Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
What do you guys think of the new Dante?

don't like the look or the way he talks.
but i'm still getting the game.

O.G. Businesswoman

8,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
Vipers-Lady20
What do you guys think of the new Dante?

I was outraged when I saw the demo. I might just get the HD collection of the first 3 games and wait to get the new one after I read reviews. I did that for DMC4 too emotion_donotwant

Mythical Flame

16,900 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
D: i think that game will be awesome

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well I'm gonna give it try. Despite of the new Dante look.

Fluffy Bunny

9,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My boyfriend's plenty excited about this.

Demonic Shounen

48,925 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I like the new look and I'm looking forward to the game.
Hate it... crying
I personally don't think it's gonna go well with this game. They changed basically everything from the originals...I mean...new Dante goes Super Saiyan? (by this I mean he "Transforms" into someone that looks a lot like the old Dante) The hell happened there? I understand the concept, I understand he ain't the original Dante (from what I've heard he's the kid) but still...

I miss the over-the-top awesomeness that came with the first Dante...where else are you gonna find a Demi-Demon talking s**t about his enemies while beating them down with dual pistols and a broadsword? Not to mention the feel of the older games with bands like Powerman 5000 providing the soundtrack and thus adding to the overall ridiculous awesomeness that the game became? It just looks too different...

With video games, change isn't always a good thing.

Friendly Hunter

4,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
While I was there I managed to get a ticket in to play the new DMC. Personally, yes I had doubts about the game but I really enjoyed it. The graphics are great and the controls are intuitive and smooth. I had absolutely no complaints about the demo. And the fact that it was done with the Unreal Engine made it that much better. :]

Adored Phantom

11,575 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Despite the look and the change to his voice, it's a prequel game. It's before the Dante we all know and have grown to love. You have to look at it that way. I have been reading up on the game for about 2 years now and I have seen the preview for it before E3. The game play looks amazing and it looks like it is going to be more of a back story compared to what back stories we have received in the past. Personally I liked Nero in 4 and I kinda wish they would've delved into that a little deeper with a second game BUT sadly people were not as open to embrace a new main character for the DMC series. DMC is one of the only series that has used one main character for more than 2 games. Some games change main characters after game 1 and some change up after game 2 or the series just die out. I think a new revamped look and style might just be exactly what the series needs. Now some people may disagree with me but that is my opinion. Now if the game doesn't live up to the first 4 games then I will admit defeat in it. BUT, I do plan on buying it when it comes out AND I do plan on going into it with an open mind and try NOT to compare it to the first 3 games. With that said, there will always be complaints of what they "should" have done and what they did.

[[Sorry this is such a lengthy rant. I just LOVE DMC]]
Torment_Desires
Despite the look and the change to his voice, it's a prequel game. It's before the Dante we all know and have grown to love. You have to look at it that way. I have been reading up on the game for about 2 years now and I have seen the preview for it before E3. The game play looks amazing and it looks like it is going to be more of a back story compared to what back stories we have received in the past. Personally I liked Nero in 4 and I kinda wish they would've delved into that a little deeper with a second game BUT sadly people were not as open to embrace a new main character for the DMC series. DMC is one of the only series that has used one main character for more than 2 games. Some games change main characters after game 1 and some change up after game 2 or the series just die out. I think a new revamped look and style might just be exactly what the series needs. Now some people may disagree with me but that is my opinion. Now if the game doesn't live up to the first 4 games then I will admit defeat in it. BUT, I do plan on buying it when it comes out AND I do plan on going into it with an open mind and try NOT to compare it to the first 3 games. With that said, there will always be complaints of what they "should" have done and what they did.

[[Sorry this is such a lengthy rant. I just LOVE DMC]]

If you've been reading up on it for two years, then you should know that it's also set in an alternate continuity, so really it's not a prequel anymore. I mean, with new Dante being a half angel/half devil, how would you explain away all of the changes from this game to 3? It's not like some higher being can go "oh, you can't have your angel powers anymore, so I'm taking them" (well you could, but it sounds terrible). With DmC not having to be shoehorned into the continuity of the previous games, it does give Ninja Theory some room to do what they want. If they do good, Capcom now has another way to use the series and if it sucks, then we can just ignore it.

There are things that I kinda like about the new game, but a lot I don't. I like that Ninja Theory made the combat flow better than what they had shown just two months ago. I don't really like new Dante's characterization: he just seems like too much of a punk for me to like. I'm sure that he does appeal to a crowd, but it doesn't grab me. And while this is more of a missed moment, I wish that Ninja Theory had did something cooler with the Devil Trigger form. They could've made some crazy looking, half angel/devil form flying around, but instead we just get a palette swap to old Dante. I like old Dante, but Capcom wanted to go in a new direction with the series, so having DT be that just seems off. There's another thing about this game that I hope they don't do: have new Dante take up old Dante's wardrobe. Now while you may be thinking "Well, the red coat and silver hair were trademarks, of course he should have them!", I just think that new Dante is enough of his own character that he shouldn't be forced to be a replacement, especially since Capcom was trying to do something new with this game, so why change so much just to turn around and leap back to what you started with? I dunno, just my two cents.

And I liked Nero too, I just hate the fact that we may never see him again; last I checked, 4 was the end of his story. I don't want that to be true.

Big Noob

mmAAggiiccAAllssAAUUccEE

it's a prequel, isn't it?

at least that's what I heard.

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
        • Gaian 50
        • Bookworm 100
        • Attending the Ball 25
        I don't like it. emo There is a huge following for the original Dante and the series (myself included). Dante was what made those games...to just change everything and 'reboot' it? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think Capcom is making a huge mistake but, that's just me.

Blessed Prophet

7,800 Points
        • Brandisher 100
        • Treasure Hunter 100
        • Tycoon 200
        I love how DmC, which is of course a prequel, looks much more modern than its sequels! The series has a medieval look to it despite taking place in a modern age but DmC seriously looks like the ugly little duckling of this flock of swans. Hopefully the game will turn out to be cool despite the change of Dante (the gameplay looks cool though!)
        it looks perfectly fine.
        i have no issues with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
        Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers
        Get Items
        More Items
        Where Everyone Hangs Out
        Other Community Areas