Welcome to Gaia! ::

And is it actually worth watching :^0???
I watched up to episode 4 and wasn't too crazy about it,
but maybe I judged it too soon.

Big Fairy

Same.

except I have watched less than 10 minutes.
episode 4 of which series,

doctor who is about a lot of things, but namely an alien from the galifreyan race, he is a time lord (which is a rank people get it right)

his adventures started on galifrey and eventually moved to planet earth, he is called the doctor because technically he is a criminal because he stole a tardis (time and relative dimensions in space)
a time machine, however its not just a cover up name, its a promise, always kind and never cruel to do what has to be done.

the doctor was temporarily banished from galifrey by the high council, but later had that punishment revoked but the high council doesnt really like him, infact by all technicality he is there president, and because of his antics they somewhat fear him.

the doctor has made many enemies and many mistakes through out time and space.
during the timewar he escaped galifrey once again and had a forced regeneration temporarily giving up the name of the doctor and becoming the warrior because he felt that he no longer deserved the title of the doctor. after which he returned to galifrey resolving that the only way to end the war was to destroy galifrey.

he actually thought he destroyed galifrey for centuries and lived with the guilt for a very long time, but it was only recently explained in the 50th aniversary special that he indeed changed his mind and instead to halt the war, trapped the planet in a pocket dimension in stasis til a time when he could safely deal with the remainder of the enemy forces on the planet.

but when he and the other 2 versions of himself split he forgot that he saved it and thought he destroyed it.

another integral but less seen part of doctor who, is another timelord called the master they were childhood friends but when the master was exposed to raw time energy he was driven insane forced to hear a 4-4 time drum beat constantly without end. making him completely crazy and eventually evil.

the doctors enemies include the cybermen a race of androids, the daleks, a group of aliens who wanted to create the perfect human without emotion, but they still had hatred in their hearts.
and many others

the doctor has companions who generally come from earth who accompany him on his adventures through time and space.

doctor who is the perfect mix of history, comedy, action, adventure, and scientific wit

I would highly suggest finding a series that suits you and watching it all the way through
the doctor has many faces due to the fact that a galifreyan has 12 regenerations so each series he has a new face.

series one is a good place to start series 2 and 3 are interesting but are fragmented because a lot of the episodes were destroyed, and they are trying to peice them back together, 4 is a great one, gotta love tom baker, 5 is meh, colin baker is sort of lack luster, 6 ive never seen 7 sylvester mccoy is a treat, 8 paul mcghaan was a one off short, and deemed the worst of the series but I loved that episode. 9 christopher eccelston possibly my favorite ever 10 david tennant is always a crowd favorite. 11 matt smith, he comes and goes in popularity but never falls short of the "hes okay" level and capaldi which is where im thinking you may have started is amazing his dry humor is wonderful and his dark attitude is a great throw back to sylvester mccoy and most of the classic doctors.

in other words TLDR; worth watching please keep going with it I promise if nothing else you will at least walk away with a new experience that if nothing else you wont regret.

also DONT LOOK IN THAT MIRROR ITS FURIOUS WITH US!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
It's about a madman with a magic box.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers