Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
1. The Master is makinig a return for series/season 7.

I give this a highly likely rating... 80-80%. Eleven has yet to meet him, and aside from Nine every Doctor has. Also his status is "unknown/???".

This is also partially supported by the fact that BBC3 is choosing to re-air series/season 3 of NuWho... aka the "Mister Saxon" Arc.

2. It was also hinted at that if/when The Master were to return (see Rumor 1), it would result in a regeneration.

As sad as this is for many fans who do like Simm's Master, he was really tailored towards Ten, so I personally have mixed feelings about this.

3. Now this is REALLY a rumor, but I have read that Benedict Cumberbatch, ie Sherlock Holmes of BBC's Sherlock is to be the new Master.

Confirmations?

Contradictions?

Thoughts?

Too bad we can't Vote Saxon here in the US emo
meatballhead15

I give this a highly likely rating... 80-80%. Eleven has yet to meet him, and aside from Nine every Doctor has. Also his status is "unknown/???".

This is also partially supported by the fact that BBC3 is choosing to re-air series/season 3 of NuWho... aka the "Mister Saxon" Arc.

2. It was also hinted at that if/when The Master were to return (see Rumor 1), it would result in a regeneration.

As sad as this is for many fans who do like Simm's Master, he was really tailored towards Ten, so I personally have mixed feelings about this.

3. Now this is REALLY a rumor, but I have read that Benedict Cumberbatch, ie Sherlock Holmes of BBC's Sherlock is to be the new Master.

Confirmations?

Contradictions?

Thoughts?

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm personally a huge fan of The Master. He's the Yang to The Doctor's Yin and together they make a complete set.

Should they ever (gasp) work together on something, like they did when defeating Rassilon... pure brilliance and genius, but they have close to 900 years worth of bitter feelings and fueding going on in the meanwhile.

My avi is equipped with both a Sonic Screwdriver and a Master's Pet Pendant, kind of my ode to both.
These rumors having been going on for a while, especially the Cumberbatch one. At a panel at comic con, Moffet was asked about Cumberbatch playing The Master. He said while that would be interesting, Simm has dibs on the character.
Wouldn't mind to see this particular rumour come true. The Master has always been a favourite character of mine. Although I'm not sure about Cumberbatch. He's kind of over-exposed with the Sherlock, War horse, etc, etc, etc.
But he's a fine actor, and would make a rather cultured, polite form of evil. twisted

Newbie Explorer

I hope the Master shows up in season 7 because we haven't seen him in a few seasons. Maybe Jack Harkness would randomly shows up for an episode or two. A new companion may show up as well since it is rumored (maybe confirmed I'm not sure) that Rory and Amy will be done early in the season. I wonder if Rose will be mentioned in this season since the Doctor is married now since he loved her so much.

Dear Dog

The Master will never go away. Never..!
Gotta bring back The Master, he's the bomb-diddly.

Heart Giver

13,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Person of Interest 200
If Benedict plays the Master;
"Hello, Doctor-"
"No D:"
"I'm back-"
"no no no WHY DO YOU GET TO BE GINGER?!"

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
That's brilliant XD Made me laugh.

Sparkling Potato
If Benedict plays the Master;
"Hello, Doctor-"
"No D:"
"I'm back-"
"no no no WHY DO YOU GET TO BE GINGER?!"

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Doctor Who and the Tardis by Craig Hurle
‎Matt Smith on Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch rumoured role as the Master for the 50th & his role as The Doctor :
"I know Ben and I've not heard anything about it. But he's a wonderful actor and a mate, I think he's a bit busy being a Star Trek villain, and he's Sherlock Holmes of course, so he's a busy man."
I LOVE the Master, so hopefully this is true..? And i think i love Benedict Cumberbatch even more for the role *u*

I agree that the old Master was a match for the old Doctor though, so it would be best (imo) if the actor changes, regardless of who ends up with the role.

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
meatballhead15

Confirmations?

Contradictions?

Thoughts?

Benedict might play as the Master because it'd be special for their 50th Anniversary, so it is a high likely.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I really would not see the point in the Master returning.

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I did want to say I love your signature.

Mycroft: Don't make me order you.
Sherlock: (reading his lips) I'd like to see you try *he resumes playing the violin as annoyingly as possible on purpose*

I do think Benedict would make a great Master. He has that kind of voice where I would basically do anything he told me to just because he told me to...

x - - Dr-Sherlock
meatballhead15

Confirmations?

Contradictions?

Thoughts?

Benedict might play as the Master because it'd be special for their 50th Anniversary, so it is a high likely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff