanboy shied and hides*

I just find it amusing how people think that nonexistent next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony will be more powerful than the Wii U when we don't even know the Wii U's overall power yet.

Some people are just sadly oh so ignorant and stupid.
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Unless the next-gen PS and XBox end up being equal to or weaker than their current gen forms, it likely will be much more powerful than the Wii U. Just like PS3 and XBox360 were more powerful than Wii.

Nintendo has never really been about power, and that's fine for their 1st party games.

Friendly Genius

11,175 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i heard wii u is suppose to be better than the ps3 and abox :O

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Cupcakesu
User Image

Unless the next-gen PS and XBox ends up being equal to or weaker than their current gen forms, it likely will be much more powerful than the Wii U. Just like PS3 and XBox360 were more powerful than Wii.

Lol let me put my "Wtf? Hat" on. Ok let me put it this way. Even if it had a 4yr old Gpu it'd be more powerful all around than the 360 and ps3. Ok? Now on to the more interesting parts. The Wii U will have a gpu from the 6000 series. How do I know that? This is taken from their tech specs page on Nintendo.com

GPU

AMD Radeonâ„¢-based High Definition GPU.

The gpu's branded as Amd Radeon are from the 6000 series and up. So I mean it can use a 7000 series gpu but I doubt it as those are the newest and are probably a bit too expensive.

As for the CPU it'll be using it says on their site that it's a

CPU

IBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core processor.

Ok now for this it's debatable as it could be a Power 6 or Power 7 based CPU. IBM the people making the CPU for the console have said it's based off the CPU found in Watson which means it's based off of Power 7 architechture.

Meaning that it's gonna be one heck of a beastly system capable of keeping up with the nextbox and Ps4. Plus run UE4 in some shape or form.

Now onto another interesting bit of info. The ps4 won't be as powerful as the leap from ps2 to ps3. Why? They have no money to invest so heavily into whatever next gen system they make. The Vita is selling terribly lagging behind by loads of millions and millions of sales that the 3DS has. It's case isn't being helped at all as at E3 they hardly announced any new games for it.

Now on to Microsoft. They may make a powerful system since they do have the money but I'm 80% sure it'll mostly be geared towards casuals. This years E3 pretty much proves that they don't care about these so called "core" gamers anymore.

Now onto another piece of info which will probably infuriate you since you seem to be a fan of the other 2 companies. Epic has come out and said they are severely dissapointed with the specs they've seen so far of the ps4 and 720 or whatever it's gonna be called. Yet when people assumed because of Geoff the guy from Spike, that Wii U wouldn't run UE4 they immediately that same day said that people shouldn't go and assume it won't because they just haven't announced what systems are gonna run it.

So for Epic to be heavlily dissapointed like that but defend the Wii U says something.

That said. You clearly don't know anything about how game companies or making game consoles work. For any system to beat out the Wii U in power and make it look like the Wii of next gen, if those are the final specs, that system will cost even more than the ps3 did at launch. Plus the games for that system would be like $100 each.

If this is your expectation for any next gen home consoles I severely advise you to just move on to pc gaming because that is and will always be the definitive system to game on if you want eye popping graphics.

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
0Saya-Yuki0
i heard wii u is suppose to be better than the ps3 and abox :O

Lol it's using hardware from 2011.
This was pretty much confirmed months ago. neutral

Friendly Genius

11,175 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
well thats what i heard>w<

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
0Saya-Yuki0
well thats what i heard>w<

Lol and it's not slightly better either.
It seems to be really really powerful.
Capable to keep up with the nextbox and ps4.
If there will be a ps4 that is, given Sony's current condition.
neutral

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

Wow. Way to get aggressive. Clearly someone is a Nintendo die-hard.
Sorry, I don't get "infuriated" over internet arguments regarding gaming consoles.

And I never said I was looking for eye-popping graphics did I?

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Cupcakesu
User Image

Wow. Way to get aggressive. Clearly someone is a Nintendo die-hard.
Sorry, I don't get "infuriated" over internet arguments regarding gaming consoles.

And I never said I was looking for eye-popping graphics did I?

Lol you clearly didn't read any of that. XD
I'm not a Nintendo die hard.
I play on everything. XD
Funny how I stated facts and you didn't even try to refute them at all.
Also your arguement is invalid since you don't use any facts.

Well the way you worded your stuff on your previous reply to me indicated that you did maam.

Friendly Genius

11,175 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i hate psp3 its kinda dumb now they they keep repeating everything its lazy ness come out with something new!!

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
0Saya-Yuki0
i hate psp3 its kinda dumb now they they keep repeating everything its lazy ness come out with something new!!

Lol.
Well did you see the wonder book?
I think that was their way of squeezing more life out of the ps3.
If wonder book hits off I see about 2 more years of the ps3 left.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

I can't refute hardware specs for Wii U.

My argument wasn't even an argument. I can't form an argument around air. There are reasons why I worded my post the way I did using "likely". No one can say anything with definite fact when the other two systems have yet to show themselves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff