Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Loiterer 100
This post contains spoilers for those who have not seen The Angels Take Manhattan

For those of you who have seen The Angels take Manhattan BBC America just released (i guess yesterday) an uncut storyboard with some talking parts about what happened to Brian and how he found out what happened.

Link to the BBC website and page with the vid

Did it make you guys cry? It made me sad all over again..still in mourning of the pounds. I think it is hard because they where my first companions.

Nanzzy-chan's Honey Bun

Spicy Librarian

43,175 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
Also a Youtube link if no one can get the site to work.

Oh my god! It is sad, but it does give you some closure with Brian. In my opinion, this would have been a better ending than the one that was aired. Rory was kind of shoved the side in most of the series, & the fact that this episode focused more on him, it should have ended with him narrating instead of Amy.

Captcha: Create new things
yea it was kinda sad... but the ponds have been around for like 3 seasons... so im sad they had died... but i kinda wanted another person/people neutral

Beloved Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
Kiarra-Chan
Also a Youtube link if no one can get the site to work.

Oh my god! It is sad, but it does give you some closure with Brian. In my opinion, this would have been a better ending than the one that was aired. Rory was kind of shoved the side in most of the series, & the fact that this episode focused more on him, it should have ended with him narrating instead of Amy.

Captcha: Create new things
Yeah, I was wishing for closure with Brian glad we got it in someway.

@pie- They have been around for awhile, about last year in my mind I was thinking..soon the Doctor will have to change companions, because that is what the doctor does, but I never thought they would be killed though.
YES YES i just watched this crying

i cried

Dapper Lunatic

I'm not even that attached to the Ponds as a whole, just Rory and his da, so when I saw the short it affected me more than the end of Angels Take Manhattan. I'm glad they made it available to fans.

Beloved Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
Eira Gwynn
I'm not even that attached to the Ponds as a whole, just Rory and his da, so when I saw the short it affected me more than the end of Angels Take Manhattan. I'm glad they made it available to fans.
I am glad they did too.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Yes I saw the P.S. smile

After I saw this episode last night, I felt so sad- I ran a search online about found this Wall Street Journal blog. ‘Doctor Who,’ Season 7, Episode 5, ‘The Angels Take Manhattan’: TV Recap

The comments were both positive and negative about the writing of the Amy and Rory's last episode. Moffat achieved success with this emotionally-charged ending but didn't please the more logic-minded viewers.

Yes, even to me it was odd how the Doctor couldn't visit Rory and Amy as they were growing old and stranded in New York. I mean- the temporal anomalies that prevented him from entering New York in 1938 should've been gone with Rory creating the paradox...and yet River is able to visit Amy and give her instruction to write the afterword??? (guess her little bracelet's stronger than the police box???? What???)

and damn you Rory for reading your own tombstone- should've just ignored it and kept walking. That scene was awkward to me 'cause he didn't just catch his tombstone from the corner of his eye- he turned like a 360 as if he forgot something. =___=;

It prompted me to re-watch Rose's last episode this morning. That was sad too, but I must admit- I liked Rose's ending better.

Rose saved the world from Daleks and Cybermen > Amy and Rory just jumped off the edge of the building.

Timid Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Deziri

Yes, even to me it was odd how the Doctor couldn't visit Rory and Amy as they were growing old and stranded in New York. I mean- the temporal anomalies that prevented him from entering New York in 1938 should've been gone with Rory creating the paradox...and yet River is able to visit Amy and give her instruction to write the afterword??? (guess her little bracelet's stronger than the police box???? What???)

plus, even with the anomalies, he could have picked them up at a different year. why not go to 1938. or hell. go to some other city in 1938 travel to new york via car or boat or whatever and get them? i mean...he can travel all of time and space... he shouldn't be stuck to landing only in new york in 1938. it just seems like he gave up so quickly.

dunno, this whole season so far has writing like this...

Sparkly Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
JediKitteh

plus, even with the anomalies, he could have picked them up at a different year. why not go to 1938. or hell. go to some other city in 1938 travel to new york via car or boat or whatever and get them? i mean...he can travel all of time and space... he shouldn't be stuck to landing only in new york in 1938. it just seems like he gave up so quickly.

dunno, this whole season so far has writing like this...

Good point- he could've just landed on the Jersey side lol.

Timid Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Deziri

Good point- he could've just landed on the Jersey side lol.

even the doctor hates new jersey

Beloved Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
I must admit that part was not exactly logical. But I am willing to forget it because of the fix point that they have to die in the past because Amy made it a fix point ( but even Doctor has looped holed around fixed points) and for time-wimey wibbly wobble.

I dunno about the river song part, yeah she originally got there with her time vortex manipulator which was easier then the tardis and smaller, but I dunno, River song has always confused me because they are meeting backwards with his future being her past..Still can't wrap my head around that.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Deziri

Seriously, and if he can't land the TARDIS in NYC, land it in Newark or CT and take the damned train into town. He's not allergic to public transit.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
yaminakathy the 2nd
This post contains spoilers for those who have not seen The Angels Take Manhattan

For those of you who have seen The Angels take Manhattan BBC America just released (i guess yesterday) an uncut storyboard with some talking parts about what happened to Brian and how he found out what happened.

Link to the BBC website and page with the vid

Did it make you guys cry? It made me sad all over again..still in mourning of the pounds. I think it is hard because they where my first companions.
That was very touching. I'm glad Amy lost her attitude about being unable to bear more children herself and adopted.

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
yaminakathy the 2nd

It made me cry, but happily as both Amy and Rory were finally able to have the family they so desired. While I know they were proud of Melody, they weren't able to raise her. She just regenerated and changed into that.

My first companion was Rose and that one killed me. This one was almost worse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff