Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been wondering this for a while now.
For those who has seen the classic Doctor Who they will remember that it was said that he had 12 regenerations. In fact one of the movies had the Master at the end of all of his.

With the popularity of Doc who i can't see the BBC sticking to this and ending the show. I'm sure i read somewhere that they have found a way around it (even if that means just forgetting that 12 had been ever mentioned).
I would love to see this addressed in the show, and could have already been changed without the viewers noticing. I think if it is going to come up it may link in to what happened during the episode 'The end of time'.

What do you think?
Will they explain it, and if they do how??

(sorry if there have already been topics on this)
*THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SEASON 6*

I've always wondered if they might use River's 'transfer' of her regenerations to The Doctor as a way to explain it. Would it mean he has a whole new cycle? Have the number of regenerations that River had left? It's certainly been something a lot of people have pointed fingers at as a reason to continue his regenerations on.

I'm wondering more about The Valeyard. He showed up during the Sixth Doctor's tenure, and even though they had a good plot hook for him, he never did show up again. I've always hoped that they might bring him back in an effort to explain The Doctor's growing 'inner darkness'. Perhaps The Dream Lord was a prototype Valeyard?

Distinct Lunatic

8,875 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rule Number One:
The Doctor Lies

The Eleventh Doctor has stated that he has 507 regenerations...
But who knows! Maybe they'll work it in 3nodding That would be awesome, but I don't think they'd limit themselves again. Because we know (Warning> River Song Spoilers) River has regenerated AT LEAST twice, we've seen it twice I believe. So that'd give him about 10 more (Though, I believe they went into bringing him back to life, as she wouldn't have had to give him all she had left if he didn't need them to just come back.) which yes, might be enough but it's gone on for 50 years... I don't know that they'd try to limit it again. Just in case.
Rixao Zendial

I've always wondered if they might use River's 'transfer' of her regenerations to The Doctor as a way to explain it. Would it mean he has a whole new cycle? Have the number of regenerations that River had left? It's certainly been something a lot of people have pointed fingers at as a reason to continue his regenerations on.

I'm wondering more about The Valeyard. He showed up during the Sixth Doctor's tenure, and even though they had a good plot hook for him, he never did show up again. I've always hoped that they might bring him back in an effort to explain The Doctor's growing 'inner darkness'. Perhaps The Dream Lord was a prototype Valeyard?

The whole River regeneration transfer thing is certainly on the list of things that could be used explain additional regenerations. But i wasn't sure how many times she could regenerate as she is a human with time lord DNA, I'm not sure how much of her is human and how much is not. But it would be a easy way to get 9 or 10 more regenerations xp

(Shamefully) i completely missed the parallels between The Valeyard and The Dream Lord. But your right The Valeyard was a really interesting character which, as i remember, was very quickly abandoned. It would be great to see him making a return in some form. The BBC do like to bring old characters back.
Well (spoiler) in the 7th season I'm guessing we will see if there is a 12th regeneration because there the fall of the 11th in the fields of Transalore. Plus the 10th regenerated twice, the first time when he regenerated from being the 9th and the second time when he was hit by a Dalek's beam but he put the rest of the regenerative energy into his hand. so could we count that as one of the regenerations?

Swashbuckling Knight

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
In regards to the Valeyard, There are a few things...the Dream Lord could be that aspect of his personality. Also, it is possible the Valeyard will no longer come to be due to the time war (The Time War changed everything). I did like that in The Waters of Mars, you do have the Doctor with a Valeyard-esque moment with the whole "Time Lord Triumphant" speech.

Wealthy Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Rixao Zendial

that what I think too, there will use the rest of rivers regenerations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff