Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Hunter

x0_FATIMAGIC
Garuzero
ChibiOmi
Garuzero

I don't think that wedding was meant to be love.
I mean, she tries to kill him after.
She is a manipulator (sex is a woman's best weapon)
She never seems to show that feeling either. so no issue on either end

Right, but this is what the Doctor want. She must kill him.
Maybe you right but it annoys me that she is his wife. Because i cant see any special relationship to her.

Hm, perhaps. I just never saw her thinking of him as her husband.
They were friends and someone she trusted. But even when she "died" she didn't seem to be as wife-like as people might have wanted. That's just me....
And maybe next season they'll explain further.

Umm...are you guys implying that River pretended to be attracted to the Doctor just to kill him? Because I have to say, this is just flat-out not true. Come to think of it, the majority of the romantic scenes we see between the two of them take place after she killed him, which she was brainwashed for more than half of her life to do. She doesn't meet him in chronological order.

In fact, the first time she killed him, she ended up giving up her remaining regenerations to save his life. And the second time, he had to beg her to do it because it was a fixed point in time. Also, she died saving his life. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

Plus, he begged for her not to be harmed after she'd given him the first death sentence. That's love. And I'm not saying River is his "one and only", because I don't think he was one. But they do love eachother, IMO.

no no no. you are right about that. But I'm saying that she probably wouldn't care if she was married to him. And somehow I don't see them as a real attraction. More like very caring friends.
I was having this conversation with a friend earlier and I agree with her, it seems like the writers were just forcing the relationship. I saw it maybe once in The day he died but other than that it felt like she took responsibility for his death in Lets Kill Hitler.
The "Hello sweetie" was like a "Here it's me" thing and they just knew each other. And she is connected to the Tardis.....

Not saying it isn't possible but it doesn't seem there. At least not like how it was with Rose or Mary Jane. She has a sort of distance like Donna where maybe she belongs with someone else, better.
Garuzero
x0_FATIMAGIC
Garuzero
ChibiOmi
Garuzero

I don't think that wedding was meant to be love.
I mean, she tries to kill him after.
She is a manipulator (sex is a woman's best weapon)
She never seems to show that feeling either. so no issue on either end

Right, but this is what the Doctor want. She must kill him.
Maybe you right but it annoys me that she is his wife. Because i cant see any special relationship to her.

Hm, perhaps. I just never saw her thinking of him as her husband.
They were friends and someone she trusted. But even when she "died" she didn't seem to be as wife-like as people might have wanted. That's just me....
And maybe next season they'll explain further.

Umm...are you guys implying that River pretended to be attracted to the Doctor just to kill him? Because I have to say, this is just flat-out not true. Come to think of it, the majority of the romantic scenes we see between the two of them take place after she killed him, which she was brainwashed for more than half of her life to do. She doesn't meet him in chronological order.

In fact, the first time she killed him, she ended up giving up her remaining regenerations to save his life. And the second time, he had to beg her to do it because it was a fixed point in time. Also, she died saving his life. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

Plus, he begged for her not to be harmed after she'd given him the first death sentence. That's love. And I'm not saying River is his "one and only", because I don't think he was one. But they do love eachother, IMO.

no no no. you are right about that. But I'm saying that she probably wouldn't care if she was married to him. And somehow I don't see them as a real attraction. More like very caring friends.
I was having this conversation with a friend earlier and I agree with her, it seems like the writers were just forcing the relationship. I saw it maybe once in The day he died but other than that it felt like she took responsibility for his death in Lets Kill Hitler.
The "Hello sweetie" was like a "Here it's me" thing and they just knew each other. And she is connected to the Tardis.....

Not saying it isn't possible but it doesn't seem there. At least not like how it was with Rose or Mary Jane. She has a sort of distance like Donna where maybe she belongs with someone else, better.

You mean Sarah Jane.

And for me, it's the complete opposite. And I've actually struggled with this for quite a while, but the reason why I don't see the "epic romance" between Rose and the Doctor is because it only gets to me during the Bad Wolf Bay scenes. I don't see it otherwise.

With him and River, I see it on an episodic basis. And honestly, when you live as long as the Doctor has, you're bound to fall in love with more than one person. So I do believe he that loved Rose (even though I hardly ever see it--I see them as just good friends), and he loves River. But I don't think either are his "one and only" or anything like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff