yes 0.54929577464789 54.9% [ 39 ]
no 0.084507042253521 8.5% [ 6 ]
mab 0.36619718309859 36.6% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Dangerous Loiterer

VHongo
Caerthakatha
I think [Eccleston's] quite versatile, and so he understandably got annoyed by being typecast and restricted by the role of the Doctor.

How was he type cast and restricted by being The Doctor? He had every choice in the world to refuse the role if he had other things going.
And as for coming across as an a****le, It may have been a stereotype, but it could have also been the way he is. I mean, he was invited back for a part in the 50th special, a ONCE in a lifetime thing, and he simply refused. I might not fully understand his point of view, but most people say they are so honored when they get asked back for a part of a role in an episode.
From my PoV, he could have at least gone to humour the Who-niverse despite his personal interests.
He's stated that he loved the role but felt really constrained whilst doing it, which is why he doesn't want to go back to it. He's known for taking on lots of roles, and he said that the filming was so long and intense that he couldn't go and film other things when he'd finished with Doctor Who for the day, which meant he would only be seen as the Doctor whenever he was doing it. That's why he only lasted one series and why it's commonly said that he and the crew had 'artistic differences': they wanted him to focus on Doctor Who, and he wanted to have side-projects going.

Daring Witch

18,925 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm really looking forward to seeing Peter Capaldi in the role, more than just post-regen, like at the end of the last episode with Matt Smith. Guy kind of looks like my father, who has actually been dead for 25 or so years.

I also have a lot of love for, of course, Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, also I really liked Colin Baker as Six and Sylvester MacCoy as Seven. Not a fan of Five though.

Pretty much every Doctor since Five has won my approval, including the eighth Doctor Paul McGann. Also really like Patrick Troughton, though that may just be because I love his Scottish Companion, Jamie.

Clean Businesswoman

8,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
  • Millionaire 200
Apparently he played Isacc's dad in Teen wolf.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff