Welcome to Gaia! ::

Foremost, i'd like to say, I am not being a sore loser. We lost by 1 point, we still have bragging rights, I wasnt even upset when I found that we lost.
Till I read this thread. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/durem-gym/so-let-me-make-sure-i-am-not-the-only-one/t.42264433_76/
i've been yelling at my sibling about how ridiculous her suspicions about the event being rigged were all week, but now im eating crow.

1. WTF with the full body cast? Why on earth does it have Bartons symbol and colors on a jacket, for a menu picture? What is the prize for winning the Olymipics? A Jacket.

2. There were times when I played a game perfectly and still ended up with a 2.00, there have been claims from other Duremites that this has happened, and also claims that they made a Barton Mule (naughty) with hopes of pulling down Bartons score, and actually had a hard time getting a low score!

3. In the last few days, you may have noticed a pattern with the scores? Barton in the lead from midnight to about ten in the morning, then Durems in the lead for the main part, till midnight again. Then SUDDENLY, everyone gets a point jump at midnight the remains for the most part ALL DAY. Logically, it shouldnt matter WHAT time everyone gets on as long as everyone gets on eventually, at the end of the day the scores will be the same.

Also plot wise it makes sense for Barton to win, what with their dire need for fish.
Please do your best to change my mind, this is something I dont want to believe.
indy_cole
The Rejected Olympics officially ends at midnight (23:59 PST) tonight, but you will be able to continue playing games and earn items until later this week.

Important
Even though the scoring ends at midnight, everything will *look* exactly the same to you guys after we record the final scores. That means the scoring functionality will still work as well as the leaderboard, team ranking, and team scoring. In fact, it's possible that team could switch places after midnight, but those changes will not affect the official score. Basically, ignore everything regarding scoring and "which team is winning" after midnight.

This has the potential to be very confusing, so please spread the word if you see posts indicating that scoring is still live. Admittingly, this isn't the best way to close-down the event, but we didn't have time to change things around after we decided to extend the gameplay by a few days.

Announcement about the Announcement

We'll send out an announcement tomorrow with the final scores and information on the event prizes.

Dangerous Genius

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I agree. There's something weird going on, but knowing Gaia it could be a glitch and not rigged results.
you've got some good points.

and i'll confess (i know it's bad) but i had a mule trying to bring down barton. and i found that games i was getting 2s on here, i managed to get like a 4 over there doing the same thing...
Fabulous Mango
indy_cole
The Rejected Olympics officially ends at midnight (23:59 PST) tonight, but you will be able to continue playing games and earn items until later this week.

Important
Even though the scoring ends at midnight, everything will *look* exactly the same to you guys after we record the final scores. That means the scoring functionality will still work as well as the leaderboard, team ranking, and team scoring. In fact, it's possible that team could switch places after midnight, but those changes will not affect the official score. Basically, ignore everything regarding scoring and "which team is winning" after midnight.

This has the potential to be very confusing, so please spread the word if you see posts indicating that scoring is still live. Admittingly, this isn't the best way to close-down the event, but we didn't have time to change things around after we decided to extend the gameplay by a few days.

Announcement about the Announcement

We'll send out an announcement tomorrow with the final scores and information on the event prizes.

i've read this already but it means very little, im not sure if you'll understand me but, Barton 'won'

Newbie Noob

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true D:
I'm a Barton supporter on a mule right now.
I highly doubt olympics was rigged in our favor. I did notice the jacket for the full body cast looked like a Barton jacket, and that does seem strange, but it doesn't seem to say that it was rigged. It could be that the jacket was gold because it's like a gold medal?

Also, let me assure you, playing on Barton there were times when I played a game perfectly and got a 2 as well. Those were glitches that affected Barton players as well as Durem players.

As for your pattern, I don't know what to say about that. Coincidence perhaps? I'm not sure. . .

Dapper Dabbler

You're actually an intelligent-seeming person on the "rigged" concept.

I'll admit I had a mule over there, for items, but I didn't ever get s single two... not on, what i get twos on usually.
[this appears in every post so don't yell for advertising.] Now that you've read that...[click here]
Arkbeth
I agree. There's something weird going on, but knowing Gaia it could be a glitch and not rigged results.

im definitely willing to accept that, Gaia does have its glitches, but i fail to be conviced

Akalica's Partner

Smitten Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I made a Barton mule, yeah evil blah, and in the shoot the one duck game I left my computer for an hour came back and shoot the duck and got a ten. The things rigged. Here I was doing exactly what was said to get perfect tens and could barely get eights there I did the reverse and got tens.
I still don't understand why we have almost double the amount of people that Barton has.
What does it matter?

I had fun. The outcome no longer matters to me.

Akalica's Partner

Smitten Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Okay I've seen this in the top bar now on every page do any of you think it means more then what is litterly written?
Bruce Hardcastle
Four towns of Gaia have banded together to walk home with the Gold in this year's Rejected Olympics!
I'm not sure why people keep saying it was easier on Barton than on Durem. I for one had to struggle to make sure main account on Barton had a higher score than this one. I would get good scores on this mule and then have to work to make sure my main account had a higher score.
Kazikano
What does it matter?

I had fun. The outcome no longer matters to me.

I hate to be a drama queen but, fair is fair, if your telling me no matter how hard I work all week it wouldn't make a difference, fun kinda goes flying out the window

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff