Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cat

I don't think it absolutely needs to happen, but if it did...I'd be cool with it.

8,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Rikku Hajime
I think it would be funny if they had The Master regenerate into a female or an alien, The Doctor's reaction would most likely be priceless as would The Master's. rofl

That would be amazing. Like, rolling on the floor not able to breathe, amazing.

Conservative Autobiographer

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Rikku Hajime
I think it would be funny if they had The Master regenerate into a female or an alien, The Doctor's reaction would most likely be priceless as would The Master's. rofl

lol rofl That's genius!
I don't think that Time Lords can regenerate into not human looking things. Not only would that ruin The Doctor's ability to blend in in all the episodes that take place in the past, but he also says humans look Time Lord, so I think that is just what they look like. He did say that The Corsair had regenerated into a woman once though.

And Helen Mirran has said on record that if they ever made The Doctor a woman, that she would want the par.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Thats The Question
I don't think that Time Lords can regenerate into not human looking things. Not only would that ruin The Doctor's ability to blend in in all the episodes that take place in the past, but he also says humans look Time Lord, so I think that is just what they look like. He did say that The Corsair had regenerated into a woman once though.

And Helen Mirran has said on record that if they ever made The Doctor a woman, that she would want the par.

I totally forgot about that part about humans looking like Time Lords. xp

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Layla Oleander
Rikku Hajime

Well Harkness has the roll on the floor part right lol.
User Image
Well just so long as he isn't both a female and a ginger I'm sure the doctor could deal with it.

8,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Rikku Hajime
Layla Oleander
Rikku Hajime

Well Harkness has the roll on the floor part right lol.
User Image
I could do that. If I was as amazing as him.
That is AWE-some.

Magical Gatekeeper

9,700 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
I can't sleep, can you tell xp

I thought about a female Doctor(even went so far as to make her American) and ended up making an OC instead 3nodding

Name: The Artist
Age: 750-800??? Yes, she’s younger than the Doctor stare
Likes: when people are happy/safe, anything creative *books, music…
Dislikes: when people are in danger, things that are unnecessarily boring
TARDIS: stuck in the shape of a hippie van (1950 Volkswagen bus) ,but can still change color on the outside to blend in better
Saying/catchphrase: “Here we go wink ” “ONWARD!!! xd

Something else you may hear her say:
*sigh “ah yes, Roswell . . . not one of my best landings" sweatdrop

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Fujimi Senshi
Fiona Pond
Personally, I have no problem with the idea of a female doctor. I can _maybe_ see where people might take issue--but meh.

As for race. I find it thoroughly preposterous that someone who can suddenly become a different height, different build, different apparant age, different personality quirks, so thoroughly different would somehow be limited in possible melanin level.

I'm willing to argue about whether women and men are fundamentally different. I am not prepared to entertain that the genetics of race are sufficiently relevant to preclude Doctorhood.

I'm not saying that in the Whovian universe, there is anything standing in the way of the Doctor being female, Middle Eastern, African, or Silurian. I am simply saying that in our universe, portraying a character who has for eleven generations been portrayed as a British man, to suddenly change the sex, skin tone, or even accent would be more bothersome than it's worth. In particular, Time Lords appear to have some power over how they regenerate, so unless the Doctor, at the moment of 'death', has some prepossession to become a girl or a Mexican, he overall seems to lean toward the Englishman's appearance, and there's no reason why that should change.

From a continuity standpoint, I would have to wonder about a Silurian. Gallifreyans have always been shown to appear human (except for the decaying husk phase but-meh).

From a feel-of the-show standpoint, I can see the desire to mantain a "brittish" feel. I'm not saying that there would be no issue with an American Doctor, or an African Doctor, or a Chinese Doctor. What I DO NOT see as legitimate is to exclude is a convincingly Brittish actor who happens to have given racial characteristics.
That be a great change of pace having a female doctor.

Friendly Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Well so far that closest we have had to a female doctor was the DoctorDonna, but maybe just to make fans go WTF? The current doctor and his companion's get turned into the opposite gender on accident because a mad man was trying to kill them all but he grabbed the wrong gun.

Generous Noob

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Brandisher 100
I think a female doctor would be a very interesting idea. I wonder what everyone's reaction would be? 4laugh

Questionable Borg

I'm not for it or against, if it happens, neat. If not, life will go on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff