Welcome to Gaia! ::

So with all the hype at E3 is Sony's new release of its new hand-held console, The Play Station Vita. No not to be confused with Vista. Throughout this piece I will simply call it the PSV. So the PSV. What defines it? Well, first is gonna be the touch screen. And the back, (forgive me, the name fails to come to me at the moment), touch pad. We can all say it is something new, but the question is, does it seem to similar to the Nintendo DS? And if it is, is it too late for Sony to finally be releasing a touch screen system? Well enough for the system itself, lets move on to games. First off is Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I do enjoy the Uncharted Franchise immensely, but do fans really want an Uncharted game being touch screen related? I will admit that the transition from Console, to hand-held will feel a bit foreign. Otherwise I see no other reason why this would be an awful game. Next is ModNation Racers. Interesting in the fact that we are capable of making our own tracks, with i might add, the touch of our finger in only seconds. Finally we have a game called Sound Shapes. Interesting, in which we can make our own music,but doesn't look like something i would play. So now is where this forum switches over to you. What do you think about the PSV? Do you think it is a few years to late, or a perfect time for Sony to release a hand-held of this genre? What do you think about the games coming to the PSV? And overall, from what we have seen so far, do you believe the PSV is worth investing in?

Tasty Sweetheart

27,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Cool Cat 500
I can't give my opinion yet crying
I'm just too afraid that I'll keep accidentally hitting some of the back touch pad buttons so i wanna see it get released, then maybe play it in my hands at Gamestop before I decide i want one.
On a not really that related note, I hope they continue the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes franchise on the Vita.
I'll make my decision depending on what other games come out for it. Other than that, it has great graphics.

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
it looks awesome!

Lonely Phantom

Out of all Vita games featured at E3 this game interest me the most

Then again, there is also the unannounced Falcom new rpg for the Vita..with that its pretty much a fact that I'll definitely get the Vita.
I thought it was pretty cool when they were showing it off, but once they showed the price it became 90% must buy for me. I'm not going to be 100% sure until more games are announced.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Noir Requiem
Out of all Vita games featured at E3 this game interest me the most
Then again, there is also the unannounced Falcom new rpg for the Vita..with that its pretty much a fact that I'll definitely get the Vita.
User ImageThat game looks like several flavors of awesome, just based on the concept behind it.
Its a wait and see kinda thing. So far no games i like for it.
i hate to say this but i don't think it will live up to the hype.

Dapper Explorer

8,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Playstation Vita's features-
  • Touch Screen
  • Touch Pad (behind the screen)
  • Dual Analog
  • Six Axis
  • Wifi Version & WiFi/3G Version

To add to this, the Uncharted game that they feature was a technology demonstration. The actual Uncharted game will not require you to use the touch screen at all. This was just to show case what can be done using the PSV. Remember, the press conferences aren't just to inform potential costumers but to attract game developers as well.

Honestly, the game system is a lot better than the 3DS. Not only does it have incredible graphics comparable to the Playstation 3, but has more innovative features that the 3DS. The only thing the 3DS has over the PSV is it's ability to display the illusion of 3D without the need for glasses. Other than the 3D capabilities and improved graphics the 3DS is no different than the DS.

If I were a game developer I rather develop for the PSV than the 3DS. Sony isn't just banking on this, however. Before announcing a launch date or even a price range Sony lined up a number of developers to make games for the system by launch date which will give the PSV a distinct advantage over the 3DS.
Its going to be a must have in our house. I was very impressed with the price. I was expecting it to be priced like the psp go which came out at £350. £220 is a much better price. Lets just hope there's a great release line up.

3,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
they said they'll release soon the playstation 4 too o.o
Mr Famoso

Just like i dont think the Wii U will live up to its hype.

7,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
heart OOOOOOHHHHHH I WANT ONE LOL
kage no kingu
Mr Famoso

Just like i dont think the Wii U will live up to its hype.
I can agree with you on that. and i bet the Wii U's hype will grow more seeing how it has a year or more til release.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff