Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
I never thought I would be as upset about a companion leaving after Rose. burning_eyes

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Clare_N

And at least they got to live to a ripe old age, albeit outside their original time. Which is more than can be said for Adric. In fact, I'd have to say Adric's ending was probably the most tragic ever featured in the series, not only because he was so young (though that was part of it) but because there was no need for him to stay on the freighter in the first place. In a way, it was his own ignorance of Earth history (or rather prehistory) that proved to be his downfall.

Back to Amy and Rory. After all they'd been through during their time with the Doctor, it was almost inevitable that their departure would involve something pretty major. Though how Amy managed to get the Angel to take her to the same point in time where Rory ended up is something of a mystery - I've a feeling a few fanfics will be written about this.

So the Ponds are gone. But at least we've got the Christmas episode and the introduction of a new companion to look forward to.

maybe the angels have a soft spot for love? ninja
They did say this angel was weak... could have played a role?

That said about their "end" not being that tragic, I did still cry

I haven't actually seen any of the christmas episodes. I feel like I really should, cause they are referenced in the series more than any other episode

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
LooKat
mintiswirl
I had for real tears falling from my eyes, I kinda expected them to do something drastic, but it was such a surprise.
I couldn't breathe when that Angel took Rory, and I was in tears again when I thought about who would have to tell Rory's dad

We already saw that scene. The Doctor already tells Brian that the Ponds don't die. The episodes are out of order. The Doctor already knew the Ponds' fate in the earlier episodes this season.

New to Who. I've only seen a few episodes, enough to like the Ponds

Party Member

Clare_N
Though how Amy managed to get the Angel to take her to the same point in time where Rory ended up is something of a mystery - I've a feeling a few fanfics will be written about this.
User Image

It was the same Angel that touched Rory, of course they'd go to the same time/place. This has been established, in Blink.

Party Member

LooKat
We already saw that scene. The Doctor already tells Brian that the Ponds don't die. The episodes are out of order. The Doctor already knew the Ponds' fate in the earlier episodes this season.
User Image

User Image No.

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
<<< Cried.
I haven't cried like that since Rose. I think I will always have a soft spot for the girl that gave the Doctor a family. Amelia Pond: probably the luckiest girl in the entire universe. Imaginary friend was the Doctor, had the Doctor looking after her since she was a little girl and most of her life. Became best friends with the Doctor, had a guy that waited for her for 2000 years. Mother of a 1/2 Time Lord. Mother-in-law to the LAST Time Lord. Lots of other stuff that should be mentioned... but not going to go through all of it.
What an amazing amazing life.
And I don't really see it as her dying. She chose to live with the man she loved. I bet they had a wonderful life in old New York. For time travelers, living in another century isn't really a big deal - not seeing her daughter and the Doctor was probably the only downside out of the deal.

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
LooKat
mintiswirl
I had for real tears falling from my eyes, I kinda expected them to do something drastic, but it was such a surprise.
I couldn't breathe when that Angel took Rory, and I was in tears again when I thought about who would have to tell Rory's dad

The shows were in order.
The Doctor did not know what was going to happen, he was promising Rory's dad that he would not let them be killed.

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Did anyone else feel like this was a bit rushed? Like they could have stretched it out between two episodes easily? They never properly explain the mafia type guy who knows where Angel hotel is, or how he'd managed to keep the angels in the basement, or where was his thugs when the Dr. and Amy come to save River & Rory.

Also I felt that the Statue of Liberty was kinda...corny? I mean there's just no f'ing way in "the city that never sleeps" that giant a** statue is gonna walk and no one is gonna look at it so it can walk all the way into Manhattan without being noticed.
Kassavdra
LooKat
mintiswirl

The shows were in order.
The Doctor did not know what was going to happen, he was promising Rory's dad that he would not let them be killed.

No they were not in order. They referenced Amy marrying Henry the VIII (?) in an episode before the cube episode where the doctor takes amy and rory to Henry the VIII's castle and they hide under the bed. Look it up. I'm right.
Kinny Fear
LooKat
User Image

User Image No.

YES they ARE! Pay attention! They reference meeting Henry the VIII (?) in episode before the slow invasion with the cubes where they actually show them being in Henry the VIII's bedroom. Pay attention! The Doctor goes back and visits Amy and Rory's timeline knowing that they will soon be whisked away by the weeping angel. That's why he spends time with them in their world.

Party Member

LooKat
YES they ARE! Pay attention! They reference meeting Henry the VIII (?) in episode before the slow invasion with the cubes where they actually show them being in Henry the VIII's bedroom. Pay attention! The Doctor goes back and visits Amy and Rory's timeline knowing that they will soon be whisked away by the weeping angel. That's why he spends time with them in their world.
User Image

For christsake, the moment you're referring to happens in Power of Three, yes? Then the Doctor asks to stay with them. When the Doctor leaves, he takes them with him.
Besides, THE DOCTOR CAN'T GO BACK ON HIS OWN TIMELINE.

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Mishi Love
Did anyone else feel like this was a bit rushed? Like they could have stretched it out between two episodes easily? They never properly explain the mafia type guy who knows where Angel hotel is, or how he'd managed to keep the angels in the basement, or where was his thugs when the Dr. and Amy come to save River & Rory.

Also I felt that the Statue of Liberty was kinda...corny? I mean there's just no f'ing way in "the city that never sleeps" that giant a** statue is gonna walk and no one is gonna look at it so it can walk all the way into Manhattan without being noticed.

I agree with you about Lady Liberty. Clearly someone got the idea that it would be cool for her to be an angel, and then they decided they had to do it without thinking it through.

I honesty think the writing has gotten a bit sloppy of late.

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
IX Odysseia IX
<<< Cried.
I haven't cried like that since Rose. I think I will always have a soft spot for the girl that gave the Doctor a family. Amelia Pond: probably the luckiest girl in the entire universe. Imaginary friend was the Doctor, had the Doctor looking after her since she was a little girl and most of her life. Became best friends with the Doctor, had a guy that waited for her for 2000 years. Mother of a 1/2 Time Lord. Mother-in-law to the LAST Time Lord. Lots of other stuff that should be mentioned... but not going to go through all of it.
What an amazing amazing life.
And I don't really see it as her dying. She chose to live with the man she loved. I bet they had a wonderful life in old New York. For time travelers, living in another century isn't really a big deal - not seeing her daughter and the Doctor was probably the only downside out of the deal.

Yes, I didn't see them as dying either. They got to live out their lives together, just not in the time in which they started. If one or the other had died or they had been separated, that would have broken my heart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff