Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of Peter Capaldi?

Ahh! Soo old! 0.053333333333333 5.3% [ 4 ]
I love him! <3 0.61333333333333 61.3% [ 46 ]
I don't know yet... 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 >

I don't know why everybody seems to like him. It's soon to say, but so far I don't like him at all... And not, it's not because of his age. For me he doesn't transmit anything. Sometimes he says things that look funny, but I don't laugh, with him..
For me it has been a huge disappointment. I started with Christopher, and when he left I didn't like it, but David make me move on soon, he became my favorite Doctor. When Matt came along it was disappointed, it took my quite a while to get used to him (also Amelia didn't help at all, I REALLY disliked her)... and when that started to happen... Peter... I almost stopped watching Doctor Who with Matt... But now I'm seriously thinking about stop watching the show... I'll try few episodes more... to at least give him a chance... but it doesn't look good...

Dapper Phantom

As soon as Capaldi was announced as The Doctor I was sold, I had watched a few things with him in it previously and knew he was an amazing actor. And quite frankly I would have been disappointed if they chose another young attractive man to be The Doctor.

What really sold me on his role as The Doctor though was Saturday's episode. It revealed so much about what sort of Doctor he is going to be. And Into the Dalek was another good one. They're making The Doctor second guess himself and what he knows to be fact. A good Dalek? Impossible. Robin Hood? Fictional. He never thought to question these things because the had always been presented to him as fact.

Also I am glad they took the sonic away from The Doctor, even if it was only for part of the episode. When Clara asked him what his plan was and told him not to say sonic, knowing that he would, it made him stop in his tracks and actually try to think of a plan. Too long has the screwdriver been a magical fix all, I will honestly be glad if he stops using it as much as Tennant and Smith did.

I just hope Capaldi will be enough for other fans to fix the damage that Matt Smith did. He was a decent Doctor, but I really didn't like him during his first season as Doctor, and a big part of it was Amy.

Sorry about the rant, but those are my thoughts mrgreen

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
sempiternal_devastation
No... Just no lol. Matt Smith is the hottest, and yes bowties are very sexy lmao 3nodding
Veunus Rahl
no he sucked as a doctor, he was mor like a companion then a doctor..,watch the original Doctor Who

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ace Pilot Alyssa
As soon as Capaldi was announced as The Doctor I was sold, I had watched a few things with him in it previously and knew he was an amazing actor. And quite frankly I would have been disappointed if they chose another young attractive man to be The Doctor.

What really sold me on his role as The Doctor though was Saturday's episode. It revealed so much about what sort of Doctor he is going to be. And Into the Dalek was another good one. They're making The Doctor second guess himself and what he knows to be fact. A good Dalek? Impossible. Robin Hood? Fictional. He never thought to question these things because the had always been presented to him as fact.

Also I am glad they took the sonic away from The Doctor, even if it was only for part of the episode. When Clara asked him what his plan was and told him not to say sonic, knowing that he would, it made him stop in his tracks and actually try to think of a plan. Too long has the screwdriver been a magical fix all, I will honestly be glad if he stops using it as much as Tennant and Smith did.

I just hope Capaldi will be enough for other fans to fix the damage that Matt Smith did. He was a decent Doctor, but I really didn't like him during his first season as Doctor, and a big part of it was Amy.

Sorry about the rant, but those are my thoughts mrgreen
I liked Amy but despised Matt. Also the doctor's Sonic Screw driver did not come into existance until the Third reincarnation which was played by John Petri...XD, we don't have very many of his yet.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Whenever he gets his fast Scottish accent going he always makes me laugh.
Hellduur
sempiternal_devastation
He's different..

Yes he is,he is meaby(yet to see) the most seroius doctor. I'm allways sceptical when he regenerates and there is to be a new doctor. cause I allways fell in love with the one I'm watching. Witch is one of the things I think is keeping the show soo interesting and exciting to watch as well. It plays with you're emotions in a good way smile And they allways pick the right actor for playing the doctor I think smile How bout you??

omg i completely agree whole heartedly! 3nodding

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
A loving heart

heart I liked Capaldi before when he was on Doctor Who as well as his role in the Children of Earth season of Torchwood. He's an excellent actor

That being said, I like the fact that they went with Capaldi as the Doctor because it was sort of a "we're going back to what we started with" thing; all the recent Doctors (from McGann to Smith) were all much younger when they took their version of the role. With Peter being the Doctor now, who not only gets to keep his native accent, but gets some interesting throwbacks of previous regenerations, it's proven to be interesting. heart

is the beginning of all knowledge
============

Dapper Phantom

Veunus Rahl
Ace Pilot Alyssa

I liked Amy but despised Matt. Also the doctor's Sonic Screw driver did not come into existance until the Third reincarnation which was played by John Petri...XD, we don't have very many of his yet.

I'm aware, of this, but what I've seen of old Who, (1 and 7 so far) 7 didn't use his sonic nearly as much as the new Doctors. and 10 and 11 used theirs way more than 9 did. I'm just hoping they cut back on using it so much so that it is not the answer to everything they encounter.

Adventuring Newb

18,225 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Team Josie 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
sempiternal_devastation
He's different..

Yes he is,he is meaby(yet to see) the most seroius doctor. I'm allways sceptical when he regenerates and there is to be a new doctor. cause I allways fell in love with the one I'm watching. Witch is one of the things I think is keeping the show soo interesting and exciting to watch as well. It plays with you're emotions in a good way smile And they allways pick the right actor for playing the doctor I think smile How bout you??

biggrin Cool-cool-cool exclaim
The series is seriously awesome,most orignal stories and good acting,filming,great dialogs between caracters,wonderfull script and well acted out on screen. Totally in love with Peter Calpaldi now heart
Hellduur
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
sempiternal_devastation
He's different..

The series is seriously awesome,most orignal stories and good acting,filming,great dialogs between caracters,wonderfull script and well acted out on screen. Totally in love with Peter Calpaldi now heart

i like him but i gotta admit i am going to miss matt. i was the same with david. i get soooo attached and so sad when they go but i know they must at some point and i've yet to be disappointed by the next doctor they choose. <3

Adventuring Newb

18,225 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Team Josie 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
sempiternal_devastation
He's different..

i like him but i gotta admit i am going to miss matt. i was the same with david. i get soooo attached and so sad when they go but i know they must at some point and i've yet to be disappointed by the next doctor they choose. <3

Yes,hear hear exclaim I'm gonna miss'em too heart They are allway's in our hearts 3nodding
Hellduur
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
sempiternal_devastation
He's different..

Yes,hear hear exclaim I'm gonna miss'em too heart They are allway's in our hearts 3nodding

always and forevre in our hearts lulz. wink heart

Adventuring Newb

18,225 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Team Josie 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
r4wrizzy
Hellduur
r4wrizzy

always and forevre in our hearts lulz. wink heart

Took me some time to answere,got lost in some alchemy pages smile But now I'm wondering if I should have a look at last season one more time before neext episode,If I watche every night and two episodes,I can do it in time I think smile In the first episode of the new season the last scene when you know...I just felt so... it all just..omg! heart

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So far I adore Capaldi. I think he's fantastic and I love that he's Scottish.
I loved Smith and he was my favorite but if Capaldi keeps on like he's doing, he'll quickly turn into my favorite. I also love that he's older, I was tired of always hearing about how hot and sexy the younger doctors were. I'm hoping this will cut back a bit with Capaldi being older.

I'm also glad we're getting rid of Clara. I liked her but I'm over it. Her story has been rushed from the beginning and it's time for someone new.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
An angry Scot with a sarcastic sense of humour - what's not to like? emotion_awesome I don't think Craig Ferguson or Billy Connolly could have played him better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff