Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is some of the Rose lovers.
I was reading this article about the 50th anniversary episode and was stupid enough to have a look at the comments.

Boy oh boy, never doing that ever again.

This one girl, Sivot told everyone and anyone who opposed the idea of Rose disgusting and at one point told someone they shouldn't have children.

It was... Disgusting.

I honestly hope that Whovians do not see all Rose lovers like this.

I am one myself and if other people don't like her I'm perfectly okay with that.
It actually opens up for good discussion on why people don't like certain characters, or ships or whatever.

It's honestly just a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinions, so, why do people get their panties in such a twist over something so trivial?

Raider

It's not just the Rose lovers. Lots of fans of fictional characters get passionate over absurd trivialities, as, well, fans of anything do.

People are absurd.
It's very simple. Bitches be crazy.

Why do people cut other people off in traffic? Why do people find The Jersey Shore entertaining? Why do people do any of the dumb things they do?

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Rose haters can be just as bad. (or Amy lovers, River haters, Martha haters, etc.)

I don't like Rose, but I have nothing against people who do like her, as long as they are a civil human beings that are kind and courteous to other Whovians with differing opinions.

Though incredibly shallow fans who only like certain Doctors or companions just based on how hot they think they are also drive me up the wall. But it also happens that they are often the rude obsessive types as well.
Yeah, I know.
The vile things that were being typed by that person was what got me though.
Ceaen
Rose haters can be just as bad. (or Amy lovers, River haters, Martha haters, etc.)

I don't like Rose, but I have nothing against people who do like her, as long as they are a civil human beings that are kind and courteous to other Whovians with differing opinions.

Though incredibly shallow fans who only like certain Doctors or companions just based on how hot they think they are also drive me up the wall. But it also happens that they are often the rude obsessive types as well.

Yeah, I don't particularly like Amy, but to be honest- I'm not going to jump on the back of anybody who does.
I also really don't understand the people who like a character based on the actor's looks are that obsessive and kinda actually creepy about it.
Kinda freaks me out a little obsessed people can be.
D:

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Anesthesia_PROLIFIC

I also really don't understand the people who like a character based on the actor's looks are that obsessive and kinda actually creepy about it.

Oh the creepy fan fiction that exists gonk David Tennant is aware that it exists and it creeps him out knowing that people are writing that sort of thing about a character he played.

Newbie Explorer

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. There is no reason to be rude to one another. We are all the same here in the sense that the majority of people on this forum love the Doctor.

Here are my opinions (I've seen Doctor's 9, 10, 11, and 1):

-I miss the 9th Doctor because he was my first Doctor.
-The 10th Doctor's cleverness and facial expressions are the best.
-I neither liked or disliked Rose. Like all companions, I was sad when she left.
-Martha was an ok companion but she really didn't do anything for me.
-I love Donna!
-As the series goes on I like the 11th Doctor more and more.
-Amy is too smart for her own good.
-I wish I had a boyfriend like Rory.
-River is getting on my nerves. The only time I liked her was when she shot the Doctor's fez.
-The 1st Doctor is ok but acts like an old man (he is old but the younger Doctors just seem more exciting).
-Susan screams and cries too much.
Anesthesia_PROLIFIC
Is some of the Rose lovers.
I was reading this article about the 50th anniversary episode and was stupid enough to have a look at the comments.

Boy oh boy, never doing that ever again.

This one girl, Sivot told everyone and anyone who opposed the idea of Rose disgusting and at one point told someone they shouldn't have children.

It was... Disgusting.

I am one myself and if other people don't like her I'm perfectly okay with that.
It actually opens up for good discussion on why people don't like certain characters, or ships or whatever.

It's honestly just a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinions, so, why do people get their panties in such a twist over something so trivial?

Okay. I don't like Rose, or Amy for that matter, and I'm not shy about it. I do, however, feel like if I didn't have great companions like Martha or Donna to compare her to, I might feel a bit different about Rose.

But never, EVER would I say something so vile to someone that I don't even know. In fact, one of my biggest pet peeves is CYBERBULLING.

Seriously, how many more people have to kill themselves before people like this realie that Cyberbullying is NOT OKAY?!

Hell, there's people like this in ever fandom, so I'm not exactly sure why comments like that surprise me anymore. I was in the Harry Potter forum, and some a*****e told another person to go cut themselves in the bathroom. And don't even get me started on the Twilight forum. Going there was a HUGE mistake. neutral

That said, I definitely don't think that all Rose lovers feel this way. I just don't really get why so many people love her, but I know better than to judge a group of people by the idiotic, gross words of one person.

I understand your anger, my friend. I'm actually pretty pissed right now, too.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yeah, there are lots of idiots out there, and they all spend too much time on the internet. I try to stay completely away from YouTube comments. I also avoid most of Gaia... except for some of the entertainment forums and even then I'm pretty selective about the threads I'll even click on.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Cespe
It's not just the Rose lovers. Lots of fans of fictional characters get passionate over absurd trivialities, as, well, fans of anything do.

People are absurd.
Anesthesia_PROLIFIC

Substitute the name Rose with Adric and you've neatly summed up my feelings on the subject of companion hate. Personally, I don't really have a problem with Rose and, as for Adric, I am part of the pro- camp. I use him in fanfiction a lot and, as I've stated on my fanfiction.net profile, I'm not going to say I hate him just because the majority of the fandom does. I mean, he could be a little know-it-all and he did suffer some glaring lapses in common sense, but I've never found him to be as bad as people make out.

Basically, I feel that, if you like a character, that's all that should matter. How the character is perceived by the rest of the fandom shouldn't be an issue and people shouldn't let themselves be bullied into disliking that character or, at least, keeping their liking for the character private. People who hate any character are perfectly entitled to do so, but they are NOT entitled to bash anyone who happens to disagree with them.

In short, if someone likes a character you hate (or vice versa) just walk away and don't get into an argument about why the character sucks, or doesn't suck, in your opinion. Fighting about characters is pointless and shallow - it doesn't matter whether it's Rose, or Adric, or any other character.

Timely Traveler

Clare_N
Anesthesia_PROLIFIC

Substitute the name Rose with Adric and you've neatly summed up my feelings on the subject of companion hate. Personally, I don't really have a problem with Rose and, as for Adric, I am part of the pro- camp. I use him in fanfiction a lot and, as I've stated on my fanfiction.net profile, I'm not going to say I hate him just because the majority of the fandom does. I mean, he could be a little know-it-all and he did suffer some glaring lapses in common sense, but I've never found him to be as bad as people make out.

Basically, I feel that, if you like a character, that's all that should matter. How the character is perceived by the rest of the fandom shouldn't be an issue and people shouldn't let themselves be bullied into disliking that character or, at least, keeping their liking for the character private. People who hate any character are perfectly entitled to do so, but they are NOT entitled to bash anyone who happens to disagree with them.

In short, if someone likes a character you hate (or vice versa) just walk away and don't get into an argument about why the character sucks, or doesn't suck, in your opinion. Fighting about characters is pointless and shallow - it doesn't matter whether it's Rose, or Adric, or any other character.

wait, I feel a bit out of the loop. what's supposed to be wrong with adric? I don't know that I've seen a lot of episodes with him, but I thought he was just fine.
But then, I am a big fan of Rose too. And River.

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ceaen
Anesthesia_PROLIFIC

Oh the creepy fan fiction that exists gonk David Tennant is aware that it exists and it creeps him out knowing that people are writing that sort of thing about a character he played.

Omigosh! Did you see the FNP episode where they read some Doctor Who Fanfiction to Tennant?! His face was BRILLIANT, scared the heck outta him.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Humans will never cease to amaze me.

I like Rose. I'm fond of her. I'm totally of the opinion that she had a romantic friendship with the Doctor. :3

But to say that's disgusting? That's just far too powerful a word. My emotions for Rose aren't nearly as powerful as the word "disgusting." So that is ridiculous. neutral

I can't speak for anyone else, though, of course.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff