11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Ginger_Octoberist
La Chocolate Bliss
yukkisama16
just knowing what his real name is thats all

His name is The Doctor. Just that. The Doctor. That is his name, I believe things where he is from is different, they have names, but not normal ones like "David Tennant" or "Matt Smith" Just a title.

Based on what how River Song gets his attention in Silence in the Library, we do know he has a name other than The Doctor, and he told it to her at one point.

Personally, I don't think they'll ever tell us, because hardly anything could live up to the mystery of it.

I always wondered about that, how she knew his name. I suspected she was his wife later on or something...because she had the screwdriver the 11th doctor has now.

I would really hate it if she was if wife, though. She kept dropping hints about it...
True I also don't like the idea of him being married, because if he gets married, what about his companions? What will they do? Will they all go on a murderous rampage targetting her?

Tipsy Star

7,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
The writers never gave him a name XD

3,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Junior Trader 100

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Four theories:

His name actually is Who, and he doesn't tell anyone because he gets a kick out of people accidentally saying his name all the time.

His name is something really embarrassing or girly, like Lucy or something. He doesn't tell it out of keeping his pride.

His name is time locked back in some period of time, maybe the Time War, and he literally does not have the ability to say it seeing as how, wibbly wobbly, it doesn't actually exist. (I find this one more plausible than my other theories.)

His name is Fortytwo, or some variation of that. This actually makes sense (sort of), because in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42. There, we just don't know the Question.

In Doctor Who, the Ultimate Question, the one that cannot be answered for yaddayadda reasons, is, well, "Doctor who?". Combine them together, and we have both the Question AND the Answer. "Doctor who?" "[Doctor] Fortytwo."

3,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Junior Trader 100
i would seem that it would conclude that know who or what can be
Technically "The Doctor" is his real name weirdly enough. 3nodding

2,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
why would you want to know it that the whole point of the show XD

3,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Junior Trader 100
lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
makes u think it's one of those questions that drive you half mad while watching the series
emotion_donotwant He's the doctor.

Aged Codger

La Chocolate Bliss
Ginger_Octoberist
La Chocolate Bliss
yukkisama16

His name is The Doctor. Just that. The Doctor. That is his name, I believe things where he is from is different, they have names, but not normal ones like "David Tennant" or "Matt Smith" Just a title.

Based on what how River Song gets his attention in Silence in the Library, we do know he has a name other than The Doctor, and he told it to her at one point.

Personally, I don't think they'll ever tell us, because hardly anything could live up to the mystery of it.

I always wondered about that, how she knew his name. I suspected she was his wife later on or something...because she had the screwdriver the 11th doctor has now.

I would really hate it if she was if wife, though. She kept dropping hints about it...

have you seen the last episode of series 6 yet?

3,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Junior Trader 100
i see and i know that he is the doc

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
dark lord stormaggedon
La Chocolate Bliss
Ginger_Octoberist
La Chocolate Bliss
yukkisama16

have you seen the last episode of series 6 yet?

Nope, i'm on the second episode of the fifth season.
IAmTheQueenOfHearts
Beb Fett
NO ONE KNOWS, other wise what would be the pint of calling the show doctor who, and not whats-his-name and his companions travels in time?

Well River knows. Your argument is still valid, as we don't know. I just had to say.

But if I remember that episode correctly he didn't really tell her his name just to look in his eye.....for reasons I don't want to spoil for those who haven't caught up with the Matt Smith arc. as I like to call it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff