Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Informer

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I never had a problem with the 11/River relationship, personally. For those of us who have gone back and delved into the Old Doctor Who adventures, we've seen so many aspects of the Doctor's personality play out in how he relates to his companions. It seems natural to me that we should eventually see a romance play out on-screen that actually comes to fruition.

That being said, I do feel that it has been overdone in the past 7 years of the new program. Donna felt like a breath of fresh air coming off of two companions that pined after the Doctor and swooned over everything he did. Amy annoyed me initially because of her overt sexual attraction to the Doctor, so when Rory started playing a larger part in the story, it was nice to see that significantly downplayed.

That's why with the recent news (which I will not spoil in case somebody doesn't want to know about it), I'm hoping that we will finally get back to the more Donna-esque feeling that the show had when she was on. I feel like the romance subplots can finally be set aside between the Doctor and his companion so we can get back to learning about new, different sides to the Doctor's personality and character.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who wanted to have another Turlough character appear on the show without a female companion appearing for awhile.

Interesting Friend

4,650 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Chibi Forte
I never had a problem with the 11/River relationship, personally. For those of us who have gone back and delved into the Old Doctor Who adventures, we've seen so many aspects of the Doctor's personality play out in how he relates to his companions. It seems natural to me that we should eventually see a romance play out on-screen that actually comes to fruition.

That being said, I do feel that it has been overdone in the past 7 years of the new program. Donna felt like a breath of fresh air coming off of two companions that pined after the Doctor and swooned over everything he did. Amy annoyed me initially because of her overt sexual attraction to the Doctor, so when Rory started playing a larger part in the story, it was nice to see that significantly downplayed.

That's why with the recent news (which I will not spoil in case somebody doesn't want to know about it), I'm hoping that we will finally get back to the more Donna-esque feeling that the show had when she was on. I feel like the romance subplots can finally be set aside between the Doctor and his companion so we can get back to learning about new, different sides to the Doctor's personality and character.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who wanted to have another Turlough character appear on the show without a female companion appearing for awhile.
i agree i would love to see another Turlough style character

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100

I loathe River Song with everything I have. I have always disliked her, and the idea that she was married to the doctor was just repulsive. I don't even ship Rose/Ten that much, (It's a cute pairing but I can live without it) But I just don't like River

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff