Whose departure made you sadder?

Rose, Doomsday 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 18 ]
Donna, Journey's End 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 18 ]
Neither 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Party Member

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Which made you cry? Reply to elaborate, or add an alternative sad moment.

Here're two videos to jog your memory.

Rose:

Donna

Party Member

Party Member

Come onnnn

Rose more so because I didn't know it was coming, I knew Donna was leaving some how. The first time I watched DW I watched the second half of the first season and all the second season over the course of 2 days. I had no idea what was coming. It was an emotional rollercoaster that ended with Rose's departure.
I see your 2 sad moments and raise you 2 sad moments combined into one super sad moment.

ButtHairSalad's Husbando

Hesitant Dabbler

11,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Probably Doomsday with Rose leaving, I just wasn't expecting it you know? And the ending when The Doctor was going to say I love you but got cut off in the end and then you see that one tear go down his face it, it broke my heart to see that, specially since at this time you think The Doctor's never gonna see Rose again so he's never gonna say those three words and he's never gonna see her again, but with Donna she may not remember him but he can still see her if he ever really wanted to.
Or how about a sad moment made deeper and sadder by sprinkleing happy moments on top.

Fashionable Cub

12,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Maybe I'm just dulled to the Rose moment, because I've grown to dislike her over the years... But the second video with Donna is the one that elicited an emotional response from me.
I began tearing up within the first twenty seconds, and cried a bit throughout the entire video.

Donna is my favorite character, though.
Camille Saint-Sans
Maybe I'm just dulled to the Rose moment, because I've grown to dislike her over the years... But the second video with Donna is the one that elicited an emotional response from me.
I began tearing up within the first twenty seconds, and cried a bit throughout the entire video.

Donna is my favorite character, though.
Donna is my favorite too, but if we are talking our emotional response to just that moment, Rose wins, though not by much.

Fashionable Cub

12,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Thats The Question
Donna is my favorite too, but if we are talking our emotional response to just that moment, Rose wins, though not by much.

I watched the first five seasons for the first time in one week, so the entire experience was extremely emotional for me.
I cried at the end of Doomsday, and I was upset about what happened to Rose, but now?
Now I know that in the end, Rose ultimately got closure, a happy ending (if not the one that she had originally been searching for).
For Donna, even though she finally found somebody to love and marry, I didn't get the same sense of closure.
To have her learn so much, and grow into such a strong and good person just to take all of that way? It's incredibly cruel and heartbreaking.
I suppose this isn't a popular opinion, but I think that the Donna moment is sadder. /shrugs
Camille Saint-Sans
Thats The Question

I watched the first five seasons for the first time in one week, so the entire experience was extremely emotional for me.
I cried at the end of Doomsday, and I was upset about what happened to Rose, but now?
Now I know that in the end, Rose ultimately got closure, a happy ending (if not the one that she had originally been searching for).
For Donna, even though she finally found somebody to love and marry, I didn't get the same sense of closure.
To have her learn so much, and grow into such a strong and good person just to take all of that way? It's incredibly cruel and heartbreaking.
I suppose this isn't a popular opinion, but I think that the Donna moment is sadder. /shrugs
I agree with you whole heartedly, but I believe Kinny meant when you first saw it. The videos were just to jog your memory. And if that is the case, then Rose and The Doctor being literally ripped apart had a huge emotional impact.

The Doctor erasing basically everything Donna had become had a huge one as well, but it was more anger than sadness. Anger at The Doctor for not trying to find another way, and anger at the writers for giving her so much character development and then just ripping it all out.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
For me, the saddest yet most exciting moment of Doctor Who.

"A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's..."

The only thing more tearjerking than that (for me, at least) is pretty much the last few bits of "The Doctor's Wife."
Xiam
For me, the saddest yet most exciting moment of Doctor Who.

"A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's..."

The only thing more tearjerking than that (for me, at least) is pretty much the last few bits of "The Doctor's Wife."
While I enjoy classic Who immensely, it never really tugs on my heartstrings like NuWho does.

The Doctor's Wife was very emotional one too though, I must have watched it 8 times by now.

Party Member

Thats The Question
I agree with you whole heartedly, but I believe Kinny meant when you first saw it. The videos were just to jog your memory.

Actually, I meant which departure makes you sadder. First time you saw it, or the 90th time you saw it doesn't matter. If the vids changed your perspective and feelings, then I'm interested in that.

Rose at Doomsday, because i don't even know; but don't get me wrong, i felt TERRIBLE when Donna left. I suppose I ought feel worse for Donna, cuz she doesn't even get the memory. I guess she'll just go back to being the horrible person she was before. But I cried more for Rose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff