Welcome to Gaia! ::

They had angels looking at each other!
Also? I am developing an urge to smash statues.
They keep doing it!!!

Angels cannot look at each other.

Also? Spoiler: How the heck could the Statue of Liberty get through New York without anyone looking?

Eloquent Streaker

First, it's possible that each Angel didn't actually know the other could see it. Or it was just the camera angles.

Second, I really wish they'd have someone actually KILL a Weeping Angel. It has to be doable; just destroy the statue.

Third, you'll notice that a.) it was 1938, meaning not nearly as many people living in New York, and b.) it only moved at night, when everyone is asleep.

Dapper Browser

In 1938, the State of Liberty was briefly closed for repairs. So that may explain why she was able to move around with little notice from the public during that time.

The Weeping Angels are quantum-locked, which means that you can't kill them in the normal way. Can't smash 'em or take a wrecking ball to 'em or whatever. As far as I can understand it, they probably simply exist on a different plane of perception, making them immune to damage on this plane. If that makes any sense.

Lonely Bookworm

Besides what everyone else said, I think it was more about saying good-bye to Amy and Rory rather then a proper Weeping Angel Episode.

Because they weren't stressing the whole "Don't Blink" thing as much as they normally do, they were just trying to find out why Rory dies (Again).

Witty Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
Nyrissa
Besides what everyone else said, I think it was more about saying good-bye to Amy and Rory rather then a proper Weeping Angel Episode.

Because they weren't stressing the whole "Don't Blink" thing as much as they normally do, they were just trying to find out why Rory dies (Again).

I swear, Rory must be a cat.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Requiem in Mortis
First, it's possible that each Angel didn't actually know the other could see it. Or it was just the camera angles.

Second, I really wish they'd have someone actually KILL a Weeping Angel. It has to be doable; just destroy the statue.

Third, you'll notice that a.) it was 1938, meaning not nearly as many people living in New York, and b.) it only moved at night, when everyone is asleep.
There were 3 1/2 million people living in NYC then (well, in 1940, close enough.) I find it preposterous to think that everyone was asleep or that no one noticed that the giant statue in the harbor was missing.

Of what material are the Angels composed? It may be indestructible by any means known to man or Time Lord, succumbing only to entropy as we have seen.

Newbie Explorer

I didn't really pay attention to see if they were looking at each other or not. Basically the whole point of the episode was to get rid of Amy and Rory.

Eloquent Streaker

Ratttking
Requiem in Mortis

There were 3 1/2 million people living in NYC then (well, in 1940, close enough.) I find it preposterous to think that everyone was asleep or that no one noticed that the giant statue in the harbor was missing.

Of what material are the Angels composed? It may be indestructible by any means known to man or Time Lord, succumbing only to entropy as we have seen.
The material seems to vary depending on the Angel- some are made of stone, others metal. But they're not indestructible; the guy who captured an Angel in his house had been able to inflict injuries on said Angel. It's literally just a statue until you look away from it; just smash it or blow it up.

Party Member

User Image

And what about the pictures on the Statute of Liberty everywhere! And what about all those scenes in movies and tv filmed at the fountain with the Angel of the Waters?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Soooo many images.

Party Member

Requiem in Mortis
The material seems to vary depending on the Angel- some are made of stone, others metal. But they're not indestructible; the guy who captured an Angel in his house had been able to inflict injuries on said Angel. It's literally just a statue until you look away from it; just smash it or blow it up.
User Image

But it also exists on a quantum scale. I'm sure it can resist being destroyed completely, or else the Doctor could have easily snapped its arm off in Grayle's office.

Salmay
They had angels looking at each other!

Yeah that happens

Kyoku's Fangirl

Desirable Felis catus

21,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
indeed angels do get tricked

Divine Lionheart

14,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Moffat has never been consistent with the Weeping Angels even though they've been in only 4 episodes so far.

The episode showed that people around the city KNEW about the Weeping Angels (the people staring out the window at Rory and River when they went to talk to the collector dude) and even knew how to stop them from moving (the little girl did a peekaboo gesture at Rory). The Statue of Liberty made noises when it was walking, I find it hard to believe no one in NYC didn't look around to find the source (or how about other angels looking at the Statue itself? There are a lot of statues in NYC and the Statue is pretty visible). Also, there were other people around when the Statue was at Winter Quay, there were cars driving around on the road below.

If the episode is going to be set in New York City which is proclaimed in the episode to be 'The City that Never Sleeps', how in the world does it not make sense to not have someone watching a statue at all times?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff