Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
There's a rumor that:
Natalie Gumede might become the next companion, because she's the only character in the upcoming Christmas special who was given a full name (not just a first name) in the DWM preview. She's playing a character named Ashley Carter in that. Of course, her character being given a last name may mean nothing. But then there's also the magazine's preview for the January issue of DWM, which is going to have an article where "Jenna Coleman looks back at her time on Clara".

And here's the bookie odds:
Game Of Thrones star Rose Leslie, 27, is the favourite to become the Doctor’s next companion, according to the latest odds from Ladbrokes.

Odds of her stepping out of the TARDIS are currently at 14/1 when – or rather if – Jenna Coleman leaves, which is rumoured to be part of the Christmas storyline.

The betting company also have 16/1 for Chris Addison and Peter Capaldi – who were both in The Tick Of It – join forces once again, and the same odds are on offer for Karen Gillan – who was Amy Pond during Matt Smith’s Tardis tenure – to make a shock return to the show.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Jenna’s exit came as a big shock, but punters don’t seem to mind too much and are in the thick of it placing bets on a Capaldi-Addison reunion.”

Another rumor from a user on GallifreyBase.com:
I have been chatting to some friends in the media in London who have heard whispers that Moffat and Minchin have held meetings with ex Corrie actress Michelle Keegan about taking over from Jenna in S9. Personally I'd be surprised if they went with another mid-20s northern actress with a dark complexion from a soap, but that's what they are hearing. Don't shoot the messenger!
I'm going to take any rumours about new companions with a large pinch of salt until we get some kind of official confirmation.
The Telekinetic Toad
There's a rumor that:
Natalie Gumede might become the next companion, because she's the only character in the upcoming Christmas special who was given a full name (not just a first name) in the DWM preview. She's playing a character named Ashley Carter in that. Of course, her character being given a last name may mean nothing. But then there's also the magazine's preview for the January issue of DWM, which is going to have an article where "Jenna Coleman looks back at her time on Clara".

Game Of Thrones star Rose Leslie, 27, is the favourite to become the Doctor’s next companion, according to the latest odds from Ladbrokes.

Odds of her stepping out of the TARDIS are currently at 14/1 when – or rather if – Jenna Coleman leaves, which is rumoured to be part of the Christmas storyline.

The betting company also have 16/1 for Chris Addison and Peter Capaldi – who were both in The Tick Of It – join forces once again, and the same odds are on offer for Karen Gillan – who was Amy Pond during Matt Smith’s Tardis tenure – to make a shock return to the show.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Jenna’s exit came as a big shock, but punters don’t seem to mind too much and are in the thick of it placing bets on a Capaldi-Addison reunion.”

I am not sure about Natalie Gumede, she reminds me too much of Journey Blue

Rose Leslie. . .not sure the world is ready for another Scottish companion, especially with the doctor being so Scottish.

The fact that Chris Addison was Seb, the AI interface in Missy's Heaven, probably eliminates him as a future Companion. . .

As to a return by Karen Gillan, I couldn't see it unless they bring her back as the older, bad-a** Amy (S6, Ep 10: “The Girl Who Waited”). . .but you would have the same problem as you have with Rose Leslie. . .an awful lot of Scottish on the set. . .

Perhaps he will do a couple of adventures without a Companion?

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kizu-Ato
The Telekinetic Toad
There's a rumor that:

Rose Leslie. . .not sure the world is ready for another Scottish companion, especially with the doctor being so Scottish.

The fact that Chris Addison was Seb, the AI interface in Missy's Heaven, probably eliminates him as a future Companion. . .

As to a return by Karen Gillan, I couldn't see it unless they bring her back as the older, bad-a** Amy (S6, Ep 10: “The Girl Who Waited”). . .but you would have the same problem as you have with Rose Leslie. . .an awful lot of Scottish on the set. . .

Perhaps he will do a couple of adventures without a Companion?

Natalie Gumede actually looks like a cross between Mels and River to me. Like if Mels' regeneration got stuck halfway through.

I feel like Karen Gillan is just there to be a sucker's bet to get the bookie some easy money. As for Chris Addison, actors have been recast before. Karen Gillan played one of the soothsayers in Fires of Pompeii before she took the role of Amy. And of course, Peter Capaldi was in that same episode as a major character. But Chris Addison may kinda be a sucker's bet too. In fact... why would anyone bet on these? There's a big chance that NONE of their options will pay out. Seems a little dumb to bet on.
If Rose Leslie takes the role, I'd like her to dye her hair. Looks too much like Amy's, I think.

Another rumor added in the first post.

Spoopy Sweetheart

27,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
Moffat is Scottish, too, right? Maybe the Scots are trying to steal Doctor Who from England. Maybe that's why they decided not to become independent this year. They hadn't secured the Doctor yet. xp
The Telekinetic Toad
Another rumor from a user on GallifreyBase.com:
I have been chatting to some friends in the media in London who have heard whispers that Moffat and Minchin have held meetings with ex Corrie actress Michelle Keegan about taking over from Jenna in S9. Personally I'd be surprised if they went with another mid-20s northern actress with a dark complexion from a soap, but that's what they are hearing. Don't shoot the messenger!

Hmmm. . .
It does seem odd that two of those being mentioned (Natalie Gumede and Michelle Keegan) were both on Coronation Street. . .I think they may all be red herrings; though it really is strange that there are no rumors being thrown out their by the UK tabloids. . .which usually are all over happenings at Doctor Who (other than the odds makers at Ladbrokes).

As to Addison and the reviving of people who have appeared; it is true that it does happen, but in Addison's case it would be way too soon after his appearance.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kizu-Ato
Hmmm. . .
It does seem odd that two of those being mentioned (Natalie Gumede and Michelle Keegan) were both on Coronation Street. . .I think they may all be red herrings; though it really is strange that there are no rumors being thrown out their by the UK tabloids. . .which usually are all over happenings at Doctor Who (other than the odds makers at Ladbrokes).

As to Addison and the reviving of people who have appeared; it is true that it does happen, but in Addison's case it would be way too soon after his appearance.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Oh, good point! I forgot Seb's episode just happened because it feels so long ago to me...
I'm oddly more anxious to see a new companion than I was to see the new Doctor. I think that's mostly because I liked 11 but dislike Clara now.

I-Stole-the-TARDIS
Moffat is Scottish, too, right? Maybe the Scots are trying to steal Doctor Who from England. Maybe that's why they decided not to become independent this year. They hadn't secured the Doctor yet. xp

Haha, that'd be an interesting nuance in the modern day of secession.
I didn't actually realize Moffat was Scottish until right now. I guess that's why he writes a bit like Grant Morrison.
But, yeah, there are a lot of Scots...

Party Member

Kizu-Ato
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

emotion_donotwant

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Some guy said this about the Bookie odds rumor:
The whole reason this whole Rose Leslie rumour started was because of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7YUkqLTRDs

So basically, a guy named Dan suggested it and somehow that trickled back to the bookies as some sort of fact.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff