Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Autobiographer

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
I think that since there have been so many male Doctors, a female Doctor would be a nice change in pace. Do you agree or disagree?
I kind of do, for a change of pace, but I think it would cause way more problems than it's worth. After eleven generations of being a British male, it would be really hard to handle a girl or an alien or a male of a different race. So, overall, I think they should leave well enough alone.

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Fujimi Senshi
I kind of do, for a change of pace, but I think it would cause way more problems than it's worth. After eleven generations of being a British male, it would be really hard to handle a girl or an alien or a male of a different race. So, overall, I think they should leave well enough alone.

One generation of a female Doctor might be a little shocking, but it might be a good idea for at least one episode. An AU, if you will.
Theangelwatcher
Fujimi Senshi

One generation of a female Doctor might be a little shocking, but it might be a good idea for at least one episode. An AU, if you will.

Curse of the Fatal Death. wink

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Now, who would play her?

8,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I think it would be interesting. Like if for an episode or two he for some reason is a she.

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Personally, I have no problem with the idea of a female doctor. I can _maybe_ see where people might take issue--but meh.

As for race. I find it thoroughly preposterous that someone who can suddenly become a different height, different build, different apparant age, different personality quirks, so thoroughly different would somehow be limited in possible melanin level.

I'm willing to argue about whether women and men are fundamentally different. I am not prepared to entertain that the genetics of race are sufficiently relevant to preclude Doctorhood.

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Meh, I guess that's what ff is for.

Dapper Informer

They could do a little special. Sort of like an alternate ending while we wait for the actual series to start back up again. A nice couple of episodes to busy us Whovians that has no real power over the actual series. As for the actress, I have absolutely no idea where to even start.
Fiona Pond
Personally, I have no problem with the idea of a female doctor. I can _maybe_ see where people might take issue--but meh.

As for race. I find it thoroughly preposterous that someone who can suddenly become a different height, different build, different apparant age, different personality quirks, so thoroughly different would somehow be limited in possible melanin level.

I'm willing to argue about whether women and men are fundamentally different. I am not prepared to entertain that the genetics of race are sufficiently relevant to preclude Doctorhood.

I'm not saying that in the Whovian universe, there is anything standing in the way of the Doctor being female, Middle Eastern, African, or Silurian. I am simply saying that in our universe, portraying a character who has for eleven generations been portrayed as a British man, to suddenly change the sex, skin tone, or even accent would be more bothersome than it's worth. In particular, Time Lords appear to have some power over how they regenerate, so unless the Doctor, at the moment of 'death', has some prepossession to become a girl or a Mexican, he overall seems to lean toward the Englishman's appearance, and there's no reason why that should change.

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PruBlue
They could do a little special. Sort of like an alternate ending while we wait for the actual series to start back up again. A nice couple of episodes to busy us Whovians that has no real power over the actual series. As for the actress, I have absolutely no idea where to even start.

He wants to be a ginger, so start there. Get a natural ginger or have a really good actress dye her hair ginger.

Seeker

4,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
thats a great idea the 11th might of been a gril

Dapper Informer

Theangelwatcher
He wants to be a ginger, so start there. Get a natural ginger or have a really good actress dye her hair ginger. Yes and just because The Doctor is a girl she shouldn't be all over any man that passes by, so maybe a character with elements of Donna and her sexuality can be a bit like Jack to shake things up (since she was a he for so long)

5,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Remember when the 11th Doctor was freaking out because he thought he was a girl? That was funny.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think it would be funny if they had The Master regenerate into a female or an alien, The Doctor's reaction would most likely be priceless as would The Master's. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff