Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
I was updating my gaia status recently and I jotted down my short mental quip and realised that it sounded like somthing the doctor would say. And to be honest I'd love to here this as a line in the show.

"There are those that came before me, those that will come after me, but now, just for this moment... There is simply me and the universe."

So first I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on my little quip, and secondly I'm curious to here your ideas for what I'll be referring to as "Capaldi Qotes".

Manly Man-Lover

Watch it be something like Molto Bene or some sort of throwback to Pompeii.

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
TheQuietRiversRage

XD I know, i'm still trying to figure out how there going to work around the potential timeline cross due to his roll in an episode with the 10th doctor, the writers have made it a point that the doctor can't cross his own time line but due to the fact that 10 ran in to capaldi in pompeii well. yeah...

Manly Man-Lover

Hikashiro
TheQuietRiversRage

XD I know, i'm still trying to figure out how there going to work around the potential timeline cross due to his roll in an episode with the 10th doctor, the writers have made it a point that the doctor can't cross his own time line but due to the fact that 10 ran in to capaldi in pompeii well. yeah...
To my understanding, it isn't an isolated incident, as it happened before in one of the classic seasons. Unfortunately, I've started the first season on Hulu. but haven't returned to it yet. sweatdrop Eventually, but my hours were increased recently...

Quotable Explorer

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
how's this for a capaldi one liner, "Genius!"

Space Werewolf

I'm kind of hoping for no attempts at catchphrases this time around. I mean, I'm sure fans will pick up on certain quotes for T-shirts and buttons and ribbons and such, but I don't want the scripts trying to force anything; that's usually pretty awkward.

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Wildervast
I'm kind of hoping for no attempts at catchphrases this time around. I mean, I'm sure fans will pick up on certain quotes for T-shirts and buttons and ribbons and such, but I don't want the scripts trying to force anything; that's usually pretty awkward.

good point, I remember cringing when I first heard mat smith say bowties are cool and thinking to my self "oh god the show's become self aware." maybe capaldi shouldn't have any one-liners.

Space Werewolf

Hikashiro
Wildervast

good point, I remember cringing when I first heard mat smith say bowties are cool and thinking to my self "oh god the show's become self aware." maybe capaldi shouldn't have any one-liners.

Unless Capaldi himself wants them. I bet there are a few things he wants the Doctor to say at least once.

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Wildervast
Hikashiro
Wildervast

Unless Capaldi himself wants them. I bet there are a few things he wants the Doctor to say at least once.

I agree, I think every new actor that gets the chance to play the doctor has at least a few things in mind for what they would want there incarnation to be like.

Loyal Husband

5,025 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
So far I love the "am I a good man". But excited to see the new season. Been waiting to long emotion_donotwant

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I am not magician I AM DOCTOR! smile

Original Genius

8,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Personally, I shall be thouroughly disappointed if Capaldi's catchphrase isn't "********!"

Dapper Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
unless gaia's swear filter is broken I think you'd best be ready to deal with your disappointment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff