Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Phantom

So who is excited about this game?

For those of you who don't know, it's a PC game. It's an MMOFPS. Yes, a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter. How massive you might ask? Well there are three empires and instead of some dinky little map to play rounds on you have an entire continent with many objectives to fight over, in fact a single base can have around six different points of interest to try and capture. The game world is persistent, in that if an empire captures something it stays that empire's till someone else captures it. Also the continents can hold around 500 players PER SIDE on them at the same time.

Best part is that it's apparently going to be free to play and following a similar cash shop as League of Legends, IE they won't sell power only visual upgrades for real money and everything else can be unlocked by simply playing the game.

The game is only in alpha testing, yet it won a few awards at this years E3.

So, anyone else really excited about this game? 3nodding
Well they got rid of sanctuaries from the first game, which is kind of good I guess. It will force people into action rather than non-stop planning but it was nice to have a place to regroup. As I understand it warp gates on the continents will act as sanctuaries now. There's no more vehicle enter/exit animations which is a bummer but I'm glad that the liberator has made a return. I think the most important thing is that they listened to the community and won't have BFRs in the game.

Friendly Phantom

Yes, BFRs sort of murdered the first game. >_< I thought it was fun to shoot out their systems and cripple them though. *shrugs*

Anyway I wish they'd put the enter/exit animations in the sequel, though at least it seems we won't have to worry as much about people bailing from their aircraft as frequently as from what I saw from the E3 footage they keep the momentum unless they have their ejection seat upgrade... otherwise they slam into the wall or ground and go SPLAT!

I also like how they helped streamline some stuff, like the MAX units. Instead of 3 MAXs per side that only differ with a weapon now it seems you can pick two weapons on your MAX to either be decent at two jobs or awesome at one but be pretty worthless against at least one target type. Also it's about freaking time the Vanu got an empire specific aircraft. That Scythe looks sweet!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff