Welcome to Gaia! ::

I REALLY miss David Tennant. I love Matt Smith, but there was just something about David Tennant. Was it his attitude? Maybe it was the way he dressed. I just know that I miss him quite a lot. heart

Witty Lunatic

Yeah I Know What You Mean.... But I Sort Of Like Matt Way More... LOL

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
It's not Matt that I don't like, it's just the stories written for his Doctor. I'm sorry Series 5 and 6 were just no where near as good as the series that came before. I mean River being Amy's daughter and that she had timelord abilities. Sorry...no, just no.

Colorful Smoker

I like Matt as the Doctor but ya I miss David too. He is so hot! heart emotion_yatta emotion_kirakira
Me too crying

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
blaugh blaugh

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I generally like Steven Moffat's work, and Matt Smith isn't a bad Doctor, but Tennant's Doctor was more...would charismatic be the right word? Powerful maybe? I mean, the episodes starring Tennant's Doctor seemed to regularly elicit a very strong emotional tug on the audience, regularly eliciting feelings sadness, fear or triumph as appropriate to the mood of the episode or scene. To this day the conversation between the Doctor and Lazarus in the cathedral at the end of "The Lazarus Experiment" is still one of my favorites for this very reason. Matt Smith has been able to pull this off at times (especially at the end of the first episode introducing the "Silence" beings in Day of the Moon, or Vincent and the Doctor), but a lot of the arcs of the story have either lacked this same tug, or attempts at this have been undermined, for a variety of reasons. (Such as a lack of payoff (like, of I don't know, an actual battle, as opposed to the skirmish we saw, or the whole reveling of a dark side of the Doctor's persona, as was hinted at previously, instead of him essentially just making fools of an army of fools) from the building tension for the Battle of Demons Run in "A Good Man Goes to War" wink Further, I feel like this has also been undermined by some of the convolutedness of the plots, and characterization of the Doctor as simply a foolish old man. I realize this is the Doctor Who universe, and thus some degree of convolutedness with regards to time travel might be expected, but Moffat's style of doing so is very...inelegant. Just look at the abuse of time paradoxes in The Pandorica and The Big Bang, where two Doctors earlier Rose causing one time paradox almost destroyed part of the universe, and almost killed several people, including the Doctor. This little bit of continuity seems to have simply vanished. So instead of generally elegant and powerful, we have somewhat inelegant, and more than a little depressing at times, with greater quirkiness being expected to compensate. And really, this just doesn't cut it with me.

10,500 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Popular Thread 100
I miss Tom Baker.
I think that we can all at least agree that we love the Doctor, right? heart

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
David should dye his hair ginger and come back with his Scotish accent xD

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
twilightwyrm
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I generally like Steven Moffat's work, and Matt Smith isn't a bad Doctor, but Tennant's Doctor was more...would charismatic be the right word? Powerful maybe? I mean, the episodes starring Tennant's Doctor seemed to regularly elicit a very strong emotional tug on the audience, regularly eliciting feelings sadness, fear or triumph as appropriate to the mood of the episode or scene. To this day the conversation between the Doctor and Lazarus in the cathedral at the end of "The Lazarus Experiment" is still one of my favorites for this very reason. Matt Smith has been able to pull this off at times (especially at the end of the first episode introducing the "Silence" beings in Day of the Moon, or Vincent and the Doctor), but a lot of the arcs of the story have either lacked this same tug, or attempts at this have been undermined, for a variety of reasons. (Such as a lack of payoff (like, of I don't know, an actual battle, as opposed to the skirmish we saw, or the whole reveling of a dark side of the Doctor's persona, as was hinted at previously, instead of him essentially just making fools of an army of fools) from the building tension for the Battle of Demons Run in "A Good Man Goes to War" wink Further, I feel like this has also been undermined by some of the convolutedness of the plots, and characterization of the Doctor as simply a foolish old man. I realize this is the Doctor Who universe, and thus some degree of convolutedness with regards to time travel might be expected, but Moffat's style of doing so is very...inelegant. Just look at the abuse of time paradoxes in The Pandorica and The Big Bang, where two Doctors earlier Rose causing one time paradox almost destroyed part of the universe, and almost killed several people, including the Doctor. This little bit of continuity seems to have simply vanished. So instead of generally elegant and powerful, we have somewhat inelegant, and more than a little depressing at times, with greater quirkiness being expected to compensate. And really, this just doesn't cut it with me.

User ImageUser Image

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
x - - Dr-Sherlock
David should dye his hair ginger and come back with his Scotish accent xD

Maybe not come back as the Doctor cause he left the role of his own accord but I love the idea of David coming back to the show, dying his hair ginger, using his Scottish accent and being a temporary ally of some sort to the new Doctor.

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Rikku Hajime
twilightwyrm

User ImageUser Image

If I'm interpreting this image right, yes something like this.
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart crying heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
twilightwyrm
Rikku Hajime
twilightwyrm

User ImageUser Image

If I'm interpreting this image right, yes something like this.

That does seem to be what they are pointing at lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff