Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Saints Row 3
Bioshock Infinite (That is a 3 in a way, right?)
Resistance 3

Year of the 4s, 2013!.... (2012, they will be announced at E3)
Anna Hilfe
I don't know. It seems a little disheartening that there seems to be such a lack of new IPs at this year's E3. I'm still going to enjoy these games, but I can't say I'm not a little bothered that we're seeing the essentially the same games again.

The point of a series isn't to maintain the same essence for too long. It's to mix and evolve essences, balancing consistency and inconsistency.
Some series do it wrong, (e.g. Call of Duty), while others do it right and keep things fresh with each installment. Everyone handles sequels differently, so it's flat-out wrong to pass a general judgment at all of them.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
My personal theory is that since we are in the closing years of the current console generation, most publishers won't try to push out any new IPs. they most likely want to save new stuff for the next generation and will put up mostly sequels in the near-future. Now, granted, there are a few pushing some new ones, like InSane, Shadows of the Damned, Bulletstorm and the various Kinect titles, but you're not going to see too many more.
x__K y o - C h i
Assassin's Creed 3?

No, that's Assassin's Creed Revelations.
If you're going to say it's the third game, you're wrong. There's still Brotherhood.
Shinobi-no-kitsune
My personal theory is that since we are in the closing years of the current console generation, most publishers won't try to push out any new IPs. they most likely want to save new stuff for the next generation and will put up mostly sequels in the near-future. Now, granted, there are a few pushing some new ones, like InSane, Shadows of the Damned, Bulletstorm and the various Kinect titles, but you're not going to see too many more.
While I agree with you partly I personally don't think that the closing years of our current consoles is quite that close. So far we only have conformation that Nintendo is coming out with a new console, and only fan fare with the XBox and PS3.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
xACF5xBoxman
Shinobi-no-kitsune
While I agree with you partly I personally don't think that the closing years of our current consoles is quite that close. So far we only have conformation that Nintendo is coming out with a new console, and only fan fare with the XBox and PS3.

That is true, but in terms of the developers, they might be seeing it that way, especially the 360. L.A. Noire needs three discs? Rage goes multiple? Honestly, I kinda hope Microsoft announces something with Blu Ray so we XBOX fans can get on the higher disc capacity.
interesting forum...

Bashful Prophet

Popsicle Season
x__K y o - C h i
Assassin's Creed 3?

If you're going to say it's the third game, you're wrong. There's still Brotherhood.

well, sorry. I've never played it or watch it so really didn't know
x__K y o - C h i
Popsicle Season
x__K y o - C h i
Assassin's Creed 3?

You should. Seriously, it's a great game.

Bashful Prophet

Popsicle Season
x__K y o - C h i
Popsicle Season
x__K y o - C h i
Assassin's Creed 3?

You should. Seriously, it's a great game.

sure, I'll give it a try. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces