• Forum Regular 100
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
A bit late to the game here, but...

felinoel
Ratttking
No other companion will ever come close to the sheer awfulness that was Adric.
idk, I wouldn't call him quite so bad, I did like how much smarter he was than the Doctor. Though he was pretty bad.

Eh, I wouldn't say he was smarter than the Doctor. He only thought he was. The only companions I'd consider smarter than the Doctor are Zoe and Romana.
The Doctor told him it was impossible to return to Z-Space, he wrote a formula to go back with seemingly minimal effort.

I don't see how one incident leaves him more intelligent than the Doctor, when every other incident shows that he's not so very bright for a supposed genius.
It was such a high degree of math that the Doctor couldn't even comprehend the existence of it.

Well, sounds like someone's written a Mary Sue, then.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
A bit late to the game here, but...

Eh, I wouldn't say he was smarter than the Doctor. He only thought he was. The only companions I'd consider smarter than the Doctor are Zoe and Romana.
The Doctor told him it was impossible to return to Z-Space, he wrote a formula to go back with seemingly minimal effort.

I don't see how one incident leaves him more intelligent than the Doctor, when every other incident shows that he's not so very bright for a supposed genius.
It was such a high degree of math that the Doctor couldn't even comprehend the existence of it.

I don't follow..?

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xiam
Skepticism = Good
Cynicism = Bad

Doubt, but do not scoff.
Believe, but do not be gullible.
Teach, but do not lecture.
Learn, but do not join the bandwagon.
That last one seems kind of... out of place?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel

I don't follow..?

Oh come on, that Adric is sooo smart and sooo brilliant. It's basically the Doctor under RTD's run. xp

felinoel
Xiam
Skepticism = Good
Cynicism = Bad

Doubt, but do not scoff.

Not really. Much like the one above, where teaching your beliefs should not come with believing you are absolutely correct, no questions asked, that one has to do with learning about others' beliefs, but not being so caught up in them that you believe them to be absolutely correct, no questions asked, and be taken in by them so as to consider them your own.

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam

I don't follow..?

Oh come on, that Adric is sooo smart and sooo brilliant. It's basically the Doctor under RTD's run. xp

felinoel
Xiam
Skepticism = Good
Cynicism = Bad

Doubt, but do not scoff.

Not really. Much like the one above, where teaching your beliefs should not come with believing you are absolutely correct, no questions asked, that one has to do with learning about others' beliefs, but not being so caught up in them that you believe them to be absolutely correct, no questions asked, and be taken in by them so as to consider them your own.
idk... seems like kind of a stretch...
I have only seen River twice in the series so far... I guess I need to stop reading these forums or you I get spoilers. gonk

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel

I don't follow..?

felinoel
Xiam
Skepticism = Good
Cynicism = Bad

Doubt, but do not scoff.

Really? Well, what would you say?

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam

I don't follow..?

felinoel
Xiam
Skepticism = Good
Cynicism = Bad

Doubt, but do not scoff.

idk, probably not learn, I can't think of anything wrong with learning, unless they learn wrong things from an unreliable source..?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
I don't follow..?

felinoel

idk, probably not learn, I can't think of anything wrong with learning, unless they learn wrong things from an unreliable source..?

...It's... it's supposed to be in contrast with teaching. And it's supposed to be about neutrality.

I could always say "Teach but do not convert, learn but do not convert." emotion_awesome

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam
felinoel
Xiam

...It's... it's supposed to be in contrast with teaching. And it's supposed to be about neutrality.

I could always say "Teach but do not convert, learn but do not convert." emotion_awesome
Meh...

Original Raider

5,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Honestly, I've never hated any of them. If I was going for least favorite out of the NuWho, it'd probably be...well, maybe River Song. Maybe. I think every companion has served as something the Doctor needed at some point of time or another.
My least favorite companion would be Rose. Sorry I just don't like her.

AriesDarshan's Queen

Moonlight Phantom

25,740 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Martha with a fiery vengeance.

Questionable Hunter

Martha and Amy

Martha should know better
Amy treats Rory like s**t
Love them all. They all had a purpose with the doctor and enjoyed every season. Yeah, some have traits that I don't like, but I still love them. At first I actually didn't like Rory up until a little bit later in the series. Love you Rory! River, I like, but the whole relationship with the Doctor doesn't make sense to me. He doesn't seem in love with her, then again she has known him longer than he knows her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff