Welcome to Gaia! ::

Null
Get Fish or Die Tryin
Does anyone feel like they're playing interracial mind games?

No, I think the fact that Danny Pink and Journey Blue are Black has nothing to do with the Doctor's rule against 'soldiers'.

I think they introduced it early ("Into the Dalek" ), to build up to the blowup between the Doctor and Danny Pink, as well as what else they may have planned for them this season.

Sugary Daredevil

Get Fish or Die Tryin

Not at all, I feel like it more like a comparision between Danny and the Doctor

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
I think it's a call-back to his earlier appearances in the modern era.

From 10's era:

Doctor: Look, do you mind; could you stand back a bit?
Colonel: Sorry, have I done something wrong?
Doctor: You're carrying a gun, I don't like people with guns hanging around me alright?
Colonel: If you insist.
Martha: Tetchy.
Doctor: Well it's true.
Martha: He's a good man.
Doctor: People with guns are usually the enemy in my books.

And of course don't forget the Jenny episode:

Doctor: You belong here with them.
Donna: She belongs with us. With you, she's your daughter.
Doctor: She's a soldier; she came out of that machine.

Then later:

Doctor: Told you, nothing but a soldier.
Donna: She's trying to help.

There are other examples too; but the Doctor hasn't been a fan of soldiers in years. He'll work with them when necessary; but it's been established enough that when Capaldi said it I was relieved because I remembered him not being a great fan of soldiers.
ThatGirlFromGalifrey
Get Fish or Die Tryin
Null

Not at all, I feel like it more like a comparision between Danny and the Doctor

Null
Ryo Tarn
I think it's a call-back to his earlier appearances in the modern era.

From 10's era:

Doctor: Look, do you mind; could you stand back a bit?
Colonel: Sorry, have I done something wrong?
Doctor: You're carrying a gun, I don't like people with guns hanging around me alright?
Colonel: If you insist.
Martha: Tetchy.
Doctor: Well it's true.
Martha: He's a good man.
Doctor: People with guns are usually the enemy in my books.

And of course don't forget the Jenny episode:

Doctor: You belong here with them.
Donna: She belongs with us. With you, she's your daughter.
Doctor: She's a soldier; she came out of that machine.

Then later:

Doctor: Told you, nothing but a soldier.
Donna: She's trying to help.

There are other examples too; but the Doctor hasn't been a fan of soldiers in years. He'll work with them when necessary; but it's been established enough that when Capaldi said it I was relieved because I remembered him not being a great fan of soldiers.

I kind of think that's the cover-up. 3nodding
Kizu-Ato
Get Fish or Die Tryin

No, I think the fact that Danny Pink and Journey Blue are Black has nothing to do with the Doctor's rule against 'soldiers'.

I think they introduced it early ("Into the Dalek" ), to build up to the blowup between the Doctor and Danny Pink, as well as what else they may have planned for them this season.

As I said, the fact that Danny Pink and Journey Blue are Black has nothing to do with the Doctor's rule against 'soldiers'. . .seeing it as anything more is reading into it what really isn't there. . .

Blessed Survivor

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
The Doctor isn't much for soldiers, only when he has to rely on them, like with the Bridagier (if I have the correct spelling)
emmysailorstar
The Doctor isn't much for soldiers, only when he has to rely on them, like with the Bridagier (if I have the correct spelling)

It's Brigadier. If you want a quick way to remember it, go watch some of the Third Doctor's serials. There are a lot of great ones, plus they're in colour. The Doctor does get on famously with some soldiers, Lethbridge-Stewart and Sergeant Benton come to mind.
jakar_nilson
emmysailorstar

It's Brigadier. If you want a quick way to remember it, go watch some of the Third Doctor's serials. There are a lot of great ones, plus they're in colour. The Doctor does get on famously with some soldiers, Lethbridge-Stewart and Sergeant Benton come to mind.

Null
Get Fish or Die Tryin
jakar_nilson
emmysailorstar

I highly doubt it's purely coincidence that the soldiers the doctor doesn't like (at the moment) have been black. If anything, they're trying to prove he isn't racist and only dislikes Clara's boyfriend because he used to be a soldier. What's up with England's 'white guilt'? Did you guys have slaves too? Or was it influenced by all the american media?

I meant colour as in the episodes were broadcast in colour. Now I'm Canadian, but there is some shared history. While the British Empire did abolish slavery decades before the United States did, and tried its best to eradicate it during the 19th century, it was under its rule that Africans were displaced to North America and the West Indies (the Spanish, Portuguese and French did their part as well). During WWII, immigrants from the West Indies were actually fully integrated into the army, although native units (like say the King's East African Rifles) were segregated. There's class differences as well. But multiculturalism has been a thing post-war, given the influx of immigrants from the former colonies.

Party Member

Get Fish or Die Tryin
I highly doubt it's purely coincidence that the soldiers the doctor doesn't like (at the moment) have been black. If anything, they're trying to prove he isn't racist and only dislikes Clara's boyfriend because he used to be a soldier.

guess what! it's pure coincidence. you know full well the doctor has had black companions.
strangely, both these people turned out soldiers. so does he not like soldiers? not like black people? doesn't mind either? maybe it's just our favourite doctor who enemy, bad writing!

Get Fish or Die Tryin
What's up with England's 'white guilt'? Did you guys have slaves too? Or was it influenced by all the american media?
User Image

emotion_eyebrow what's up with your fixation on the colour of the actors' skins? have you opened a history book? have you heard of google?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff