Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Wench

Kinny Fear

I've yet to see the final episode, but I'm looking forward to it.

Party Member

RADI0 Mouse
Kinny Fear

I've yet to see the final episode, but I'm looking forward to it.
User Image

Happy tears await you then. 3nodding
I found it immensely satisfying, although you will find plotholes. There's a list in the Fridge page for the episode of tvtropes.

Shirtless Wench

Kinny Fear

Oh, dear, really?!
Mind, I've kinda come to expect that from the series about now. XD
I don't mind - it's still the Doctor!

I can't wait. >w<
Must torrent when I get home to watch with the boy - then I will cry in his arms as he pats me on the head and quietly believes me to be pathetic. XD

Party Member

RADI0 Mouse
Oh, dear, really?!
Mind, I've kinda come to expect that from the series about now. XD
I don't mind - it's still the Doctor!

I can't wait. >w<
Must torrent when I get home to watch with the boy - then I will cry in his arms as he pats me on the head and quietly believes me to be pathetic. XD
User Image

It'll be... fantastic.

Shirtless Wench

OMG, is that foreshadowing?! IS THAT FORESHAD- *shot*

Party Member

RADI0 Mouse
OMG, is that foreshadowing?! IS THAT FORESHAD- *shot*
User Image

No, I wouldn't spoil like that. It's just what popped into my head. emotion_hug

Shirtless Wench

Kinny Fear

Ha ha, I figured so. >w<
Thank you! *snuggles*

Shy Pup

I was incredibly disappointed with "The Angels Take Manhatten". The inconsistency with the angels and the plot holes didn't help much either.

What was lacking for me in the Ponds farewell scene was some sort of slowly built set-up to the end, like in the RTD-era. I mean we did know this was their last episode, but did they give us any clues at all leading to their fate? No? For me it was all too sudden, Moffat slams this in my face after the big jump-off-the-roof-together-scene and expects me to feel something, and suddenly it's all over. After the first climax with Amy and Rory jumping off the roof together, their farewell scene lost all it's power and it left me feeling unsatisfied.

If Moffat doesn't get his s**t together in the episodes with Oswin it's time for him to step off as a show runner. I liked his writing better when he wrote single episodes during RTD's time, but when he can't keep his consistency during four episodes it's a problem.
Captain Sway
Pretty sure Angels showed how poor of a writer Moffat is. There were plot holes the size of the Statue of Liberty.

I don't believe Moff is a terrible writer, especially if you've seen Sherlock or Jekyll. However I believe he is a poor writer for Doctor Who, but I will give him credit for coming up with some pretty scary episodes and concepts. Either way I prefer RTD over Moff for Doctor Who.

Dapper Genius

starlight and crimescenes
After the first climax with Amy and Rory jumping off the roof together, their farewell scene lost all it's power and it left me feeling unsatisfied.

That right there.
That was the dumbest move on Moff's part. It could have easily been written as the conclusion of the whole Rory and Amy thing, but instead they decided to do such a dramatic scene and then not have that as the ending but instead tack on a shitty graveyard ending scene that possibly could have been more effective if we hadn't already seen the mutual suicide one.

Quotable Explorer

l The Eleventh Doctor l
starlight and crimescenes
After the first climax with Amy and Rory jumping off the roof together, their farewell scene lost all it's power and it left me feeling unsatisfied.

That right there.
That was the dumbest move on Moff's part. It could have easily been written as the conclusion of the whole Rory and Amy thing, but instead they decided to do such a dramatic scene and then not have that as the ending but instead tack on a shitty graveyard ending scene that possibly could have been more effective if we hadn't already seen the mutual suicide one.

Exactly. That just didn't make much sense to me. After all the times they killed off Rory anyway, killing them off more than once in an episode didn't work very well. I'm sure that whole concept would have worked much better had it been any other companion, but Rory... Plus, just the way those scenes were written didn't have the effect it could have.
I really don't pay attention much to writers of episodes. As long as the episode is good, it's good. All writers have their ups and downs, so I just pay attention to the story, not the writer.

But I will admit, I have an attachment to Moffat. He writes all the scary episodes, and I like scary episodes. I didn't happen to find any plot holes in Angels Take Manhattan, and I'm a critic, so I have a good eye for those things. Sure, Moffat's made some bad episodes, but so has RTD. I like plenty of RTD's episodes as well, by the way. Both had to be pretty good to write for Doctor Who, don't forget.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff