Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Spoilers!

My favorite scene in the whole special:

Clara: Doctor!? What's happening?

11th Doctor: It's just timey-whimey stuff.

War Doctor: Timey-whimey!? (wtf?)

10 Doctor: (with guilty look) I have no idea where he gets it..... ninja

Also, all 12 (No! 13!) doctors converging into one Moment to save "the planet"! Fantastic! Brilliant!

And Tom Baker at the end! lsdjfvnakndsjbfqdfncqiufhvnc!

Are you afraid of the big Bad Wolf?

Dangerous Loiterer

I seem to be the only one not having some kind of ridiculous fangasm. The entire thing felt forced.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

DO WE HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR NUMBERS NOW?!

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Caerthakatha
I seem to be the only one not having some kind of ridiculous fangasm. The entire thing felt forced.
The other Doctors showing up felt forced, but the rest was really awesome.

Dangerous Loiterer

Shirlox
Caerthakatha
The other Doctors showing up felt forced, but the rest was really awesome.

I just thought the entire thing was contrived and awkward. It's entirely why I stopped watching when Moffat rocked up and became head writer, because he really sucks at writing anything more than a one-off. This building arc was exactly how I expected it to be.

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Caerthakatha

It did feel a little choppy and rushed to me like they tried to push too much story into too little time. It could have benefited from an extra hour to flesh things out a bit more. The only weak point I thought was Clara. She's only there to tell the Doctor to use his brain and they never explained how she and the doctor left Trenzalore.

Dangerous Loiterer

xena91388
Caerthakatha

It did feel a little choppy and rushed to me like they tried to push too much story into too little time. It could have benefited from an extra hour to flesh things out a bit more. The only weak point I thought was Clara. She's only there to tell the Doctor to use his brain and they never explained how she and the doctor left Trenzalore.
That's Moffat for you. The show was ruined for me the minute he started writing more than the odd episode.

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Shirlox

The way Moffat explained it, the War Doctor is more of an 8.5 rather than 9.

Complete bullshit but easier than re-numbering everything that's been made/written about the Doctor's numbers since Eccleston first debuted on screen.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

xena91388
Shirlox

The way Moffat explained it, the War Doctor is more of an 8.5 rather than 9.

Complete bullshit but easier than re-numbering everything that's been made/written about the Doctor's numbers since Eccleston first debuted on screen.
I guess it works since he changes immediately at the end.

I was hoping that they had lied that Eccleston wasn't going to show but bah. I would have loved to see him at least shown up and said a couple lines and then take off. :<

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Caerthakatha
xena91388
Caerthakatha

That's Moffat for you. The show was ruined for me the minute he started writing more than the odd episode.

I wonder why a special this anticipated wasn't collabed with the other writers. Can you imagine if Davies and Gaiman worked on this special? I love the Gaiman episodes and Davies has written some real golden ones.

Dangerous Loiterer

xena91388
Caerthakatha
xena91388
Caerthakatha

I wonder why a special this anticipated wasn't collabed with the other writers. Can you imagine if Davies and Gaiman worked on this special? I love the Gaiman episodes and Davies has written some real golden ones.

Because Moffat is a bit of a t**t. The show is his plaything to pull around and ruin.

Magical Bear

10,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
That fez... redface
I thought it worked fantastically!!!
Now that I think about it, it may have seemed a little bit forced at some points, and maybe even too good to be true, but it made me smile and cheer and feel all warm and fuzzy inside all the same. 4laugh I think it was a very decent way to tie everything together, to be honest.

...Moffat does get a bit full of himself at times though, doesn't he? >.>

Dangerous Loiterer

Marina Elemento
...Moffat does get a bit full of himself at times though, doesn't he? >.>

It's because fans blow smoke up his arse and let him think the Angels are the best invention ever even though people have been doing statues that move when you blink even before him.

People have let his ego grow out of check.

Hallowed Survivor

Shirlox

No!
John hurt is counted as 8.5 from now on!
He was changed to the Warrior or whatever most of the time anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff