Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy-chan's Partner In Crime

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Dusks wolf

the games I have played in KH are KH CoM Com rerelease 358/2 and KH2

I get what you mean about Crystal Chronicles being it's own series, but a lot of the earlier games seem to be their own series, there is nothing in common except the summons (and even those change depending on the stories) and the chocobos

-blinks dirge of Cerberus? is that the game you are speaking of? the one for ps2 aka off shoot of FF7? that one I have beaten (and own 3 copies of) but I wouldn't say that's the 8th game
(as FF VIII is techincaly the 8th game, in the order made)

Ah, well, yeah Each number is a different story, I know that.

Oh wait- I confused the titles again. stressed
I do that a lot. I mean to put Crisis Core. I have no idea why, but I confuse those two titles for some reason xP
I know they are TWO DIFFERENT GAMES, but the TITLES I get confused with, since I've never played EITHER OF THEM.

Just like How I confused the TITLES of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry, until I saw footage of each one. Though, I've only seen bits of Resident Evil 4, and only played TINY TINY TINY bit of Devil May Cry 4..... but I know DMC very well now because of Dante. I seem to find a lot of pictures dealing with that game, so I don't confuse the titles anymore. razz

But anyway, no I meant crisis core. sweatdrop
Sorry for the confusion. sweatdrop

Witty Raider

14,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Akuhime-sama
Dusks wolf

the games I have played in KH are KH CoM Com rerelease 358/2 and KH2

I get what you mean about Crystal Chronicles being it's own series, but a lot of the earlier games seem to be their own series, there is nothing in common except the summons (and even those change depending on the stories) and the chocobos

-blinks dirge of Cerberus? is that the game you are speaking of? the one for ps2 aka off shoot of FF7? that one I have beaten (and own 3 copies of) but I wouldn't say that's the 8th game
(as FF VIII is techincaly the 8th game, in the order made)

Ah, well, yeah Each number is a different story, I know that.

Oh wait- I confused the titles again. stressed
I do that a lot. I mean to put Crisis Core. I have no idea why, but I confuse those two titles for some reason xP
I know they are TWO DIFFERENT GAMES, but the TITLES I get confused with, since I've never played EITHER OF THEM.

Just like How I confused the TITLES of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Devil May Cry, until I saw footage of each one. Though, I've only seen bits of Resident Evil 4, and only played TINY TINY TINY bit of Devil May Cry 4..... but I know DMC very well now because of Dante. I seem to find a lot of pictures dealing with that game, so I don't confuse the titles anymore. razz

But anyway, no I meant crisis core. sweatdrop
Sorry for the confusion. sweatdrop

techincally Crisis Core is also an offshoot of ff7 (thats the one for ps3)
that game (ff7) has the most offshoots of any ff game i have ever sceen.

and it's ok, if i didnt own them, and have them lined up on my shelf i would get confused as well

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Dusks wolf

and it's ok, if i didnt own them, and have them lined up on my shelf i would get confused as well

I don't own the other one though.... only Crises Core.

And FF7 is PS-one. xP
You can get some ported PS-one titles on PSP and PS3, (Including FF7), if that's what you mean, but FF7 is not a PS3-format-game...
...not that I know of anyway- unless they made an ENTIRE remake, and if so, I bet the fans would love it! biggrin

Witty Raider

14,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Akuhime-sama
Dusks wolf

And FF7 is PS-one. xP
You can get some ported PS-one titles on PSP and PS3, (Including FF7), if that's what you mean, but FF7 is not a PS3-format-game...
...not that I know of anyway- unless they made an ENTIRE remake, and if so, I bet the fans would love it! biggrin
it is a ps 1 game as is ff8 final fantasy derg was made during the era of ps2 and is an off shoot, Crises Core was made within the ps3 era and is also an off shoot/ back story of ff7
does that help?

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Dusks wolf
Akuhime-sama
Dusks wolf

And FF7 is PS-one. xP
it is a ps 1 game as is ff8 final fantasy derg was made during the era of ps2 and is an off shoot, Crises Core was made within the ps3 era and is also an off shoot/ back story of ff7
does that help?

Well I already knew that, from what I've been told.... but I thought Crisis Core was more of a prequel to 7, and if so, I personally wouldn't call that an "off-shoot", since it involves much of the storyline...

Similarly, I would never say that Birth By Sleep is an "Offshoot" since it has major connections to the rest of the series of Kingdom Hearts, and it is also a prequel.

I can't say much for Crisis Core though, since I simply have not played it. sad

Witty Raider

14,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Akuhime-sama
Dusks wolf
Akuhime-sama
Dusks wolf

And FF7 is PS-one. xP
does that help?

Well I already knew that, from what I've been told.... but I thought Crisis Core was more of a prequel to 7, and if so, I personally wouldn't call that an "off-shoot", since it involves much of the storyline...

Similarly, I would never say that Birth By Sleep is an "Offshoot" since it has major connections to the rest of the series of Kingdom Hearts, and it is also a prequel.

I can't say much for Crisis Core though, since I simply have not played it. sad

it is and isn't it's Zach's story, but not really a prequel (at least not to me but I know a lot would say it is) it's Zach's adventures, and I suppose it tells more about the memories cloud has but its not a lot of back story, and it doesn't have anymore that what we learn from ff7(from what I have seen i'm only half way through the lets play so far)

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Dusks wolf
it is and isn't it's Zach's story, but not really a prequel (at least not to me but I know a lot would say it is) it's Zach's adventures, and I suppose it tells more about the memories cloud has but its not a lot of back story, and it doesn't have anymore that what we learn from ff7(from what I have seen i'm only half way through the lets play so far)

Well, again, I must say I don't know enough about it to say for sure.... but from what I heard, that's what I understand it to be AS OF this moment.

And, I might ad that, as with the BBS example, BBS focuses more on the main three's stories, but again, there is a deep connection between BBS and the rest of the KH series, so I'd count it as a prequel.

Same thing can be said for Phantasy Star Portable 2. smile
Though, at first, you think it's a different game entirely, until you get further in the game.... but that game isn't really a "prequel" per-se, since it takes place in the FUTURE...BUT it talks about the ancient past, and stuff that happened long before Phantasy Star Universe, (the first game in the Phantasy Star Universe/Phantasy Star Portable series)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff