Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So.. I just thought of a possible way the "12th-Doctor-at-Gallifrey" conundrum can be solved.

What if the two parallel timelines (the one where the Doctor dies during the Siege on Trenzalore and leaves his timestream in a tomb, and the one where he doesn't because of Clara and the Time Lords) end up getting... sorta... "smashed together"? With aspects of both sorta just being in the new timestream?

This would mean that, hypothetically, if the Doctor returns to Trenzalore now, he'd find his tomb and his timestream from the other timeline. But he'd still be able to go back to Gallifrey during Day of the Doctor.
They could show that other aspects of the two once-separate timelines are popping up too. And maybe Missy's actions have something to do with this.

Too messy? No bueno?

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Merging Timelines? How would that work? What caused it?

The thing is Ten stated without the Time Lords a TARDIS isn't able to cross timelines. It was possible before, but during the Time Wars the parallel timelines were cut off.

While the Time war is a cool story and all I never understood how it got started in the first place. It's never made a lick of sense. Yes the Dalek have Time Travel technology (Since the first Doctor even), but the Time Lords had it first. You'd think that give the Time Lords enough of an advantage to prevent such a war. I mean after the Sontarans invaded Galifrey why the bloody hell didn't they prepare?

Dapper Guildswoman

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I have one problem with moffet he's actulally killing people this season...

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dunno if you saw this, Recca. I edited my post on the first page to include it, but it was easy to miss:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2E7KiFsKz8
That's presumably when the Silence were sabotaging the TARDIS. It was in the episode "The Lodger" in series 5, while The Doctor was investing what turned out to be a spaceship disguised as the second floor of an apartment building. It's hinted that the ship was a Silence ship.

As for that "smashed timelines" theory, I'm just guessing. It's just an idea in my head.
It's a way to explain the Doctor cameo. And maybe the "Heaven" that Missy is extracting dead people to is actually the other timeline. Maybe she's actually trying to get the Doctor from this timeline to go back to that timeline where the Doctor died on Trenzalore, for some reason.
Just an idea in my head. I doubt it's gonna happen. It's basically impossible to predict the convolutions of DW.
Mirrored Rose
I have one problem with moffet he's actulally killing people this season...

Er, people have actually been killed since the first serial. On old lady caveman was killed by another cave man in "An Unearthly Child"

The Telekinetic Toad
Dunno if you saw this, Recca. I edited my post on the first page to include it, but it was easy to miss:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2E7KiFsKz8
That's presumably when the Silence were sabotaging the TARDIS. It was in the episode "The Lodger" in series 5, while The Doctor was investing what turned out to be a spaceship disguised as the second floor of an apartment building. It's hinted that the ship was a Silence ship.

Saw it, don't have an argument. At least not till I watch the ep again. It does make sense, but at the same time how did the Silence even get on the ship at that time.

Feral Shapeshifter

23,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Eh, my issues with him are lack of continuity. I can't remember all of them, but the one I primarily remember is as follows:

The Trenzalore stuff. What the heck. What was the point. It's all lack of continuity. WHAT. emotion_facepalm

The Silence stuff. emotion_facepalm

But then what REALLY pisses me off about continuity: when Rory is a centurion waiting for 2000 years, all that stuff, but then timey whimey stuff, but then they all still remember what happened because they were the center of the storm, and thus get to remember what happened in that alternate timeline.

But then Day of the Doctor, they save Gallifrey, but then they don't get to remember?! What happened to the eye of the storm crap!? ┻━┻ ︵ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the heck is happening to my Doctor Who?!

And then what is going on with the Riversong stuff is also lack of continuity and is really pissing me off. When they introduced her, they showed that she would get the doctor's screwdriver. Given to her. But it is never shown to happen. And it seems like they are trying to avoid putting her into the new season (there is only ONE reference, and it was SO BRIEF that nearly everyone I talked to missed it! щ(゚Д゚щ) Don't think I can put it here because of spoilers tho OTL). So yeah.

The only thing Moffat has stayed more consistent with, is his promise in the episode The Doctor Dances - "Just this once Rose, everyone lives!" Yep. Thank you, Moffat, for that being the one thing you've been consistant with emotion_facepalm (tho there have been a couple of episodes that no one died, but they have been few and far inbetween)

But it is still wonderful, despite all the issues. Capaldi does his darndest with what Moffat is giving him.
And people are free to shoot me for it: I preferred Russel's writing.

But yeah. My final word? Moffat should focus on Sherlocke, what he is REALLY GOOD at, and pass the poor dying torch of Doctor Who to a new writer. IMO.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
-x-Jasmine_Dragon-x-
The Trenzalore stuff. What the heck. What was the point. It's all lack of continuity. WHAT. emotion_facepalm

The Trenzalore and Silence stuff is very convoluted, but it has continuity. I posted in this thread summarizing that whole thing. It's just complicated..

But.. yeah, I dunno when The Doctor is supposed to give River the sonic screwdriver..

Spoopy Sweetheart

27,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
The Telekinetic Toad
-x-Jasmine_Dragon-x-

The Trenzalore and Silence stuff is very convoluted, but it has continuity. I posted in this thread summarizing that whole thing. It's just complicated..

But.. yeah, I dunno when The Doctor is supposed to give River the sonic screwdriver..

Y'all have seen these, right?

Bad Night
Good Night
First Night
Last Night

Sorry, I couldn't find Bad Night, but you can read about them on the wiki. First Night and Last Night are the more relevant ones, although they still don't really give us everything. sad

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I-Stole-the-TARDIS
The Telekinetic Toad
-x-Jasmine_Dragon-x-

Y'all have seen these, right?

Bad Night
Good Night
First Night
Last Night

Sorry, I couldn't find Bad Night, but you can read about them on the wiki. First Night and Last Night are the more relevant ones, although they still don't really give us everything. sad

Nope, I haven't seen any of those. Interesting stuff. Thanks.
So it looks like we know when the Doctor gives River the sonic screwdriver. At the Singing Towers of Darillium, when he knew that she was soon to die in the Library. Right?

Also, found this while watching those:
River Song - Her Story

Spoopy Sweetheart

27,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
The Telekinetic Toad
So it looks like we know when the Doctor gives River the sonic screwdriver. At the Singing Towers of Darillium, when he knew that she was soon to die in the Library. Right?

River Song - Her Story

You're welcome. The River piece was cool. I had actually wondered what order things would fall in from her perspective. I found a timeline once, but the video worked much better.

So, seeing her bits with David Tennant again, I really hope that episode was made before they knew that he was leaving. When she tries to compare diaries with him, she asks if they'd done Byzantium yet. At this point, though she doesn't know it, she's spent all the time with the Doctor that she's going to spend. And she'd never spent time with a younger regeneration. She says he's younger than she's ever seen him, so I assume she knew it was a previous Doctor and not a future one. Shouldn't she have known that he couldn't have done anything with her yet, that he wouldn't really know her at all? I have to think that she was really written in for Tennant before he decided to retire his role. Because as bad as the continuity may be at times, they just aren't usually that sloppy. Or maybe everyone knows this already and I'm slow, lol.

I'm not saying she was bad with Matt Smith or anything. I never had problems with the story lines from their era, just with how fast everything went. I wish some of the stand alone episodes had been left out (but not The Doctor's Wife, it's my favorite episode from that season!), and that story line episodes had been made into two parters, so that we could see more of what must have been going on in between what they did show us. I don't mind rewatching episodes, obviously, but back in Davies' era I never felt like I had to in order to understand everything.

And even with multiple viewings, there are still holes here and there. I'm hoping that some of those questions may still be answered eventually. They played the long con with "The Moment" so maybe they're doing it again.

On a lighter note, I just realized the facepalm smiley is a weeping angel. emotion_facepalm

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
The Moment made sense. A living weapon who knew the Doctor's true hearts. It's the only thing Moffat has done that I truely love. The whole Time Wars makes so little sense to me, the Doctor Ending it all made a whole lot less sense. Moffat's answer to that made sense far more than how thing had been left before that. But to me that's the only bright spot in Moffat's time as showrunner. I liked a few episodes here and there, but the back story/ how they intertwined...just didn't really fit.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I-Stole-the-TARDIS
The Telekinetic Toad

River Song - Her Story

You're welcome. The River piece was cool. I had actually wondered what order things would fall in from her perspective. I found a timeline once, but the video worked much better.

So, seeing her bits with David Tennant again, I really hope that episode was made before they knew that he was leaving. When she tries to compare diaries with him, she asks if they'd done Byzantium yet. At this point, though she doesn't know it, she's spent all the time with the Doctor that she's going to spend. And she'd never spent time with a younger regeneration. She says he's younger than she's ever seen him, so I assume she knew it was a previous Doctor and not a future one. Shouldn't she have known that he couldn't have done anything with her yet, that he wouldn't really know her at all? I have to think that she was really written in for Tennant before he decided to retire his role. Because as bad as the continuity may be at times, they just aren't usually that sloppy. Or maybe everyone knows this already and I'm slow, lol.

I don't think that's being sloppy at all. River comes to the library and sees a Doctor in a different regeneration. I don't think she assumes it's an earlier regeneration just because she notes he has a younger-looking face. And she doesn't just go around analyzing everything in seconds the way you have in retrospect. She's a person, not a calculator.

"I-Stole-The-TARDIS
I'm not saying she was bad with Matt Smith or anything. I never had problems with the story lines from their era, just with how fast everything went. I wish some of the stand alone episodes had been left out (but not The Doctor's Wife, it's my favorite episode from that season!), and that story line episodes had been made into two parters, so that we could see more of what must have been going on in between what they did show us. I don't mind rewatching episodes, obviously, but back in Davies' era I never felt like I had to in order to understand everything.

And even with multiple viewings, there are still holes here and there. I'm hoping that some of those questions may still be answered eventually.

Agreed. As someone else put it, "The problem with the Smith era story arc, as far as I'm concerned, isn't that it's too complicated (although I still don't know why River needed that spacesuit). The problem is that it doesnt crescendo. Series 5 and 6 pile on mysteries one after another but then those mysteries are ignored until the series 7 finale, after which there's a mad rush to resolve everything in a couple of episodes."
It is very complicated, but I think the bigger issue is they didn't spend enough time resolving it.
What questions, particularly, though?

Recca Hino
The Moment made sense. A living weapon who knew the Doctor's true hearts. It's the only thing Moffat has done that I truely love. The whole Time Wars makes so little sense to me, the Doctor Ending it all made a whole lot less sense. Moffat's answer to that made sense far more than how thing had been left before that. But to me that's the only bright spot in Moffat's time as showrunner. I liked a few episodes here and there, but the back story/ how they intertwined...just didn't really fit.

The Doctor ended the Time War because Rassilon and the Time Council were planning to enact the Ultimate Sanction; their plan to destroy time and everything and survive past it into the next universe. They were still trying to do that when they came back in End of Time. I think that's a pretty good reason for the Doctor to do what he did.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I feel like Moffat has a tendency to have quick, game-changing resolutions to major plot lines without enough explanation, and expects Whovians to be able to figure it out. Which is fine, we can figure it out. But his stories suffer for it.

Eternal Demigod

Well there are things i like and things i dont. . .
When Clara was first introduced she was a great character, now as a Companion I cant stand her.
Too many things about Amy and Rory's last episodes were confusing. . The divorce and then the doctor comes back and fixes what could have been months worth of problems in one episode? Really? Just because your around the doctor again and he says a few things that fixes everything?

I really like Day of the Doctor! I liked Pandorica episode and The Demons Run or Devils Run I forget the title... and Nighmare in Silver, i looove that one! 3nodding
Recca Hino

The Doctor had to stop the Time War. HE STARTED IT. GENESIS OF THE DALEKS
It also makes sense why so many Daleks escaped the Time War.

The Doctor forgot because it would allow him to have all of his regenerations helping him, past and present without disturbing the entire universe Doctor Who is located in. The Doctor is a Fixed point in History, if you mess with him too much; there are consequences.

Talk about intertwining, I love how no one has commented on the fact for seasons Moffits been throwing time travellers who have gotten stuck; Deep Breath, Robot of Sherwood, Girl in the Fireplace, The Lodger. Who exactly is experimenting with time travel?

THE FRENCH
Although this Doctor will probably think that its
THE ENGLISH

Edit: Also didn't notice the "the Doctor's true hearts"..... Nice cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items