Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Seeker

ok guys so I really only just watched my first episode of Doctor Who. I liked it but was wondering if the episode and time line I came into the show was ok, or if I should be watching it at a different time. I'm kind of clueless on this, knowing this show has been running for a long time. so where I entered is as followed.

Air Date: 26/03/2005

Summary: Christopher Eccleston takes the role of the time-travelling crusader, who lands on Earth just in time to save a department store worker, named Rose Tyler (Billie Piper), from a horde of marauding mannequins - thus plunging the pair into a desperate battle against a malevolent alien intelligence with the ability to bring plastic to life.

so is this a good place to start, or should I go backwards or forwards?
Most people recommend that, if you're just getting into the series, you should start with the Ninth Doctor, as you did. This is because you don't need to have seen the Classic Series in order to understand what is going on.

However, I do recommend checking out the Classic Series at some point. In that case, you can start from "An Unearthly Child" (the very first episode) and work forwards from there, but you'd need to be prepared for a pretty long haul. Or you can start from pretty much anywhere you like; for example, if you like Sarah Jane in "School Reunion", you could use her Classic episodes (which first aired in the mid-Seventies) as a sort of jumping off point. In any case, I tend to find that most stories are pretty much self-contained, making it fairly easy to watch them at random.
biggrin doctor who biggrin

Interesting Genius

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Doctor Who is a great sho biggrin

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Awesome, that's where i started.

Oh, yeah. You're gonna cry..... and laugh.... and say awwwww..... and be terrified.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yeah! That's where I started.

Hilarious Genius

6,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
It's an awesome show! I haven't watched it for almost a week and I'm having withdraws Dx

It'll do that to you!

Kyoku's Fangirl

Desirable Felis catus

21,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
welcome to the fandom don't blink

Anxious Dabbler

I had this same question before and never really got a clear answer from anyone. So I just broke down and watched the show and to be honest you really don't need to watch the classic unless you want to. The newer show does a great job at hinting toward the old ones, villains and so on. So yeah, hope that helps.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Yeah, that's a great place to start. 3nodding

Hilarious Seeker

Dear Doctor Who Fans,

I have come to the conclusion that 'Doctor Who' is just not my cup of tea. It's brilliant and exciting in its own way, its just that 6 episodes in I found my self lacking the excitement that other shows give me. So for now I'm taking a break I may come back to it.

I don't want to offend, not at all. Because I do like it, its just I think I need time to get right into it. And the reason I'm saying this is because I wanted to thank everyone who responded to this post. I really appreciate your feedback and answers, thank you all so very much.

So here's hoping, one day maybe I'll get just as much enjoyment out of 'Doctor Who' as all of you do. Till then have an awesome day.

SHETA

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces