Welcome to Gaia! ::

The point of the Doctor is not that he is a male or a female, is it? He is not exactly all that touchy-feely and going to sleep with everyone. Where he comes from, well certain things aren't performed in exactly the same fashion as they are among humans when willing to produce offspring.

His appeal comes from his personality more than it does from his looks (some Doctors were far from pretty or handsome). Although of course, some may have grown attached to a certain Doctor for their looks rather than who he was/is. But if you are looking for the flirtatious, looks oriented sort of personality and body, you might be thinking more of Jack Harkness. I've a feeling that rather than be shocked, if he suddenly ended in a female body.. he'd go off and make the most of it, just because he could.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The doctor was established as a guy, so it will be very hard to change him. Plus, the doctor gets away with a lot of stuff people wouldn't tolerate from a female doctor.

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
As long as she's older, but not a cougar. blaugh
bitBlackmage
The doctor was established as a guy, so it will be very hard to change him. Plus, the doctor gets away with a lot of stuff people wouldn't tolerate from a female doctor.

Could you elaborate on what sort of things you mean by - things one would not tolerate from a female Doctor? Preferably with examples.

The last (presently) 11th Doctor was, after his regeneration, for a moment alarmed that he was a girl, therefore while he might have also been joking, it could also suggest it is not as established, he is a he, as one might want to think. Even the world Doctor, can be used for both female and male persons doing this profession, not only in just the English language either.

Sparkly Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
I think it'd be nice if the Doctor was a female. It'd be kind of interesting to see how the companions would handle it if they were to meet with their Doctor again lol It'd also be a nice change..definitely tired of Matt Smith >_>;; And Rory and Pond too.

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I think it would be awesome!
Maybe just for a single episode though, since it might be a bit odd razz

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Gaian 50
I think the Doctor should remain male or if they wanted a female time lord make a new series or incorperate her into the show.

Star Survivor

11,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
I'd love a female Doctor, although I doubt many fangirls would. Guess it'd lose the whole "madman with a box" thing, though.
Eight pages of people spouting "Docor = guy, =/= girl!"

Theangelwatcher
Fujimi Senshi
I kind of do, for a change of pace, but I think it would cause way more problems than it's worth. After eleven generations of being a British male, it would be really hard to handle a girl or an alien or a male of a different race. So, overall, I think they should leave well enough alone.

One generation of a female Doctor might be a little shocking, but it might be a good idea for at least one episode. An AU, if you will.

Already been done, well as close to what it's going to be, The Doctor had a female Timelord companion (Romanadvoratrelundar), then he was cloned as a female (The Doctor's Daughter), then Donna Nobel and what ever that was, not to mention his original companion was his grand-daughter. (Susan Foreman). Not to give any spoilers, but River Song.

That all being said, Steven Moffat has a history of flying in the face of cannon, but there are some lines I just don't expect him to cross.
xXCRONUSXx
MAYBE they should do an episode where they come to an alternate universe where the doctor is a woman WHO IS GINGER and has a male companion and the pairs meet up?! THAT WOULD BE WICKED!!

This or a one shot episode is the only way I'de accept this happening.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Amarth
bitBlackmage

Could you elaborate on what sort of things you mean by - things one would not tolerate from a female Doctor? Preferably with examples.

You really couldn't imagine a female doctor getting backlash for being awesome and being the main character? Um first (and I'm not trying to be rude) how often do you delve into fandom politics, comms and the like...? eek [/not even joking here]
bitBlackmage
Amarth
bitBlackmage

You really couldn't imagine a female doctor getting backlash for being awesome and being the main character? Um how often do you delve into fandom politics, comms and the like...? eek

So by this reasoning no female can be awesome and a main character? Even if fandoms are often run by female fans, I cannot see why they would be completely against a female that is awesome. Certainly, they would have a harder time pairing their own characters with her.. but then again, would they?

Also while not being a main character 'Doctor' Donna was rather brilliant, awesome and funny and carried herself quite well in that short sequence when she was in that state.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Amarth
bitBlackmage
Amarth
bitBlackmage

You really couldn't imagine a female doctor getting backlash for being awesome and being the main character? Um how often do you delve into fandom politics, comms and the like...? eek

So by this reasoning no female can be awesome and a main character? Even if fandoms are often run by female fans, I cannot see why they would be completely against a female that is awesome. Certainly, they would have a harder time pairing their own characters with her.. but then again, would they?

Also while not being a main character 'Doctor' Donna was rather brilliant, awesome and funny and carried herself quite well in that short sequence when she was in that state.

Heh. Who know what goes in their minds? It's a big clouded mystery. Legend of Korra isn't out yet and people are already calling her a Mary Sue (src). I'd hate to see the backlash for a female doctor, BUT also I'd love to see a female doctor no matter what because it'd be too awesome to contain.

I'm not sure how well Donna was received by the fandom (since I left due to all the fan idiocy), but I would hope that she was taken for what she was--brilliant, awesome, etc instead of bashed senselessly and having her good traits downplayed.

Sparkly Lunatic

I would love to have a female Doctor when Matt Smith leaves. It would be a really nice change and it would be interesting to see how she deals with various situations,
But the thing is The Doctor travels mostly with younger companions than himself and it is okay with the general mass and they like all the 10th/Rose, 10th/Martha and 11th/Amy.
But if a female Doctor will do that it would not go down well with them.
So I don't think the writers would be taking that chance in the near future.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Amarth
The point of the Doctor is not that he is a male or a female, is it? He is not exactly all that touchy-feely and going to sleep with everyone. Where he comes from, well certain things aren't performed in exactly the same fashion as they are among humans when willing to produce offspring.

His appeal comes from his personality more than it does from his looks (some Doctors were far from pretty or handsome). Although of course, some may have grown attached to a certain Doctor for their looks rather than who he was/is. But if you are looking for the flirtatious, looks oriented sort of personality and body, you might be thinking more of Jack Harkness. I've a feeling that rather than be shocked, if he suddenly ended in a female body.. he'd go off and make the most of it, just because he could.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces