Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
She hasn't even been mentioned this season (unless you count Amy saying she couldn't have more kids). River's by no means my fav companion (I don't even like her much) but her just vanishing is downright weird. From the previews I don't think she'll be in the next episode either...

I don't generally read spoilers or the like, just curious where she vanished to. (other than prison of course...) It's strange to me that she's not even been mentioned for a while...
From what I've read, she'll be appearing in Amy and Rory's final episode.

Witty Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
They will only be in two more episodes.. so I guess that makes it next week. I am not a big fan of River either, she always kind of annoyed me. XD

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
She's coming back, not sure what ep though.

8,825 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
She was shown in the preview for next weeks episode. I was wondering the same thing.

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I heard she will be in episode 5. I am happy that she is coming back. Sad that Rory and Amy are leaving though. I hope Clara is going to be a good companion!

Blessed Wench

Somber Ash
She hasn't even been mentioned this season (unless you count Amy saying she couldn't have more kids). River's by no means my fav companion (I don't even like her much) but her just vanishing is downright weird. From the previews I don't think she'll be in the next episode either...

I don't generally read spoilers or the like, just curious where she vanished to. (other than prison of course...) It's strange to me that she's not even been mentioned for a while...

They're trying to distance the story line from her seeing as last season was mostly about her.

Also.. wait for the next episode, she'll be in it
She'll be back, just not as much.

You know, Moffat's words are starting to ring true.
It's hard to explain but not to grasp River Songs timeline.

Last season it was all about River. We saw her birth, and that's when we figured out her secret. That was about the time when the older River faded from the episodes, and the young River just begun; her rebellion, her growth, her change.
So most of the last seasons episodes deals with the younger River Song, not the one we're used to seeing in Amy's first season (an older River Song).
And also, the older River Songs development, the closer she meets her end.
I'm not sure if everyone quite grasps that her timeline ends with the 10th Doctor at The Silent Library.
So we all technically know when she dies and how.
It's all just a matter of plot placement, and not getting her too involved since we basically already know 98.8% of what we need to know about her, if not 100%.
One of my friends pointed out that we know that she will always survive.
I just wonder when will be her last episode or if Angels Take Manhattan was it? I know we've already seen her die and be born, but there has to be a point where the Doctor doesn't see her ever again.

Party Member

Salmay
User Image

I like to pretend that the Doctor visited the Library after he knew their timelines were finally synched up (he knew he'd never see her again), just after we see the TARDIS leave, and he gives River the same gift he gave Rose: a copy of himself in the computer, to live with her.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kinny Fear
Salmay
User Image

I like to pretend that the Doctor visited the Library after he knew their timelines were finally synched up (he knew he'd never see her again), just after we see the TARDIS leave, and he gives River the same gift he gave Rose: a copy of himself in the computer, to live with her.

Aw, I love head fanon. 3nodding

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Also, I think it makes sense to her character that she'd just sort of be... around. She's obviously having her own adventures.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff