Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicked Sex Symbol

16,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
So, am I the only one whose noticed that this Doctor is seriously like an older version of the Tenth Doctor? Like personality wise and all that. And the first episode was a basic remake of the Madame De Pompadour episode with Rose, and the second episode was a remake of the first Dalek episode. Seriously, a not so bad Dalek telling the Doctor he'd be a good Dalek?

I swear, if Moffet is doing all this Rose hinting and Rose doesn't come back I'm bombing his home classified_fu

O.G. Gaian

The first of the series was a sequel to The Girl In The Fireplace -- didn't you catch when he specifically mentioned the ship Madame de Pompadour, near the end?

As for the dalek, when they said they found it just floating, broken, through space, my first thought was that it was Oswin -- Clara, from the asylum. Impossible girl, after all. *shrug* Different ending, too.

And, no, I didn't notice that he's like Tenant's Doctor, probably because there's supposed to be a bit of similarity (considering they're, y'know, the same person in the first place), and "a bit" is all there really is, as far as I can tell.

Dedicated Hunter

Personally he reminds me of the 4th doctor Tom Baker, but overall he is his own doctor and his personality will only grow and become more obvious over time

Adventuring Newb

18,225 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Team Josie 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sAVING EPISODE 3 FOR TO NIGHT,OOH i'M SOOO EXCITED,pETER cAPALDI heart

Tasty Cat

9,800 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Trave sama
Personally he reminds me of the 4th doctor Tom Baker, but overall he is his own doctor and his personality will only grow and become more obvious over time

^^^^^

My thoughts exactly. Even my husband, who grew up watching the 4th Doctor, says that Peter Capaldi is very similar to Tom Baker as in how the Doctor acted. From the few I have seen of Tom Baker's Doctor, I agree with him.
He reminds me a bit more of the Sixth, kind of a jerk.

Four could be a bit ruthless, but a bit kinder.

Party Member

User Image

ugh NOT ROSE AGAIN

Party Member

Salmay
He reminds me a bit more of the Sixth, kind of a jerk.
User Image

YES User Image

Happy browni3s's Husband

Profitable Hunter

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Bookworm 100
Of the few episodes I've watched with Capadli, let's hope they broaden things out. Rose was good, but I don't want her to come back. I've seen enough Rose. I really don't even want Tennant's companions back until Moffat leaves. I am though, looking forward to more sass from him. And actual platonic relationship is a plus. I really hope they drop the promised land thing. I see those segments and I'm all like "NOOO, NO MORE OVERARCHING PLOTS. NO MORE M. KNIGHT SHAMALAN."

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Strawberry Pandalaura
So, am I the only one whose noticed that this Doctor is seriously like an older version of the Tenth Doctor? Like personality wise and all that. And the first episode was a basic remake of the Madame De Pompadour episode with Rose, and the second episode was a remake of the first Dalek episode. Seriously, a not so bad Dalek telling the Doctor he'd be a good Dalek?

I swear, if Moffet is doing all this Rose hinting and Rose doesn't come back I'm bombing his home classified_fu

Er, no offence but I really think you're reaching. Monster return all the time without hinting toward a particular character. The return of the Clockwork droids could have been done better but it was in now way a repeat of the previous story with them.

The second episode was more like the Ninth's Doctor's first encounter with the Daleks not the Tenths and again the there really was no comparison. One was the "last" Dalek and he chose to end his life when he felt he couldn't continue on as a true Dalek. This one ended up choosing to hunt down the other Daleks.

He doesn't much seem like Ten to me. He doesn't seem to have that steady of a characterization yet. Different episode we see different things. In Deep Breath and Listen he seemed like 11. In Enter the Dalek he seemed more like 9 especially with his declining Blue. Robots of Sherwood we got a little bit of 10, 4 and 6.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I haven't seen any Classic Who yet, so I can't compare him to those Doctors, but he does not remind me of the 10th. He's a cranky old man, not a silly lovable young guy.

Party Member

Virgo Whiskers
I haven't seen any Classic Who yet, so I can't compare him to those Doctors, but he does not remind me of the 10th. He's a cranky old man, not a silly lovable young guy.
User Image

you know you need to remedy that.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Kinny Fear
Virgo Whiskers
User Image

you know you need to remedy that.

I promise, I full intend to. I just got caught up on New Who, so I'm ready to start Classic now.

Party Member

Virgo Whiskers

I promise, I full intend to. I just got caught up on New Who, so I'm ready to start Classic now.
User Image

you don't need to see all of them, just get at least one classic doctor in your head- 6. 12 is definitely the new 6.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff