Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is it just me who has this like...major resentment towards the Doctor's marriage to River? xD

Being a huge RosexDoctor fan, Idk...it's just...wrong to me. :']

Karasunosaki's Prince

Feline Friend

17,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Doctor loves the entire universe and (almost) everything in it. Surely there's enough room in his hearts for more than one person?

Coming to you from a massive Doctor/Fitz shipper, mind you.
There seem to be a lot of people who dislike the Doctor's marriage to River Song. The biggest reasons I've seen for it are that they are either very avid DoctorxRose shippers or they aren't keen about how much impact River has had on the storyline in recent times.

Fashionable Cub

12,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I actually ship Doctor/River rather a lot. It took me a while to warm up to her, but honestly? I like River more than I ever liked Rose. And she is perfect for the Doctor as his is right now.

But honestly, the Doctor has loved quite a few people. He loved before River, he loved many companions before he loved Rose, and he's even been married and had children. People need to stop thinking of him in human standards. There is never going to be one person for the Doctor. Because in the end, everybody will break his heart. They'll leave him, or they'll die, or he'll be forced to leave them behind.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
The Doctor has many female companions, I don't see why he should have to suddenly find romantic involvement with any of them.
scherzofrog
The Doctor loves the entire universe and (almost) everything in it. Surely there's enough room in his hearts for more than one person?

THIS. Personally, I really don't like Rose, and I never understood the whole "epic romance" thing that she supposedly has going on with 10. I myself am a huge 11/River shipper, but I definitely agree that the Doctor is simply not "meant" for one person. After all, he's lived for almost a thousand years now. He's bound to fall in love with more than one person.

The thing I really hate about Rose is that she let her experiences with the Doctor take over her entire life, to the point where she abandoned her family, and everything else she knew. True, River's life also revolves around the Doctor, but she was brainwashed into an obsession with him for twenty years of her life--a good portion of which she did manage to spend with her parents. A big part of Rose's recklessness was her own choice.

I do believe that the Doctor and Rose genuinely loved each other, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're meant to be together. That's not to say that he and River are meant for each other, either, mind you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With people like the Doctor, while loving him is worth it, you need to know your emotional boundaries, and frankly, Rose didn't. Don't forget, Martha was in love with him, too, but she chose to learn from her experiences with the Doctor and find her new place in the world without abandoning her family. Hell, River sacrificed herself for him more than once, because even though she could have stayed with him in the library, she knew that it was more important for him to live than for her to.

Why do I always feel alone in my opinion of Rose? I mean, there are some things I do like about her, but I just don't see her as this pillar of existence like the rest of the Whoniverse does. In fact, I had heard of Rose before I got into Doctor who, and was so taken aback by how much she is just revered by this fanbase. I feel like there's something I'm missing were Rose is concerned, and sometimes I even feel bad for not being hugely in love with her. sweatdrop
Xiam
The Doctor has many female companions, I don't see why he should have to suddenly find romantic involvement with any of them.

The Doctor does have a lot of humanity in him, so it makes sense that he would be in love with humanity in general. In this sense, I feel almost completely opposite in the opinion that the Doctor shouldn't have romantic interests. When you live as long and vast a life as the Doctor has, you're bound to fall in love any number of times. It makes sense. I don't think that there's any one person meant for the Doctor, either, though.

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mmm...I guess it is just me then. :']

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I also find it quite amusing everyone speaks of him and his companions as though they are real. :']

Ahhh...the troubles of being in a fandom xD

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I actually agree with Xiam, which is why Donna is my favourite companion of nuWho.

I am sick and tired of how nearly every female that comes into the Doctor's life falls in love with him. Sick and tired, and somewhat hungry.

It is too much drama for my eyes to see. The only pairing I did not mind was Doctor/Rose, but that was because she was my first companion. Now, it just gives me a headache. It's just TOO DAMN MUCH.

Now, as for River, she's alright. I personally think that she tries too hard to be "badass" or "awesome", but she comes off looking like another s**t character in a s**t series (which I still enjoy immensely). Their marriage is just meh. I don't care. Gimme some interesting episodes that can ignore all that love crap so I can once again be happy with my non-life.

Interesting Friend

4,650 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
x0_FATIMAGIC
scherzofrog

THIS. Personally, I really don't like Rose, and I never understood the whole "epic romance" thing that she supposedly has going on with 10. I myself am a huge 11/River shipper, but I definitely agree that the Doctor is simply not "meant" for one person. After all, he's lived for almost a thousand years now. He's bound to fall in love with more than one person.

The thing I really hate about Rose is that she let her experiences with the Doctor take over her entire life, to the point where she abandoned her family, and everything else she knew. True, River's life also revolves around the Doctor, but she was brainwashed into an obsession with him for twenty years of her life--a good portion of which she did manage to spend with her parents. A big part of Rose's recklessness was her own choice.

I do believe that the Doctor and Rose genuinely loved each other, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're meant to be together. That's not to say that he and River are meant for each other, either, mind you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With people like the Doctor, while loving him is worth it, you need to know your emotional boundaries, and frankly, Rose didn't. Don't forget, Martha was in love with him, too, but she chose to learn from her experiences with the Doctor and find her new place in the world without abandoning her family. Hell, River sacrificed herself for him more than once, because even though she could have stayed with him in the library, she knew that it was more important for him to live than for her to.

Why do I always feel alone in my opinion of Rose? I mean, there are some things I do like about her, but I just don't see her as this pillar of existence like the rest of the Whoniverse does. In fact, I had heard of Rose before I got into Doctor who, and was so taken aback by how much she is just revered by this fanbase. I feel like there's something I'm missing were Rose is concerned, and sometimes I even feel bad for not being hugely in love with her. sweatdrop
you are not alone. I liked Rose to begin with her and 9 were very cool then when 10 came along I still liked them but in the cybermen episodes when Mickey stayed in the other dimension I just lost my faith in Rose as she didnt do anything to keep Mickey

Karasunosaki's Prince

Feline Friend

17,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
xoxTheQueenxox
I also find it quite amusing everyone speaks of him and his companions as though they are real. :']

Well, would you prefer that we all preface each post with "well, I know this is all taking place in some weird British TV show, but theoretically speaking"?

It's sort of assumed that we all know they're fictional.
Rivers Husband
x0_FATIMAGIC
scherzofrog

you are not alone. I liked Rose to begin with her and 9 were very cool then when 10 came along I still liked them but in the cybermen episodes when Mickey stayed in the other dimension I just lost my faith in Rose as she didnt do anything to keep Mickey

I agree the Mickey situation was treated a bit poorly, but their relationship never seemed serious in the show. Even in the first episode they acted more like friends then a couple in love. And if you have read the books and other EU stories, then you know that Mickey was more of a rebound guy than a true love.

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
scherzofrog
xoxTheQueenxox

Well, would you prefer that we all preface each post with "well, I know this is all taking place in some weird British TV show, but theoretically speaking"?

It was merely something that amused me, love. :'] No need to get defensive.

Karasunosaki's Prince

Feline Friend

17,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
xoxTheQueenxox
scherzofrog
xoxTheQueenxox

It was merely something that amused me, love. :'] No need to get defensive.

There is equally no need to patronize me. Or the fandom at large, for that matter. :']

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff