Welcome to Gaia! ::

Too many companions to make a poll for them...

...so free gold! 1 100.0% [ 382 ]
Total Votes:[ 382 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 >

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Favorite: I'm a serious Rose-a-holic. Ace is number 2 (was No. 1 before Rose) and Clara.
Least Favorite? Three way toss up: Melanie, Jo and Liz...useless little squealers.

Vermillion Hunter

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Restorative Spirit 250
I don't know if I have a favorite. I know that Sarah Jane, Donna, and Barbara are quite dear to me, but I don't know if I necessarily prefer them over the others. When I was little, I liked Romana the least and I wasn't sure why. I rewatched the Key of Time saga on Netflix when it got put up on there and I realized that the reason I disliked Romana so much is that when she first appeared, they claimed that she was there to observe the Doctor as an experiment. I was a little kid who had to get blood drawn and have EEGs periodically so that turned me off her completely because the last thing I wanted to be at that time was someone's experiment and I identified with the Doctor heavily. Now I like her just as much as any companion. I liked Adric too and not a lot of people like him.

I think that for me, I have favorite TARDIS team combinations like Two, Jamie, and Zoe or Five, Nyssa, Tegan, and Adric or Ten, Donna, and Martha more than a favorite single companion.

Hollow Cost's Waifu

Hygienic Ladykiller

Caerthakatha

My least favourites are Rose, Amy and River. I can handle most of the others, but not those three.

These three are my favorite, starting with River, Amy Pond and then Rose.

Least favorite: Martha Jones. The whole season she just acted like a little lost puppy, following the Doctor around hoping he'll fall in love with her.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Caerthakatha

My least favourites are Rose, Amy and River. I can handle most of the others, but not those three.

The only thing these three really have in common is that they are strong-willed, independent natured characters. Amy is okay, but I can take or leave her. If River had a different actress that doesn't remind me so strongly of Midler...or Streisand for that matter, I would have probably liked her a lot more. I adore Rose. Hell, I adore JACKIE.

What I can't stand is wussy women on the TARDIS. Females that stand around and wait to be rescued or demonstrate that while they expect him to do ANYTHING to save them, they will not do the same for him. I also like Sarah Jane, Leela and Ace, and to a limited degree, Martha:; but the rest are pretty much useless wastes of space. I wouldn't have missish, simpering, 'lady-like', whining broads as friends or anywhere near me...as for letting one in my home? Forget it. Useless whining people are not people I have any use for. If you are going to be a part of the Doctor's life, then you support him all the way, otherwise, stay home. Sarah, Leela, Ace, Rose, Martha, Donna, Clara...all of them were willing to give him EVERYTHING they had, at some point or another. Rose in particular held nothing back, she even gave up her 'self', as did Clara.

It seems to me that the companions you don't like are the same ones who have a strong enough soul and sense of responsibility as well as a true love for the Doctor, to put everything they are on the line for his sake.

What does that say about you, I wonder?

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This is one of the easiest Doctor Who questions I've ever heard:

Favorite companion: Romana
Least Favorite companion: Adric

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Favorite: Donna and River
Least Favorite: Martha
Adric is my #1 and Tegan is the worst person to ever walk on board the TARDIS.

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
TheFourthDoctor
Adric is my #1 and Tegan is the worst person to ever walk on board the TARDIS.
I dunno about that, Melanie.....at least Tegan was competent. Melanie was pretty useless. And Peri....ew.

Shameless Regular

19,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Favorite: Amy
Least Favorite: Rose

Generous Giver

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tipsy 100
Just noticed practically most of us are diss'n on Martha... neutral
she's ok as a companion and i cant deny she was exactly like a lost puppy seeking love and attention, but she is considered my second favorite companion. First is Sarah Jane whee always has been and well third would have to be River cool
...now my least favorite(s) were Rose & Donna...sorry for those Rose&Donna lovers/fans out there, but don't get me wrong they're good and all, but i can't stand them/really click with them.

Noob

I cant comment on old who, but my favourite companion from new who would either be Donna or martha, even though I dislike other works of Catherine Tate. idk I feel like Martha was more independent than most and donnas story is relatable to me.
My least favourite is Amy because man was she annoying and bland (I also very much dislike river because I feel she held no real importance)

Timid Lunatic

fav: donna & martha

reason: donna was awesome even just having a platonic relationship with the Doctor. and martha put up with his crap and got over him in the end.

l. fav: amy, rose, & river

reason: amy was all about the Doctor before he invited rory and now she's like, what's the point of you? even when she tried to seduce him. he saw you when you were little. he's like your godfather or something.

i hate rose with a passion. she's overly clingy, two-faced to mickey, and she's a useless tramp in distress.

river's life revolves around the Doctor
          i get it, he's lovable, but you need a life of your own.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Mists of the Dawn
It seems to me that the companions you don't like are the same ones who have a strong enough soul and sense of responsibility as well as a true love for the Doctor, to put everything they are on the line for his sake.

What does that say about you, I wonder?

Right because the reason they're disliked is because of a "strong enough soul and sense of responsibility as well as a true love for the Doctor."

Rose: I liked her. I can't comment on why someone wouldn't, but hey free will.

Amy: Created by Moffat to be a "Deus Ex Macana"(sp?) Her character goes from Bossy to whiny in zero seconds flat. I like her actress, the character could have had promise but I dislike her because the implementation of her character and it's roll in the story.

River: Dear God. Seriously. As a fan of classic who and new who her character is the biggest piece of ..... Look I'm not saying people can't like her, again free will thing, but her origin just doesn't seem right for Doctor Who. It's the second worse origin, only beaten by the multiple Clara's. The Paradox involved is annoying and overly complicated and seriously simply because she was born in the T.A.R.D.I.S. she can regenerate? There are so many things a person can chose to dislike about her. A strong soul and sense of responsibility isn't enough of a plus to outweigh the negatives.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Caerthakatha
Moonstone Maeve
I kind of always didn't like Susan very much. The nerve, trying to take credit for the naming, possibly even the invention of the TARDIS! Granddaughter or not, that's way too much arrogance.
Because that was the canon at the time - she did name the TARDIS that. Why would other Time Lords use an English acronym?

I second Caerthakatha, comment. In the beginning it was Susan who first called it a TARDIS. The Timelords at the time called them Travel Capsules.

Also while I haven't seen every episode with Susan, when did she claim she invented the TARDIS?

Dangerous Bibliophile

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Favorites: Rose! Martha. Jack Harkness too. Loved the Doctor/Rose/Jack team.
Can'tstandyoupleasestoptalkingughhhh: Donna

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces